How the Parra saga affects Dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Drop Bear

Much Loved Eels Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seriously, a club like Parramatta should be run by top shelf administration. 2nd Largest CBD in NSW and almost nothing to show for it. Sharp and co...seriously.
Your fans should be demanding resignation. Rally outside your club and call for change.
For the 50 years I've supported the team, I stayed away from the politics. On here, I have defended the process, but never the board. I don't know if this is a case where they found themselves out of their depth and were too scared to admit it, or whether it's straight out lies and criminal behaviour ( In My Opinion of course). Either way, fuck em!! I just want this shit fixed and back to a level playing field.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
getting rid of Watmough wont do much at all because the NRL players are 7 months in to their financial year meaning he has already been paid over half his contract for this season (players stated on NRL360 they have been paid for 7 months already)......Im also assuming his total contract value wouldn't be listed under the salary cap with a good chunk made up in TPA's

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah I called, left my number then they called me back within an hour
I might call one day, I'll give everyone the heads up and I'll use skippy as my name,
So do they ask you for your real name? Or are they just happy with your user name,
I called up years and years ago when Graham was on Saturday mornings, may have been around the time we lost our points, I recall I could hardly hear them. Was such a bad volume from their end,

The Greatest

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I might call one day, I'll give everyone the heads up and I'll use skippy as my name,
So do they ask you for your real name? Or are they just happy with your user name,
I called up years and years ago when Graham was on Saturday mornings, may have been around the time we lost our points, I recall I could hardly hear them. Was such a bad volume from their end,
No they are happy with your user name.. They don't ask for your name..

Give us the heads up, and we'll listen

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

I always think of smart stuff to say when ever I listen to any talk back radio, but if I ever call, It never goes how I expect it, lol.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
For the 50 years I've supported the team, I stayed away from the politics. On here, I have defended the process, but never the board. I don't know if this is a case where they found themselves out of their depth and were too scared to admit it, or whether it's straight out lies and criminal behaviour ( In My Opinion of course). Either way, fuck em!! I just want this shit fixed and back to a level playing field.
As long as your loyal to the club and not the crap. Good luck bud.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah good points but like I read we should have beaten them at least one of the times.

But we gain a spot on the ladder and plus I'm sure the bulldogs would have mentioned this to the NRL. Don't be surprised if we get some bullshit calls going our way in the coming weeks which should help make up the difference.

Last edited:

silva

Utility
Reaction score
The parra situation is different to dogs and storm. We actually developed most of the players we were paying, as did the storm. The heart of the eels team was bought this year. Foran and Beau Scott are probably their 2 most valuable players. They won't come back and win a title imo.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

If we here a bloke with an indian accent call every day say "des is a very very bad man " ill take a wild stab at who it may be

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If we here a bloke with an indian accent call every day say "des is a very very bad man " ill take a wild stab at who it may be
Lol,
Gee it would be hard to pick haha,

You better not ring,
There is no beep
Just a 7 second delay,
Just long enough to hang up and move on lol,

Jackson.CT

Kennel Participant
Gilded
Reaction score
Without stating the obvious which is the Eels were somehow allowed to kick off season 2016 circa 600k over the cap.

Closer to the kennel this illegal squad beat us twice in 5 weeks.

illegally.

Not only half our current losses are due to the Eels but like OtaraDog stated it affects our F&A as well seeing they avg 20 ppg v us

The fallout over the last loss is huge with fans turning in memberships probably decrease in dogs merchandise, less fans at next home game, player unrest, coach in strife, bewildered former greats etc

Raelene should be asking NRL to explain as due to their professional negligence prior to the season with incorrect auditing the club has or will lose money (fans)

rant over
At the game on sunday should make some sort of protest against this

Harby

Trance Family
Reaction score
It sucks that Greenturd is so soft. He doesn't want to replicate the heart ache that Storm fans went through and wants Eels fans to still have hope (what a load of shit).

Spoon is right though, we should have won last week. The team they fielded wasn't over the cap.

Let's just hope there is some justice and they lose a key player like Norman. Losing just Watmough will absolutely send me mental.
The team they fielded was over the cap. Just because the team they fielded would it self be over the cap, they have been able to sign players that they otherwise would not have been able to sign, including for depth. So who replaces Foran and Watmough and other injured players? Depth players

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I Love Tunksy on 2sm he always makes me laugh ... especially when he bags the dragons LOL
Yeah She-rex is one of his favs too.. Along with Tolman .. Actually I think he hates Tolman more than She Rex

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Some parra idiot is proposing every time the eels score that a player covers their nrl patch as a protest lol i know the nrl is fucked but parra aint no victims
I did that last year as a protest; they have taken my idea. Get your own, lol.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Without stating the obvious which is the Eels were somehow allowed to kick off season 2016 circa 600k over the cap.

Closer to the kennel this illegal squad beat us twice in 5 weeks.

illegally.

Not only half our current losses are due to the Eels but like OtaraDog stated it affects our F&A as well seeing they avg 20 ppg v us

The fallout over the last loss is huge with fans turning in memberships probably decrease in dogs merchandise, less fans at next home game, player unrest, coach in strife, bewildered former greats etc

Raelene should be asking NRL to explain as due to their professional negligence prior to the season with incorrect auditing the club has or will lose money (fans)

rant over
Without Foran last week, they were actually under the salary cap. We were on the other hand pretty much disgraceful. Easy to read in attack, dismal kicking game and let in some pretty easy tries.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Without Foran last week, they were actually under the salary cap. We were on the other hand pretty much disgraceful. Easy to read in attack, dismal kicking game and let in some pretty easy tries.
I agree with the second and third comment, but I beg to differ on the first. Unless the guy is paid $570k per game they would still have been over. One game missed does not $570k make.

Status
Not open for further replies.