How much should we pay for Burton ?

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree with that. $500K is reasonable. When it comes to spine positions sometimes you have to pay overs. Just imagine if we had paid Grant that extra $50K and signed him....

If the mail is to be believed then apparently Burton has already agreed to terms. I can't imagine he's not happy with $400K when he'd be on minimum wage at Penrith. If he's hesitating it would probably be because he doesn't want to leave Penrith. I agree with the deadline though. If he hasn't made a decision put a deadline on it.

D-Voice has hinted we will get some good news "soon" so hopefully there will be an announcement in the next couple of weeks.
There's obviously a snag somewhere or his manager is stalling in order to attract other interest. Penrith wouldn't match $400k but other clubs would. St G, Cronulla and Tigers are interested in Burton so he will go to highest bidder. All of these could afford his @ $400k from 2022. Mbye, Reynolds, Hunt, Moylan all off contract 2022 so lots of others interested. If go $450pa x 4 years.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
I just don’t want us paying overs for a Josh Cleeland type. I just hope that he is the real deal. Haven’t seen much of him at all. If he is the shit then 500k a season is peanuts. We have had some major failures in the halves. Wakeham, Lewis and Cogger. All capable reserve graders but haven’t kicked on in any way in first grade.

Further we need to be looking outside the box for a very good hooker. These guys are in demand. Forget about about Brandon Smith and Harry Grant we missed the boat big time with these guys. They are $1 million plus type players with many clubs prepared to pay overs for a 10 year player.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I just don’t want us paying overs for a Josh Cleeland type. I just hope that he is the real deal. Haven’t seen much of him at all. If he is the shit then 500k a season is peanuts. We have had some major failures in the halves. Wakeham, Lewis and Cogger. All capable reserve graders but haven’t kicked on in any way in first grade.

Further we need to be looking outside the box for a very good hooker. These guys are in demand. Forget about about Brandon Smith and Harry Grant we missed the boat big time with these guys. They are $1 million plus type players with many clubs prepared to pay overs for a 10 year player.
Josh cleveland was half decent deserved a debut over lewis

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
If he is plan b, I’d hate to think what plans c&d were . . . Trying to get Mortimer and lamb fit in the offseason I suspect

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The offer we put to him is fair, there is talk i presume between the club and him it’s a good offer snd a ideal position put to him I guess it’s up to him to decide if he wants to play for us and if so penrith won’t release him guaranteed 22 is a better time frame

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I think 500k is the minimum number. The kid is a big talent with options, and we are not the most attractive club ATM, boardroom blood shed, just missed wooden spoon, rookie coach and CEO.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Seems the majority pretty much agree we should stretch the offer to 500K a season (with timeline) to get the deal done NOW. I hope the club is listening. The Warriors are preparing a big offer for Jahrome Hughes. If the Storm lose him they will be pursuing Burton also big time. The longer he remains unsigned the more it's going to cost us.

DogsOfWar1704

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Seems the majority pretty much agree we should stretch the offer to 500K a season (with timeline) to get the deal done NOW. I hope the club is listening. The Warriors are preparing a big offer for Jahrome Hughes. If the Storm lose him they will be pursuing Burton also big time. The longer he remains unsigned the more it's going to cost us.
Nek minet