How to start a Kennel debate...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Look, I've come across bucketloads of gay people in my time through work etc., and have spoken to many at length. It seems very common that boyfriend and boyfriend for example will live together, although willingly go out and sleep with other guys on a regular basis. Both partners will know about it, but don't necessarily mind. Very open relationships, where they just sleep with whoever they want and don't care, as long as they have someone to come home to every night.

Example One:

Slippery: So "Bob", how many guys have you slept with approximately? (Yes I did ask this LOL)
"Bob": Around 5 or 6 hundred, but I don't count.
Slippery: Does your boyfriend know?
"Bob": He's the same. We get with other guys all the time.

Example Two:

Slippery: What are you getting up to tonight "Sam"?
"Sam": Go out, get knackered, and get with some random hotty.
Slippery: Haha. What about "Peter"?
"Sam": I'll bring him along for the ride!

These are dead-set real scenarios, and I have plenty more.

This is my issue with it. By allowing same-sex marriage, it'll absolutely pound the sanctity of marriage to an even greater and disgusting extent. Living together is enough. Marriage is a sacred bond - not a ring on the finger.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
^Bingo! Although you're intelligent enough to know there would still be many monogamous couples. The same open relationships can be experienced with heteros.

Actually I wish I could forbid some straight male/female couples from marrying. It annoys me how people now take it so casually with the idea " there's always divorce". Especially when the union was under the house of God.
Completely ruining the idea 'til death'. People quit on each other way too easily- and treat the person they are with like crap. That's not marriage

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
^Bingo! Although you're intelligent enough to know there would still be many monogamous couples. The same open relationships can be experienced with heteros.

Actually I wish I could forbid some straight male/female couples from marrying. It annoys me how people now take it so casually with the idea " there's always divorce". Especially when the union was under the house of God.
Completely ruining the idea 'til death'. People quit on each other way too easily- and treat the person they are with like crap. That's not marriage
Of course. And there were a few that I knew of, and they were great people. Unfortunately in my experiences, the bad vastly outshadowed the good.

We're at a time now that plenty of people just see marriage as "the logical thing to do". I was at a wedding not long ago, and was speaking to the groom. He said these exact words to me - "it's a business decision dude, that's all it is". In my head I was like ARE YOU F*CKING KIDDING ME?! If I wasn't at his wedding, I would definitely have pulled him into line.

People keep asking me all the time when I'm getting married, for example. Been with my girl for almost 6 years. They ask as if it doesn't mean much. "So when are you getting married?"...Um, when it feels right? I'm not just gonna propose for the sake of it.

It's the most important and special decision of your life. Treat it as such.

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you.

Im a romatic and traditional girl- I believe in the true love marriage.
However let me throw this point up- think back to yester year . Quite often marriage was a business decision between an arranged couple, or family friends, or for caste/monetary reasons, or within a few months so they could have sex as an unmarried woman was not highhly regarded. They only difference between now and then is people these days don't take it seriously or bust their balls to make it work as we have a get-out-of-gaol-free card. Not much has changed!

-Kurry-

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with you.

Im a romatic and traditional girl- I believe in the true love marriage.
However let me throw this point up- think back to yester year . Quite often marriage was a business decision between an arranged couple, or family friends, or for caste/monetary reasons, or within a few months so they could have sex as an unmarried woman was not highhly regarded. They only difference between now and then is people these days don't take it seriously or bust their balls to make it work as we have a get-out-of-gaol-free card. Not much has changed!

Status
Not open for further replies.