How much of Thompson’s salary should we pay for him to leave

• None - keep him

• Whatever it takes - fuck him off asap

Results are only viewable after voting.

Doggiezbrah

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
We hoped he would play better with a better pack but only had one standout game (sharks last year at lock). He has been really poor buy and expected him to hit the heights or Graham and Burgess. If we can offload him at the end of season, the better it would be for our cap.

CMP

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Said it somewhere else... We should be selling Thommo and keeping Vaughan and and RFM.
I would be offering Vaughan another two years for the same price he is on around $400k a season if he is happy with that.

I love RFM and I am happy to sign him but it cannot be much money. He is too much of an injury risk.

Thommo is on double what he is worth. If he went back home. That would be our best solution to clearing up our cap space.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I would be offering Vaughan another two years for the same price he is on around $400k a season if he is happy with that.

I love RFM and I am happy to sign him but it cannot be much money. He is too much of an injury risk.

Thommo is on double what he is worth. If he went back home. That would be our best solution to clearing up our cap space.
Considering we also have kids like Topine/Doorey/Morrin who are the next gen of bulldogs backrowers having experienced forwards with character and good work ethic is exactly what we need to help bring these kids through.

Lets hope theclub is looking into it.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Thompson is on $800K we would be lucky to save any more than $400K by letting him go.
I believe if the coach played him on the edge, he would play a lot better and hence increase his value for a possible suiter.

Blueandwhiteblood1968

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Normally agree with alot you say wendog33 but that is whole lot of excuses. He came over with 'the best prop in the game buzz and he has been a massive disappointment. He has had no impact.
There aren't a lot of top quality players that come from the U.K, a lot of quality players are islanders which is where we should be looking.