Hutchinson is a momentum killer

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Ciro has explained why he rates hutcho , his communication and getting players around the park is his best asset Ciro obviously values this more then what sexton can provide for our team ath the moment. If we lose next week he might give sexton a crack but definitely not after tonight's game

Trinfly

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ciro has explained why he rates hutcho , his communication and getting players around the park is his best asset Ciro obviously values this more then what sexton can provide for our team ath the moment. If we lose next week he might give sexton a crack but definitely not after tonight's game
He is hearing the feedback hey

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Tonight's game should've been the evidence that Hutchison isn't the answer. We should've had 2 tries in the first 20 minutes but Hutchison was putrid in the Panthers 20m.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Tonight's game should've been the evidence that Hutchison isn't the answer. We should've had 2 tries in the first 20 minutes but Hutchison was putrid in the Panthers 20m.
Obviously it was Hutcho fault that Xerri threw the forward pass to fox

Also hutcho fault that fox's kick in field went straight too edwards

Hutcho fault again when kiraz kicked in field and mahoney was offside

Was hutchos fault when burton dived for the ball and knocked it on and panthers pass to to'o who goes in for a try

Hutcho fault kikau knocks the ball on

Hutcho fault Sam Hughes knocks it on

Hutcho's fault etc. etc. etc....

Everything is Hutchos fault ???

Some of you guys are unbelievable

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Obviously it was Hutcho fault that Xerri threw the forward pass to fox

Also hutcho fault that fox's kick in field went straight too edwards

Hutcho fault again when kiraz kicked in field and mahoney was offside

Was hutchos fault when burton dived for the ball and knocked it on and panthers pass to to'o who goes in for a try

Hutcho fault kilau knocks the ball on

Hutcho fault Sam Hughes knocks it on

Hutcho's fault etc. etc. etc....

Everything is Hutchos fault ???

Some of you guys are unbelievable
You have 0 idea about rugby league if you think Hutchison is the answer at 7. He’s literally the worst starting halfback in the NRL.

J_B

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You have 0 idea about rugby league if you think Hutchison is the answer at 7. He’s literally the worst starting halfback in the NRL.
I didn't say he's the answer but I trust Ciro and Gus know what they're doing by picking him over other players , Continuing to blame hutcho is a cop-out

Are you suggesting you know more then our head coach ? Obviously he must know 0 about rugby league too haha

ASSASSIN

RIP HABS
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Wish he would run non stop all game like Brooks does. Burto is good enough to break the line multiple times
Big, strong, decent pace...he could be very damaging if he wants to be.

Reactions: DDR

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I didn't say he's the answer but I trust Ciro and Gus know what they're doing by picking him over other players , Continuing to blame hutcho is a cop-out

Are you suggesting you know more then our head coach ? Obviously he must know 0 about rugby league too haha
I'm work you on this one. Not just because @Freakzilla is clearly a fool ...

But I don't get everyone's vendetta against Hutcho.

Not one person. Not one person has said he's the long-term answer. NOT ONE.

Anyone with an ounce of intelligence understands he's a stop gap until the youngsters come through over the next few years, so his role is to make us competitive.

Our coach has empathized non-stop the focus on defence for our team, and clearly Hutcho plays a massive part of that. No one can say any different.

As for attack. We scored 2 tries against Penrith. VAR ruled out another one. Plus we probably should've put on another one.

So this whole over the top drama about Hutcho singlehandedly destroying out attack is bullshit. It's simply not true.

Can we do better? Yes? But he's doing alright.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im a fan of Hutchison.
Wanted him as captain before a ball was kicked this season.

And although he was ok today, we really needed a half that took the ball deep into the line and played off the cuff footy.

Cant blame him as he was clearly playing to instructions of early ball to the edges. The message howrver should have gone out in that second half to throw caution to the wind and play at the line.

Panthers were defending well, they had us covered in line speed and had the benefit of a 14-0 lead.

Some out of the ordinary plays were needed and i feel Sexton or Taaffe could have provided these.

