Opinion How quick is Meaney

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Looked great in the open space that he sort of accidentally found himself in. Problem is he can't seem to find open space very often. He lacks immediate acceleration and is pretty easy to take down once someone gets their hands on him. I think he's got improvement in him but he hasn't shown much yet. I can't see him getting much bigger so he needs to be a lot quicker in his first 4 or 5 steps and through the line.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Hes many quick

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
problem with being quick is you're always hitting the defence quicker - needs to work a jink or step into his running and ask those questions of the defence and he may come through the otherside and then put on the afterburners.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Looked great in the open space that he sort of accidentally found himself in. Problem is he can't seem to find open space very often. He lacks immediate acceleration and is pretty easy to take down once someone gets their hands on him. I think he's got improvement in him but he hasn't shown much yet. I can't see him getting much bigger so he needs to be a lot quicker in his first 4 or 5 steps and through the line.
I think he doesnt get the ball when he is in space enough. I guess part of our issue is with 2 rookie halves and a rookie hooker, they are still learning how to read the game. When you can read the game well, you are more likely to see when someone is in space, and get it to them. Cook is great at that these days.

Last edited:

Aristidiz

Bullwog
Reaction score
That’s probably why we don’t see him making so many breaks
Yeah in this sense he is like the anti-tedesco, Tedesco has the raw speed but more importantly has the speed in his change of direction, and at same time an explosiveness through the line. This is why I'm still not high on Meaney, you either have those traits or you don't. He has some growing to do so maybe some muscle growth in the right areas will help

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Meaney isn't aggressive enough. Looks like he is attending a picnic most games. Improved a bit last week tho. He shouldn't be learning how to play the wing position in fg. Crazy decision from Pay to look after a favourite.

Big M

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Reaction score
Meaney isn't aggressive enough. Looks like he is attending a picnic most games. Improved a bit last week tho. He shouldn't be learning how to play the wing position in fg. Crazy decision from Pay to look after a favourite.
At 350k a season Pay has to play him otherwise he looks like a dope for signing him

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
At 350k a season Pay has to play him otherwise he looks like a dope for signing him
$350k a season after he had played 5 games for the knights? Geeeez

gazza

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Personally I would have Okunbor at centre and leave the speedsters like Meaney on the wing.

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think he doesnt get the ball when he is in space enough. I guess part of our issue is with 2 rookie halves and a rookie hooker, they are still learning how to read the game. When you can read the game well, you are more likely to see when someone is in space, and get it to them. Cook is great at that these days.
Reliable Reimis Smith gets the ball in space

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Doubt it if you like but am extremely sure he is
I'm extremely sure the Loch Ness Monster has 14 testicles. The reason old Nessy hardly ever gets seen is because he's busy rubbing them to keep them warm. Problem is that I have never seen Nessy. And unless you have seen the contract that Meaney is on you being extremely sure about Meaneys salary is just as much of a guess as my opinion about Nessy having 14 balls.

The moral of the story here is that it's useless to speculate about things we can't prove. And people don't have to give any respect to theories that come without a shred of evidence.