I hate to say it but are looking at a wooden spoon?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Yes I hate to be negative but was thinking about it over the weekend, we are near certain to take this out. Titans are going ok won 3 and para have a better rooster and may come good. Wests and Newcastle are better teams. I'm not blaming Pay it was always going to be a rebuilding year.
We are banging this cliche 'rebuilding year' to hide our inefficiencies and inabilities a bit too much and it's getting old.
Except for the Storm and Cows,every team is having a rebuilding year.In fact we are one of the teams that has the least player changes and injuries.
Existing coaches continuously evolve and change their game plans and the players,old and new adapt.
Do people really believe that our players suddenly forgot how to play football under Des?
Some people are treating our players like they were still in the under 20's or schoolboys,still learning the game from infancy.
We must have the biggest bunch of slow learners and should replace the Bulldog with the Panda (one of the world's dumbest animals).
Why do they perform well when they play rep footy (National teams,SOO and the now defunct City and Country),or move to other clubs?
It's ironic to think that if we recruit a few players end 2018,this mob that have shown us nothing this year will suddenly become world beaters.Oh I forgot it takes a full year for this mob to learn how to execute a game plan.
It's either our coaches and their useless game plans or the players don't give a shit!
So I ask everyone which camp are you on? But please don't give me this bullshit excuse 'it's a rebuilding year'.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
We are banging this cliche 'rebuilding year' to hide our inefficiencies and inabilities a bit too much and it's getting old.
Except for the Storm and Cows,every team is having a rebuilding year.In fact we are one of the teams that has the least player changes and injuries.
Existing coaches continuously evolve and change their game plans and the players,old and new adapt.
Do people really believe that our players suddenly forgot how to play football under Des?
Some people are treating our players like they were still in the under 20's or schoolboys,still learning the game from infancy.
We must have the biggest bunch of slow learners and should replace the Bulldog with the Panda (one of the world's dumbest animals).
Why do they perform well when they play rep footy (National teams,SOO and the now defunct City and Country),or move to other clubs?
It's ironic to think that if we recruit a few players end 2018,this mob that have shown us nothing this year will suddenly become world beaters.Oh I forgot it takes a full year for this mob to learn how to execute a game plan.
It's either our coaches and their useless game plans or the players don't give a shit!
So I ask everyone which camp are you on? But please don't give me this bullshit excuse 'it's a rebuilding year'.

I was quite positive coming into this season. It looked to be a fresh start with a new coach who wouldn't do the same boring shit Des did, a new playmaker and the blues forwards combination.

But I can see now that I was blind, but now I can see.

Des fucked us hard, without lube. We have absolutely no money to recruit, we have absolutely no depth and we have a team where half of them are playing new positions and being told to play in an entirely different way.

I know we all wanted our players to play more naturally, but maybe it is easier said than done, especially when you have been conditioned to Desball and would have had a very simple role to play. You didn't have to think about what to do, you just did X thing over and over again no matter if it worked or not. Maybe our players have too much freedom now and this is the result.

I dunno, maybe I am talking shit.

But facts are our team is fucked in many ways that the current administration could not fix. We are probably performing as expected if we are honest. I just hope something clicks soon or it is going to be a very very long season which probably won't get better next season because we cannot do serious recruitment until 2019.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't have this rooster and expect to make top 4 surely? No coach can do that even Bellemy. We need to get our salary cap in order to get a decent roster and move away from the structures Des put in place. Eastwood is rumored to be on 800K, 200k less than Tamulolo, James Graham would have been getting close to 1 million if he stayed, similar to Cameron Smith and Cronk etc. Morris boys are not the same as they were 3 years ago. We can't expect miracles. I would say it is the start of a rebuild and next year we can start recruiting away from this mess. Tolman wouldn't be on the same money at any other club, not to mention still paying for Kasiano.

Newcastle had two spoons and are just now starting to come good, same with the tigers, warriors, St George even the salary cap cheating roosters had lean years. Next two years are our rebuilding years i'm afraid.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If anything, next season would be our rebuilding year, being that Pay has a say who he wants to buy and who he wants to shed.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
You can't have this rooster and expect to make top 4 surely? No coach can do that even Bellemy. We need to get our salary cap in order to get a decent roster and move away from the structures Des put in place. Eastwood is rumored to be on 800K, 200k less than Tamulolo, James Graham would have been getting close to 1 million if he stayed, similar to Cameron Smith and Cronk etc. Morris boys are not the same as they were 3 years ago. We can't expect miracles. I would say it is the start of a rebuild and next year we can start recruiting away from this mess. Tolman wouldn't be on the same money at any other club, not to mention still paying for Kasiano.

Newcastle had two spoons and are just now starting to come good, same with the tigers, warriors, St George even the salary cap cheating roosters had lean years. Next two years are our rebuilding years i'm afraid.
I agree next 2 years are our rebuilding years,but to call this year as one,is utter nonsense that is my point.This year we should be able to compete around same standard,maybe a touch better then last year,we are going through the motions.Problem is the teams that finished below us last year have improved but the gap should not be such that we get the spoon.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I agree next 2 years are our rebuilding years,but to call this year as one,is utter nonsense that is my point.This year we should be able to compete around same standard,maybe a touch better then last year,we are going through the motions.Problem is the teams that finished below us last year have improved but the gap should not be such that we get the spoon.
I would call this year a "research and development" year lol

We should use this year to give the reserves some game time to see how they handle FG, which in turn, will help the rebuilding. Also exploring different combos, plays and to see which players we need in which positions.

Deathspell

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I would call this year a "research and development" year lol

We should use this year to give the reserves some game time to see how they handle FG, which in turn, will help the rebuilding.
We are both singing from same hymn book,no talk of 'Dogs of War',plenty of time for that.Now's the time to see who deserves to be on the bus next year.

Status
Not open for further replies.