I hit up flanno sr on instagram

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
im similiar, and i have never put my son ahead of anyone. probably been too hard on him tbh, but at this level he wouldnt do it imo.
I was hard on my young bloke too , and that makes my point regardless of weather it’s NRL or junior football it’s almost impossible for a father to be objective when coaching his son and it’s only in the rarest of occasions that it works.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just been reading about Sharks and Flanno circa 2011-2018. Geez I had forgotten a lot from that period. He got a 9 months suspension for the peptide scandal. I thought that was why he wasn't allowed to coach, but nah, he came back and coached them to the premiershi, then a couple of years later the NRL uncovered he had breached his suspension by sending over 50 emails to the club, footy dept. etc. So they de-registered him indefinitely over what apparently happened several years prior. Weird. I said he'd been waiting 2 years to coach again. It's been 4 or so. And the NRL would have to re-register him I suppose.

All that was on Wikipedia so not to be taken as 100% fact.
Sort of like getting 3 years for armed hold up of a bank, then getting another 9 years on top for trying to escape from jail.

trent_solotar7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obsessed? I just want flamingo off the team and out of our jersey.

Like I said, flamingo is his red flag. If he wasn't our player I would want Flanno coaching today.
who would you prefer getting the top job?

Malla

Reaction score
He follows a hashtag on Instagram called #bringbackflanno I think he will do whatever it takes to secure this job in which means the flanagan jnr baggage might not be a problem…
Good investigations

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard this evening that Flanagan is a done deal....Golden handshake after the Raiders game

Apparantly Paul Gallen might be one of his assistants along with John Morris
Happy to have Morris but please, not Gallen.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Flanno can have the job under one condition. His son finds another club.

Como Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What options do we have that aren't risky?
Well Flanagan's experience, past successes and a premiership (still hard to win even if cheating the cap) make him less of a risk.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All honesty I don't care who is our interim coach is or how he goes. It's All about 2023 for me.

All he needs is 3 wins and already is better than Baz. 6 wins and he is better than the while time the fraud has been here.

PS he just needs a 13% winning record and already is better than baz.
If he gets 6 wins bro we may get in the semis.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The only way to win the comp these days is to cheat. Flanno has proven he is willing to do what it takes to win a comp. If it means cheating then so be it.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Well Flanagan's experience, past successes and a premiership (still hard to win even if cheating the cap) make him less of a risk.
The risk with Flanagan is that he might get upto something really dodgy again....lol

sam snee

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Obsessed? I just want flamingo off the team and out of our jersey.

Like I said, flamingo is his red flag. If he wasn't our player I would want Flanno coaching today.
That’s exactly right if we got flano snr then what stopping him from signing his son long term Fuk that blind Freddy will tell u we need a decent 7 and unfortunately flano is not cowboys Bronx went out got a 7 and they doing ok