How will our beloved club fare in 2024.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For the last few years I and others have been looking forward to next year, I'm not so sure that all of us are now looking forward to "next year." any more.
Of the few potential No'7 at our club I'm confident that 1 will be serviceable, our bigest weekness is our middle forwards, but their is not much available.
If we going as bad in 24 as we have been in 23, C C will have to be replaced, (once a coach losses the dressing room he has to go). I believe that if C C goes Gus is likely to have to go as well.
Lets face it, there is very few experienced coaches with a reasonable CV available.
My preference would be Marge.
THOUGHTS
Yeah Marge from the Simpsons and Homer assistant

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
This year was way over hyped that was part of the problem made our fall seem worse. Next year everyone is expecting the worst so May do ok. Sign a handfull of middles and we have the talent to do alright.

Lost Dog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Same game plan same results unfortunately. It is too predictable nmo.

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I think the biggest mistake ppl made is thinking the average bulldogg fan cared that flanno has a drug cheat wrap.
The Evil News Ltd are lurking...
No matter what we do they are out there waiting for a mistake to happen or even start rumours to destabilize our rebuild.
There was no coach available with a complete resume and no baggage,
CC is regarded as one of the brightest ever young coaches, all clubs needed a coach were after him.
If I was in charge of making the decision...I would have done the same !!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
TAAFFE baby, bring on 24. Already waiting for round 1 when he pulls the jersey on an runs out. Guna be the first highlight for me. And when he scores in his first game for us. An apparent nsw cup fringe player haha. Think a lot of you whom don’t believe will change your opinion pretty quickly.

CC still way out of his depth and it will be another tough year apart from the above.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This year was way over hyped that was part of the problem made our fall seem worse. Next year everyone is expecting the worst so May do ok. Sign a handfull of middles and we have the talent to do alright.
100% it was over hyped. The club did plenty of PR shit during pre season and the trials that it was going to be a bumper season. Yet somehow Gould's supporters are spinning that he was very clear about it being a total write off before the season even kicked off.

He was very overly optimistic in his media, he's only turned full negative since the Knights flogging

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Offload these guys and NOBODY would come to the Club.
CC will have a much better year next year. So too will the squad. We are putting together the position players we need to recruit. Patience.
Manage expectations better. Rejoice in wins, commiserate in losses. The team will put in next year. This year is an aberration.
Eternal optimism

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The Evil News Ltd are lurking...
No matter what we do they are out there waiting for a mistake to happen or even start rumours to destabilize our rebuild.
There was no coach available with a complete resume and no baggage,
CC is regarded as one of the brightest ever young coaches, all clubs needed a coach were after him.
If I was in charge of making the decision...I would have done the same !!!
Being regarded doesn't mean shit. He'd never been in the pressure cooker to date

Panthers are doing perfectly without him despite them also losing a couple of good players

D- voice

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Being regarded doesn't mean shit. He'd never been in the pressure cooker to date

Panthers are doing perfectly without him despite them also losing a couple of good players
If CC isn't or wasn't the answer who was you candidate ?
Penrith built their roster on Gould's vision " pathways " and are reaping the rewards now.

Geoff Chambers

Kennel Established
Reaction score
If CC isn't or wasn't the answer who was you candidate ?
Penrith built their roster on Gould's vision " pathways " and are reaping the rewards now.
Not gonna enter intothat hindsight crap it's too late. There were others who said publicly they wanted the position who had runs on the board.

Gould wanting someone he could control without any push back was my opinion when he replaced a panthers assistant with another panthers assistant on a juicy 5 year contract.

Only thing that adds up to me.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
For the last few years I and others have been looking forward to next year, I'm not so sure that all of us are now looking forward to "next year." any more.
Of the few potential No'7 at our club I'm confident that 1 will be serviceable, our bigest weekness is our middle forwards, but their is not much available.
If we going as bad in 24 as we have been in 23, C C will have to be replaced, (once a coach losses the dressing room he has to go). I believe that if C C goes Gus is likely to have to go as well.
Lets face it, there is very few experienced coaches with a reasonable CV available.
My preference would be Marge.
THOUGHTS
If they are bitching about the training load under CC they would shit the bed under Madge

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'll give CC till round 5 with a full-health squad, If we play the same rubbish then I'll call for his head and hope Potter gets the nod because we were playing better under him last year.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cameron ain’t going anywhere. Get rid of the Barrett garbage signings and all the other fuckers who don’t want to be here. Give him a couple of years at least. Besides, who do we replace him with?
Potter?

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Not gonna enter intothat hindsight crap it's too late. There were others who said publicly they wanted the position who had runs on the board.

Gould wanting someone he could control without any push back was my opinion when he replaced a panthers assistant with another panthers assistant on a juicy 5 year contract.

Only thing that adds up to me.
So in other words you can’t answer the question.

Glenn L

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Probably too late for next year but we need new halves in 2025!
I love how everyone is just so resigned to the mediocrity of the club that we can just write off year after year. This is not OK. Tomorrow just never comes for this club.

Last edited:

CBDoggies

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I love how everyone is just so resigned to mediocrity of the club that we can just write off year after year. This is not OK. Tomorrow just never comes for this club.
It’s beyond a joke how many so called fans are sheep to the bs that keeps getting told by gus and co from the club…. I said it when we first signed gus.. his words were it’s gona take time bla bla bla… but yet we get worse every week. The time he has been here we have gotten worse and not just a little but a lot. We have broken records this year with our defence efforts and signed backs only for next year. We are going to get pumped by 40+ every week next year and suffer the biggest embarrassment the club has seen if we don’t sign any decent froth rowers and halves. But hey there’s always 2025, 2026 bla bla bla…. Keep saying rebuild till the fluke a season and make the 8.