News How The Rebuild At Canterbury’s Junior Pathways Will Return The Bulldogs To Its Glory Days

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Looks like we have a bright future ahead.

But for now our 2024 squad needs our halves to improve and we need to buy some strong forwards. Too have any chance of the top 8 spot,
2024 is looking like another hard season for us, with a few disappointing games, like 2023 if we lose players to injury.
This might be the last season that we have to watch the Dogs get flogged by teams.

No doubt we'll have the same as every other year, where we play all the top eight sides twice, starting with the top four in succession, lose two home games interstate, and have a couple of players stand down for SOO duties, where they won't get a run.

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think no matter what, they need to give this a real opportunity to let this play out.
Yes, the article is optimistic and certainly have given me hope but the modern day game is so results driven, which is important, don’t get me wrong, but does not allow long term strategies to play out. Eg sack the coach which never works out.
Then again, we are entitled to see some improvement in 2024 and FFS the base is dead set rock bottom.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Good to hear from our NZ supporters.
The big team from Auckland, was Counties Manukau at the Nationals. They were supposed to be one of the Favorites. They had a lot of kids signed with NRL clubs. Aj Balchin (signed for us) was in that team. Anyway they all played absolute shit and didn't even make the semis lol

The Christchurch team was head and shoulders above any team at the comp. My boys team played them and they were way too good.

As I said I really hope we've got a few of those kids signed up.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
The big team from Auckland, was Counties Manukau at the Nationals. They were supposed to be one of the Favorites. They had a lot of kids signed with NRL clubs. Aj Balchin (signed for us) was in that team. Anyway they all played absolute shit and didn't even make the semis lol

The Christchurch team was head and shoulders above any team at the comp. My boys team played them and they were way too good.

As I said I really hope we've got a few of those kids signed up.
Send Gus a tweet on X lol

Bulldogsforlife23

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I hope we've signed a kid named Bishop. He was playing up a grade and I an absolute beast. 15, 6 foot plus played in the school St Thomas team and didn't look out of place against 18 year olds.
What makes u think we’ve signed him

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Gus will probably block you if you have some intelligent feedback re young players...
Lol, he has been talking about and repairing our pathways and development since he started, I doubt he needs any feedback