Humble Pie

Malla

Reaction score
2020 was spent listening to the likes of Paul Kent and Fat Gus call bulldogs a basket case. Board room issues that would impact the club for many years to come. Even to the point both thought Baz made the wrong decision signing with us.

I wonder if they’ll eat their humble pie????

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
2020 was spent listening to the likes of Paul Kent and Fat Gus call bulldogs a basket case. Board room issues that would impact the club for many years to come. Even to the point both thought Baz made the wrong decision signing with us.

I wonder if they’ll eat their humble pie????
I mean, we still need to actually win a game first lol.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
Yeah, I remember them saying that no player would want to join a sinking ship and re-build unless you pay them overs. Look at the quality recruits we have signed so far, and more to come.
I don't think we payed overs for JAC to get him here. Yes a little over for cotric, but he can be anything. The young halves definitely not overs but what's reportered. So we done well.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They are narrow minded twits... even the Roosters finished last not that long ago and won the competition the following year. One thing is for sure, you can’t knock a big club like the Bulldogs, who Gus himself admitted was the biggest club in Sydney, down for too long. A matter of time until we got ourselves out of the mess Hasler left us.

We are back!!

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Let’s be honest this time last year things weren’t looking that great.

Without the changes to the board and coach there’s no way we see this type of recruitment.

Yes Kent and Gould are big mouths who love drama but they were echoing what some supporters were worried about too.

Pappydog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Let’s be honest this time last year things weren’t looking that great.

Without the changes to the board and coach there’s no way we see this type of recruitment.

Yes Kent and Gould are big mouths who love drama but they were echoing what some supporters were worried about too.
Correct. You have to call it as it is. Gus and **** were saying these things when we were still in a Civil War

Malla

Reaction score
I don't think we payed overs for JAC to get him here. Yes a little over for cotric, but he can be anything. The young halves definitely not overs but what's reportered. So we done well.
Cotric was bought over under the old regime, we slightly payed overs but if he can produce on the field and become one of the best centres in the comp then it’s money well spent

Dogs2004

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Correct. You have to call it as it is. Gus and c*** were saying these things when we were still in a Civil War
gus is trying to make the warriors an attractive option...

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Cotric was bought over under the old regime, we slightly payed overs but if he can produce on the field and become one of the best centres in the comp then it’s money well spent
So did we pay more for Cotric than JAC? If so that's just crazy.. I like Cotric and think he's a great player, but in no universe he is worth more than JAC..

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We will
But they made it be known that nobody wanted to come to the bulldogs, that we couldn’t sign anyone, that we had no idea what we were doing with the money, that Baz should not come over here etc
True. Anyway everything's all exciting now and looks good, let's just hope a few guys get here early and we can rack up some early wins.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
All the news to date has been positive,to early to call whether they are right or wrong,but the less we listen and read about these 2 and rothfield and his news limited assholes the better we will be.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think most would agree Lynne stepping down was a good thing so that threatened EGM did actually work. Coorey going too, maybe even Dunn. The club seems a lot more stable now and we don't hear anything about infighting. I think Pay was a well below average coach but we have to feel sorry for him. He wasn't really supported by management. The majority of players he wanted we failed to get for him while he was in his role. He must be spewing now when he sees Barrett getting players like JAC. I wouldn't be surprised if he never turns up to a Dogs function ever again.