How much should we pay for Burton ?

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
3 years @ $400,000.40c per year with representative and premiership bonus's and 1st shot at playing 6.

P.S and an Arthur card..

Shnissss

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Roosters don't cheat, they just gift their players extras in CASH & CARS.
Politis owns many car dealerships. He doesn’t even need to gift the car. He just gives them a loaner for an indefinite period of time.

SBW definitely didn’t need to stop into Hertz to pickup his Bentley when he came back for the roosters stint! Nothing the NRL can or will do about it

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Id be happy to go as high as 600k, he a player of the future and worth the coin.
Maybe u r right and he is a player of the future,but at the moment he has played 5 first grade games,hasn’t been tested,the offer is based on potential,happy the club is standing firm.

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Politis owns many car dealerships. He doesn’t even need to gift the car. He just gives them a loaner for an indefinite period of time.

SBW definitely didn’t need to stop into Hertz to pickup his Bentley when he came back for the roosters stint! Nothing the NRL can or will do about it
CORRECT!!!

Natboy

Banned
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
It’s impossible without knowing who is on what and what we have left in the cap. We also don’t want a Des situation again

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s impossible without knowing who is on what and what we have left in the cap. We also don’t want a Des situation again
This is correct. We don’t need to make the same mistakes that were made to get us into the mess we are in.

If Foran was on $1.2million we have replaced that with Flanagan, hopefully Burton and another outside back. All for about Forans money.

I think with Burton it’s more his relationship with Barrett and an understanding that the 6 is his more than money. Paying Burton some overs at the same time giving a deadline to sign. I think is the way to go.

Then work on an early switch for next year.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
This is correct. We don’t need to make the same mistakes that were made to get us into the mess we are in.

If Foran was on $1.2million we have replaced that with Flanagan, hopefully Burton and another outside back. All for about Forans money.

I think with Burton it’s more his relationship with Barrett and an understanding that the 6 is his more than money. Paying Burton some overs at the same time giving a deadline to sign. I think is the way to go.

Then work on an early switch for next year.
We're not heavily back ending contracts or playing to a higher salary cap that currently exists. I see people say what you have a lot and I just don't see how it's the same mistakes? We have to pay top dollar to get players that are in high demand due to the position we're in which is usually top players and/or promising players. Foran was injury prone (a fit Foran for the season is worth 1m) and never should of been on a 1m flat rate, but we also couldn't of been the only club offering that sort of money (it was also easier for us to get players back then than it is now). What sort of mistakes do you mean exactly (in regards to Burton)?

Last edited:

El Padrino

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've been thinking about this alot actually

the best course of action is to start paying the whole squad in bitcoin....

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We're not heavily back ending contracts or playing to a higher salary cap that currently exists. I see people say what you have a lot and I just don't see how it's the same mistakes? We have to pay top dollar to get players that are in high demand due to the position we're in which is usually top players and/or promising players. Foran was injury prone (a fit Foran for the season is worth 1m) and never should of been on a 1m flat rate, but we also couldn't of been the only club offering that sort of money (it was also easier for us to get players back then than it is now). What sort of mistakes do you mean exactly (in regards to Burton)?
I’m not saying there is any mistakes with Burton. What I’m saying. Is even paying overs for Burton is not a mistake. Sign him ASAP.
I think we do need to set a deadline though. We need to get the squad sorted soon. If we cannot get Burton over the line. We should be looking at Josh Schuster from Manly. Another quality young 6 that is contracted already next year. That won’t get much game time. If he saw the opportunity for game time he might request an early release.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't get into prices and stuff because I believe the cap is straight bullshit, but whatever amount it takes to get him here I wouldn't mind.

This new admin has shown they have more knowledge and skill than the previous mobs already so I'll let them do what they do.
Right ? Fuck what “we” think he’s worth.. if the legend TBAZ an co want him at the club they will pay what they think is reasonable, if it Happens and we get him then he was worth it :tongueclosed:

Berries

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think 4-500k is about right. If he doesn’t want to sign play Avo at 6.

I know people on here have said Avo should play fullback, has he ever played there or is that just an idea that was started on here. My understanding is he’s always been in the halves.
The kennel plays everyone out of position because Barba did it once

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I think 4-500k is about right. If he doesn’t want to sign play Avo at 6.

I know people on here have said Avo should play fullback, has he ever played there or is that just an idea that was started on here. My understanding is he’s always been in the halves.

Press release states he covers Halves, Fullback and Centres. In the attached video he plays all 3 positions

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Press release states he covers Halves, Fullback and Centres. In the attached video he plays all 3 positions
He broke that kids ankles in the first try under the posts lol.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
The kennel plays everyone out of position because Barba did it once
Smith, Cronk, Lockyer, Graham, Cook....

We have an absolute attacking weapon in Averillo, we'd be mad to not try him at fullback.(assuming we get Burton)

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Is that Burton playing 6 for the Panthers?
I'm on my phone so can't be sure but the body build and headgear defenitely make it look like him.

D0GMATIC

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
400k pa is a great offer for a guy his age with his limited experience, but he is sure to go up in value after 22/23 , I think we should offer him 3 million for 5 years . It might be overs for the first couple of years , but it will be a bargain for the next few . And I reckon 3 million and a guaranteed starting spot in his preferred position would be hard for a young bloke to knock back.