Human Nature have butchered Motown

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Has anyone else heard or seen the video clips of Human Nature and their tribute to Motown??

What a complete joke! How ridiculous do they look in those stupid matching suits and how gay do they look doing those stupid dance moves.

They should make it illegal for white men to sing black people's songs. It brings tears to my eyes!

For those game enough:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6RCWHqq_C0

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
yes!!!! they try 2 be the J5!!!

pfffft!!! whatever losers.

Bry

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant stand the poofs, but my mum loves them. I bought her their gay DVD for mothers day.

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
I cant stand them either, even though i like motown songs

They are reducing themselves from a serious music group to a karaoke parade IMO

latina

candy girl
Reaction score
they killed Uptight by Stevie Wonder no one can beat the original I am sorry... and their dance mooves are not much to be desired but they have made a killing from the older folks loving their takes on the motown classics

M

MrCharisma

I didn't mind their MoTown tracks... they might not be the best artists but they did the genre no harm.

Well done Human Nature for trying something different and not butchering it.

M

MikeyP..

i hate em, they did the whole poppy, gay boy band thing and now they are singin mowtown....FFS they dont suite motown, they are just wannabes that just want a quick and easy way to get peoplez money>:(

M

MrCharisma

i hate em, they did the whole poppy, gay boy band thing and now they are singin mowtown....FFS they dont suite motown, they are just wannabes that just want a quick and easy way to get peoplez money>:(
I'd actually disagree

They are singers and yes they were previously a pop/boy band fabricated by the media looking for a cheap dollar, they've continued to stay together despite Australians not taking too them AND continue to grow as performers by re-living a dying art in the form of MoTown. Which, is a warm welcome from all the try hard gangsters and emotional whingers!

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd actually disagree

They are singers and yes they were previously a pop/boy band fabricated by the media looking for a cheap dollar, they've continued to stay together despite Australians not taking too them AND continue to grow as performers by re-living a dying art in the form of MoTown. Which, is a warm welcome from all the try hard gangsters and emotional whingers!
There is a reason why Australians do not take to them.

They are not re-living a dying art in the form of Motown, they are destroying a great style of music that were pioneered by some of the greatest R&B, Hip Hop and Soul singers/artists of all time.

The version of "Dancing in the Street" does not do justice to Martha and the Vandellas.

If you are going to do a cover, make sure you do it justice. In both of their crappy albums, they clearly do not.

It's a cheap attempt for quick $$$

M

MrCharisma

There is a reason why Australians do not take to them.

They are not re-living a dying art in the form of Motown, they are destroying a great style of music that were pioneered by some of the greatest R&B, Hip Hop and Soul singers/artists of all time.

The version of "Dancing in the Street" does not do justice to Martha and the Vandellas.

If you are going to do a cover, make sure you do it justice. In both of their crappy albums, they clearly do not.

It's a cheap attempt for quick $$$
How many covers really do justice in the first place?

The Offspring and "Total Immortal" played by A.F.I
Machinehead and "Message In A Bottle" played by the Police

There are a million covers and you'll be hard pressed to pick a handful which are better then the originals.

Fair call they aren't doing justice to Martha and the Vandellas but what new Mo Town has come out that has done justice?

Hell I bet you now, alot of RnB fans will tell you that the RnB of today is nothing like the old school.

I'll tell you now, new Rock like Evanescene has nothing on the old boys like The Smashing Pumpkins and Nirvana... and even then, the older generation will tell me The Doors and Jimmy Hendrix ruled them... etc

I don't think they've done anything bad

TCB-BD

CBBD FTW!
Reaction score
Have to agree with Mr C here.. they've done nothing to destroy Motown... they did a credible job covering it, well as much as a cover can.

In addition they got their fans hooked onto Motown music and these people of the younger generation will actually now find out about the greats of the old school music.. and the originals can live on for a while yet... I'd be thanking HM rather than lambasting them.

M

MikeyP..

Hell I bet you now, alot of RnB fans will tell you that the RnB of today is nothing like the old school. ...
I can say the same for Human Nature's attempt on "reliving" the motown spirit, they destroyed Motown by singing classic Motown songs and producing albums for money $$$$$$$.

