Hull Replace Maiava With Cusack

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MrCharisma

Hull have sacked Samoan prop Hutch Maiava and have obtained a replacement in South Sydney forward Peter Cusack.

Maiava, who recently helped Samoa clinch the 10th and last place in the 2008 World Cup, has been released from the final year of his two-year contract with the Super League club for "gross misconduct".

The 31-year-old former Cronulla forward was sacked with immediate effect after being involved in two disciplinary procedures resulting from "off-the-field" incidents in the last five months.

Chief executive James Rule told today's Hull Daily Mail: "Naturally when looking at any disciplinary issue you have to be very thorough and careful, ensuring you have all the facts.

"We have done this, but I don't think it would be fair to comment on the specific incidents. We decided Hutch's actions constituted gross misconduct.

"After an internal investigation and disciplinary process, it was decided to terminate his contract with immediate effect. But, yes it was a difficult decision."

Maiava made 22 appearances for Hull this year, all of them off the bench.

His replacement will be 30-year-old Cusack, who has been released from the final year of his contract with the Rabbitohs and has agreed a two-year deal with Hull.

Rabbitohs director of football Shane Richardson, a former Hull chief executive, said his club was happy for Cusack to pursue his new opportunity.

"This is reflective of the new culture we are building at the Rabbitohs, working with our players to achieve what is best for them and the club," said Richardson.

"We were happy for Peter to stay with us for another year but we are also happy for him to be able to shore up his future and finish his career in England.

"Peter has been a fantastic leader for us, a committed club man - and we wish him and his family the best of luck for the future."

Cusack made 168 first grade appearances over the past 10 seasons, including all 73 of the Rabbitohs' games over the past three years.

He also captained the Rabbitohs for the past two seasons and won the NRL Premiership with the Sydney Roosters in 2002.

Cusack said: "I'm really happy with how this has all worked out and I'm thankful that the Rabbitohs have allowed me to negotiate a new contract.

"My time at the Rabbitohs has been wonderful, being part of the team that made the finals for the first time in 18 years - and I know this club will only get stronger in the next few seasons."

Sporting Life

Hammer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wonder what he did, I always liked Hutch

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Hutch was always sh*t house, guy couldnt tackle to save himself

PineappleBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Rabbitohs director of football Shane Richardson, a former Hull chief executive, said his club was happy for Cusack to pursue his new opportunity.

"This is reflective of the new culture we are building at the Rabbitohs, working with our players to achieve what is best for them and the club," said Richardson.
I think Joe Galuvao would agree?

CRAZY BULLDOG FAN

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
would anybody else think that he would be a good signing for da dogs in 2008 dogs need some size up front y not sign hutch his not all dat bad is he i didnt think he was would love to see him in da blue and white again

MP4 - Eedz

C.O.T.B
Reaction score
We should sign him for some depth TBH

year contract, it wont hurt our 09 season and he'll come cheap

Why not ???

richie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
we tried to get adam peek back just a couple days ago
so we are after a prop
guess it depends what he did
he would be good for 2008 for depth

Toey .H.C.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
hutch is about as good as charlie tonga.. and wasn't charlie tonga a carve up? LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.