Opinion I feel sorry for flanno Honestly

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
As the title says I really feel for him this time he has been working hard and keeping his mouth shut and doing what’s asked of him, and waiting for his chance and what do they do, as team morale seems down and the vibe, and we are 1 from 4 and ample of chopping and changing with the team, they pick him after a 44 nil flogging from the storm and against the premiers. Like look I’m like most on here and don’t believe he is the answer long term but this is straight up set to fail and dent his confidence even more and break the kid further. Like what the fuck for. I really feel for him.
Be careful what you say. Apparently the experts on here can tell from “body language” that Flanno spat the dummy even though there is no evidence of it. To me it looks like he put his head down and is playing well in NSW cup.. he may not be the solution to our halfback woes but he definitely deserves a shot just like everyone else

Mak Dogs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Don’t you think if one half stood up and owned the position the coach wouldn’t have to chop and change?
I thought Wakeham has been ok the last 2 games but still got dropped to the bench. Everyone saying oh poor flamingo getting a start against the premiers not like Wakeham had it easy away at brookvale and in Melbourne

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Don’t you think if one half stood up and owned the position the coach wouldn’t have to chop and change?
They've been given two weeks each with effectively a whole new squad. What did Baz expect? I mean, he even said before the season started that the team will need time to gel. He's just become panicked and made snap decisions. He doesn't know what he's doing.

Isaac

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t feel sorry. You guys need to understand that his on 500k a season. His a professional football player and needs to play like a first grade player. All the media bullshit talk creates the toxic situation. Whether you play tigers or panthers, it’s first grade, you either make it or fail. Barrett has to try what’s available, if it doesn’t work then go in the market for next year. Roosters destroyed Flannagan not the bulldogs. We took Flanagan on his low point in his career, his lost motivation. There wasn’t any lower grade comp last year to help build his confidence. His had 4 games in lower grades to build his game. Now it’s his chance not to win against Penrith but to bring the team players around him more involved. It’s a smart move, all eyes on Flanagan which gives burton a chance to attack his former team.
Go the dogs.

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They've been given two weeks each with effectively a whole new squad. What did Baz expect? I mean, he even said before the season started that the team will need time to gel. He's just become panicked and made snap decisions. He doesn't know what he's doing.
I get it’s been two weeks only this season but I think he’s seen enough last season too and is not sure who is the best fit. It’s obvious Baz didn’t have confidence in any of the halves options, otherwise we wouldn’t have chased Shaun Johnson

kmr07

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I thought Wakeham has been ok the last 2 games but still got dropped to the bench. Everyone saying oh poor flamingo getting a start against the premiers not like Wakeham had it easy away at brookvale and in Melbourne
Agree. I thought Wakeham has been the best of both options so far.. but we still aren’t winning games so something has got to give

hackenbush

Kennel Established
Reaction score
.. what would Flannagan say ... do you want a chance to redeem yourself against the minor premiers?.. Yes bring it on....it's in the deep end no matter who the Dogs play.... against an easier team Flannagan would have been expected to be dominate.
He is in good form in the reserve, let's hope he brings his A game.

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I called for Flanagan before wakeham was selected. I'll stick my hand up if Flanagan doesn't work out, i just think logically he is the only halfback in the squad and needs to be at least given a chance.

Avo - cowboys/Broncos
Wakeham - manly/melbourne
Flanagan - Penrith/south's (if he gets picked next week).

If your a halfback and you get to pick which 2 teams you get to pick to play against to cement your spot at half, your choosing cows/broncs everyday of the week.

Then out of each of those halves who has had the best/worst preparation?

Now we will sit back and compare each halfbacks stint against each other when it's not even close to being an even comparison. But hey at the end of the day if Flanagan ends up killing it, he won't re-sign with us anyway if Barrett is our coach.

Wearnze

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Trent Barrett can't win.

FANS say he is too nice and wants to be everyone's friend and not to be feared. Well Averillo and Wakeman did not stand up not being out the best in our marquee man Burton. If he was as people say he is he wouldn't have upset Averillo or Wakeman....but he has instead showed he is happy to change players around when not performing. Team selections are performance based (except captain Jackson but understand without him we have little leadership).