It is a "Get rich, quick and easy" scheme...

M

MrCharisma

I can say the same for Human Nature's attempt on "reliving" the motown spirit, they destroyed Motown by singing classic Motown songs and producing albums for money $$$$$$$.

It is a "Get rich, quick and easy" scheme...
So what music do you like champion? My first guess is rap.

While I wait for your music of choice, I'll mention this. Your avatar as you know, is the logo for Pharell Williams. Yes?

Didn't he start in a rock/rap band called N.E.R.D? Where are they now? Why did he drop em and go solo? More money playa! He was getting a strong following in N.E.R.D and having chat topping records and singles yet as a solo artist, he sold out for the "$$$$$$$"

How can you call Human Nature in it for the money. They've been around for over 10 years, playing at ****ty RSL clubs. They aren't headlining Big Day Out, they aren't charging $90+ for concert tickets, I'm not seeing shameless music video clips with attractive girls in skimpy outfits.

I'm finding it hard to find where they are selling out for the paper.

** EDIT**
I just re-looked at the avatar and noticed it isn't the Pharell image. I apologise but still it raises the point on hand though.

PantherPower83

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This discussion has gone off on a tangent. My point is that this Human Nature attempt to cover Motown songs is a joke.

It would be interesting to see how many R&B lovers would actually buy/download this album and say yes it's a great cover.

Being an R&B fan (one of many genre's), I am the least bit impressed.

M

MikeyP..

So what music do you like champion? My first guess is rap.

While I wait for your music of choice, I'll mention this. Your avatar as you know, is the logo for Pharell Williams. Yes?

Didn't he start in a rock/rap band called N.E.R.D? Where are they now? Why did he drop em and go solo? More money playa! He was getting a strong following in N.E.R.D and having chat topping records and singles yet as a solo artist, he sold out for the "$$$$$$$"

How can you call Human Nature in it for the money. They've been around for over 10 years, playing at ****ty RSL clubs. They aren't headlining Big Day Out, they aren't charging $90+ for concert tickets, I'm not seeing shameless music video clips with attractive girls in skimpy outfits.

I'm finding it hard to find where they are selling out for the paper.

** EDIT**
I just re-looked at the avatar and noticed it isn't the Pharell image. I apologise but still it raises the point on hand though.
My Music Choice is Rap and Hip hop, but not the usual 50Cent and **** like that, i prefer lyricall rappers like Talib Kweli, Common, Nas, Mos Def and so on. They are not mainstream artists like Snoop or Mims. They Actually spend time in writing there lyrics that have meaning.

As for my avatar, it was BASED on pharrell, but i stole the template and made it my own using photoshop.

i agree with u on the whole N.E.R.D thing.

May i say, Human nature are Sell outs. SOME of the group members have appeared on shows like "it takes two" and "dancing with the stars". Now why would they do that? For the money of course.

and the only reason why they perform at ****TY R.S.L clubs is cause there target market are old people and that noone would want them singing "i want you back" at the big day out. May i mention that they are doing a concert thing around AUS, why would they do a concert around australia for? FOR MONEY OF COURSE..

So if u are thinking that Human Nature are great performers and are not doing it for the money, well i have to disagree with you.

latina

candy girl
Reaction score
My Music Choice is Rap and Hip hop, but not the usual 50Cent and **** like that, i prefer lyricall rappers like Talib Kweli, Common, Nas, Mos Def and so on. They are not mainstream artists like Snoop or Mims. They Actually spend time in writing there lyrics that have meaning.
I love Talib and Nas how bout Lupe Fiasco? Immortal Technique? I am totally off topic but hey I am over people arguing about Human Nature lol

M

MikeyP..

I love Talib and Nas how bout Lupe Fiasco? Immortal Technique? I am totally off topic but hey I am over people arguing about Human Nature lol
Lupe is hekktik, cant wait til his new album comes out...:D and for Immortal Technique, havent heard of them..but i will chek em out ..:D

Status
Not open for further replies.