Ive said it before, Burto and Hutch can play to instructions and it can work against most teams who invariably make mistakes, but once you are matched, you need some x-factor and neither of these 2 have it.
Hutch works ok against the lesser teams. Whenever we have come up against the better sides his lack of X Factor to use as a term is clear as day. I’m not a hater on Hutch. I actually don’t mind him off the bench as a utility. However as a NRL starting halfback.

It has all the hallmarks of Perham at fullback last year. Like Perham last year. Hutch is good bloke and does a job without making many mistakes. We are not going to trouble many top teams with Hutch at 7. The writing is on the wall. That the change will happen however leaving it too long before the change is made to push for finals this year.

Ciro is unfortunately loyal to a fault.

Ewan McGrady

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Six points behind the undisputed champions after 80mins. I think Hutch has strong claims!

Reactions: J_B

shannon2009

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We can limit teams to 3 tries with our defence and stats show Hutchinson isn’t the reason for that. We do however struggle to score 3 against well drilled teams, Hutchinson IS a contributing factor to that. I’ve got no doubt that against Melbourne, Souths and panthers we put at least one more try on if sexton is our half. That turns those from L’s to W’s

Abdul..

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What's with all the hate on Hutch? Geez I agree that he isn't the best half but if through his game management he frees up Burton I'm all for him staying in the team until a genuine half comes along who is an upgrade on Sexton.

Hutchs defense is part of it to.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We can limit teams to 3 tries with our defence and stats show Hutchinson isn’t the reason for that. We do however struggle to score 3 against well drilled teams, Hutchinson IS a contributing factor to that. I’ve got no doubt that against Melbourne, Souths and panthers we put at least one more try on if sexton is our half. That turns those from L’s to W’s
Exactly this

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's with all the hate on Hutch? Geez I agree that he isn't the best half but if through his game management he frees up Burton I'm all for him staying in the team until a genuine half comes along who is an upgrade on Sexton.

Hutchs defense is part of it to.
The story of Hutch’s defence as the reason he is there is a myth. He missed 7 tackles last night. Averages over 4 missed tackles every week. That being said most halves defensive stats aren’t great but they makeup for is with their contribution in attack.

If Sexton, O’Neill of even Taaffe play 7 last night, against South’s and Melbourne. We score more points in those games. Question is is Hutch’s defence that much better than the above three that we stick with him? When he brings nothing to the points for column. Defence is important and is the reason as a team we are so much better this season. However if you cannot score points against quality opposition. We are just playing to make up the numbers.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We will have to be happy with the improvement we've seen so far and hope that this 7 issue works it's way into being resolved eventuality.

It's now very hard to criticise Ciro bc he has done so much for this team. We all know he wont be changing anything, or anyone, all that soon.

He is growing as a first grade coach himself with the team and its probably fair to say he is a conservative selector/bench rotation coach (at this time).

Posted a few weeks ago that he seems like he hasn't fully realised that the players have grown and improved under his coaching as much as they have and its now time for Phase 2 in his development of the team with better attacking options bc they have adapted to his defensive system so well.

It will happen when he thinks it's time. Not quick enough for us as we want to see them brilliantly execute both qualities a top team possesses but it will happen.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
We will have to be happy with the improvement we've seen so far and hope that this 7 issue works it's way into being resolved eventuality.

It's now very hard to criticise Ciro bc he has done so much for this team. We all know he wont be changing anything, or anyone, all that soon.

He is growing as a first grade coach himself with the team and its probably fair to say he is a conservative selector/bench rotation coach (at this time).

Posted a few weeks ago that he seems like he hasn't fully realised that the players have grown and improved under his coaching as much as they have and its now time for Phase 2 in his development of the team with better attacking options bc they have adapted to his defensive system so well.

It will happen when he thinks it's time. Not quick enough for us as we want to see them brilliantly execute both qualities a top team possesses but it will happen.
Given Gould was alluding to Jack Todd debuting soon (prior to broken arm), the ability from next week to select players from outside top 30 n development contracts and the fact that a defensive system seems to be working in all grades - a few changes might not be far way. Preston seemed tentative but Salmon seems ineffective attack wise on the edge. IMHO the side lacks balance - too many ball players and not enough direct runners of the ball but i get the philosophy of getting the defnec right first