News 'I beg your pardon': Fuming referee explodes at Bulldogs firebrand Josh Reynolds

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds is back in the NRL and getting under people's skin.

As the Dragons met the Bulldogs at WIN Stadium on Sunday afternoon, it was referee Grant Atkins who the Bulldogs veteran antagonised, triggering an extraordinary spray.

Reynolds was penalised for flopping on Dragons fullback Tyrell Sloan late in the opening half, and after the siren blew, the former New South Wales State of Origin No.6 asked Atkins, "What did I do?".

"I thought you got him in the back of the head on the way down," Atkins explained.

"Bullshit I hit him in the back of the head."

Atkins cracked.

"I beg your pardon," the whistleblower said.

"Come out here, come out here, come here. Don't say a word."

Atkins tossed the ball away and had a stern word with Reynolds and Bulldogs captain Reed Mahoney.

"If this bloke speaks to me like this again he sits out," Atkins said to Mahoney while pointing at Reynolds.

"I'm asking you what I do but," Reynolds quipped.

"Go away," Atkins shot back.

"I'm not speaking to you for the rest of the game."

Reynolds trudged away as Atkins continued to communicate with Mahoney.

"Come to me again and he goes to the bin," Atkins said.

"You take that 10 minutes now to work it out.

"Come to me again about anything, he goes."

As Mahoney departed the field at half-time, the Canterbury skipper was asked by Nine's Emma Lawrence if he needed to calm Reynolds down.

"The old fella, he's roaring the big fella," Mahoney said.

"We love his energy. We all know what Josh Reynolds is like; you've sometimes got to pull him back.

"But he's doing a great job so far."

Reynolds, who turned 34 in the second week of April, earned a top-30 contract with the Bulldogs over the summer.

He made his first starting appearance in the Bulldogs' match against the Dragons, which Canterbury won 18-16.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
JR was speaking up, don’t blame him.. it must be bloody frustrating as a player, us supporters have it bad enough and we just watching. these refs get it wrong more than right. the twats up stairs are also not much better. Whole thing is a stitch up it seems.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
He was great yesterday..Sure what he said was pretty mild but it can cost you.because but at the end of the day the ref is always right..even if it was a bullshit call! :grimacing:

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He was good Joshy, exceeded my expectations yesty.It will be he ends up bench and KO plays 80 in the halves but he helped us get the win yesty I reckon.
As for the storm in a thimble and overreact by the Princess Atkins, whatever it wasn't a direct slander move on you sooky lala.

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good to see. We are the most penalised team by a lot .. it’s crazy ! We are learning to win, you can’t take away how important all these injuries are gonna be and the win when behind on sin bins. Super proud of our team , I always believed we would win. To many haters here who carry on like a trans person on hormone therapy and being told they aren’t a woman

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Mate I couldn’t believe of how much of a difference it made to the team. He just added for burton to be free Mahoney create space.it was unbelievable he was sensational.
Could prove to be a master class having burton 7 and olopau 6 cause Reynolds and olopau both love right side and burton and the left foot step. Very dangerous

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Josh Reynolds is back in the NRL and getting under people's skin.

As the Dragons met the Bulldogs at WIN Stadium on Sunday afternoon, it was referee Grant Atkins who the Bulldogs veteran antagonised, triggering an extraordinary spray.

Reynolds was penalised for flopping on Dragons fullback Tyrell Sloan late in the opening half, and after the siren blew, the former New South Wales State of Origin No.6 asked Atkins, "What did I do?".

"I thought you got him in the back of the head on the way down," Atkins explained.

"Bullshit I hit him in the back of the head."

Atkins cracked.

"I beg your pardon," the whistleblower said.

"Come out here, come out here, come here. Don't say a word."

Atkins tossed the ball away and had a stern word with Reynolds and Bulldogs captain Reed Mahoney.

"If this bloke speaks to me like this again he sits out," Atkins said to Mahoney while pointing at Reynolds.

"I'm asking you what I do but," Reynolds quipped.

"Go away," Atkins shot back.

"I'm not speaking to you for the rest of the game."

Reynolds trudged away as Atkins continued to communicate with Mahoney.

"Come to me again and he goes to the bin," Atkins said.

"You take that 10 minutes now to work it out.

"Come to me again about anything, he goes."

As Mahoney departed the field at half-time, the Canterbury skipper was asked by Nine's Emma Lawrence if he needed to calm Reynolds down.

"The old fella, he's roaring the big fella," Mahoney said.

"We love his energy. We all know what Josh Reynolds is like; you've sometimes got to pull him back.

"But he's doing a great job so far."

Reynolds, who turned 34 in the second week of April, earned a top-30 contract with the Bulldogs over the summer.

He made his first starting appearance in the Bulldogs' match against the Dragons, which Canterbury won 18-16.
"I beg your pardon" - sounds like an... what do you call them, the elevated foot rests you put your feet on. Ottoman?

Oh no...pouf. That's it. What a pouf.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If you think that Grub rushing up to the reff shouting "BULLSHIT!" was great then I have news for you.
Abusing a reff, no matter how well deserved it may or may not be is unprofessional and could have gotten him sent off for ten and is not tolerated at any level in any sport anywhere!
This was not a good example to set for juniors!