FANS say Flanagan has been really good in NSW cup and deserves a chance. Barrett obviously thinks that too and gives him a chance to show Barrett and the rest of us he can go to that next level in first grade now that he has been working on his game in NSW cup. People say we have done him a disservice - we would have if he remained in first grade. We have been nothing but fair to him and he has worked his way back. Good on him and it shouldn't matter who we play - if he is our best option I trust Barrett. Nice to see players being rewarded for good performances too!

Ive re watched all games this year and yes it's frustrating we don't seem to finish any half chances but we have played much better than 2021 and are not that far from nagging a few wins. Storm put on 44 points against most teams. Not too upset we didn't win as much as I always hope. We are still a bottom 8 side this year - next year with Kikau and Mahoney we will be too 8. Be patient for goodness sake!

gibbo2

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should of been the 7 from the start of the year. He is the best option we have

Menteek

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One of the bulldogs fan page put up the article of Kyle and his dad going to Leeds

Flanno SR comments on instagram of it and says both incorrect

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Trent Barrett can't win.

FANS say he is too nice and wants to be everyone's friend and not to be feared. Well Averillo and Wakeman did not stand up not being out the best in our marquee man Burton. If he was as people say he is he wouldn't have upset Averillo or Wakeman....but he has instead showed he is happy to change players around when not performing. Team selections are performance based (except captain Jackson but understand without him we have little leadership).

FANS say Flanagan has been really good in NSW cup and deserves a chance. Barrett obviously thinks that too and gives him a chance to show Barrett and the rest of us he can go to that next level in first grade now that he has been working on his game in NSW cup. People say we have done him a disservice - we would have if he remained in first grade. We have been nothing but fair to him and he has worked his way back. Good on him and it shouldn't matter who we play - if he is our best option I trust Barrett. Nice to see players being rewarded for good performances too!

Ive re watched all games this year and yes it's frustrating we don't seem to finish any half chances but we have played much better than 2021 and are not that far from nagging a few wins. Storm put on 44 points against most teams. Not too upset we didn't win as much as I always hope. We are still a bottom 8 side this year - next year with Kikau and Mahoney we will be too 8. Be patient for goodness sake!
Get your tongue out of Barrett's arse. He is the worst coach in Bulldogs history FACT!

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Trent Barrett can't win.

If the information is true that is being reported, I disagree. NRL 360 are telling us that Flanagan hasn't trained with first grade squad outside of the preseason for near 12 months. He wasn't given any time with Burton in the trials.
All our eggs were put into Averillo who was never a lock as the halfback. To me that just seems odd.

Then he is overlooked for wakeham, who is playing 5/8 in reserves. Now he has been chucked in with a halves partner he hasn't had any time with. Against a team that regardless who was the 7, we are heavy under dogs to even be 1-12 against them. Coming off a heavy loss and multiple changes in the spine. The other players in the team have no cohesion with each other as it is. He you go Kyle, go and fix everything against the defending premiers who just best their grand finalists last week.

Poor coaching/management in my opinion

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Those homos on NRL360 all said that Flanno hasn’t trained with the FG team since mid last year?

Then why have I seen him previous training photos?

No time is a good time to play him after they campaigned hard to have him back in grade

Damn if you do damn if you don’t

Duty of care ?fk off

Last edited:

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Those homos on NRL360 all said that Flanno hasn’t trained with the FG team since mid last year?

Then why have I seen him previous training photos?

No time is a good time to play him after they campaign king and hard to have him

Damn if you do damn if you don’t

Duty of care ?fk off
I think they meant once the teams are.picked they train separately. The entire squad would train in preseason along with train and trials players and some flogged players etc. Then they seperate and train in their respective teams

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I honestly hope he kills it, gets man of the match with 3 Dally M points and shoves it up everyone's clacker and leaves the coach with no option but to hand him the 7 jumper every week.

If this happens, then at least we will improve and I'm all for that.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
James Graham "from the outside looking in, it looks like Kyle has been set up to fail"

Benji Marshall "the selection at this time is bizarre" "he's had no opportunity to develop combinations in the trials"

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Watch him come out, set up a few tries. Burton gets MOTM because he can actually play his natural game. JAC gets a hat trick. Flanagan kicks 7/7 as we win 38-12. The Kennel is in delirium.

Then Monday morning announces he’s going to Leeds with his old man.
Can I get a fiddy of whatever it is your smokin? That’s some good shit…