Opinion How much of Thompson’s salary are you willing to pay

How much of Thompson’s salary should we pay for him to leave

• None - keep him

• Whatever it takes - fuck him off asap

Results are only viewable after voting.

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How many years does he has left on his contract?

NPC83

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Yeah that’s how it looked to me, no desperation! Though in saying that, most of the team regularly play that way..
Sad but true… and the problem with Thompson is he is on significantly more cash than a lot of the others.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He,ll be there next year unfortunately because those that know, know and those that don’t, don’t matter
What do you mean by that mate. Are you able to explain? Thommo really needs to have his contract money sorted and go back to UK to regain confidence and enjoy that winning feeling again.

How bad is his toe injury. Last guy we had with a toe problem missed most of the season (but he was having a lend of the club with multiple injuries).

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
His minutes were well down probably not 100 % fit/healthy

I’m sure Gus is working something out

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
What do you mean by that mate. Are you able to explain? Thommo really needs to have his contract money sorted and go back to UK to regain confidence and enjoy that winning feeling again.

How bad is his toe injury. Last guy we had with a toe problem missed most of the season (but he was having a lend of the club with multiple injuries).
Foz had every injury known to man but back now at Manly has played 90% of their games

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Foz had every injury known to man but back now at Manly has played 90% of their games
Funny that!

Des' retirement fund club rehabed his whole body and paid all medicals too boot for Manly.

Greenmachine121

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
He’s been poor , had maybe two good games for the dawgs

however it’s not nrl fantasy

Cappuccino

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Was needed to get chochtritch which was needed to get JAC and Burton. Served his purpose, now fuck him off.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
To think Anderson and Hill actually personally flew over to convince him to sign with us.

I bet he wished he'd stayed at St Helens and got all those extra Premiership rings instead of playing as part of our rabble.

They offered that crazy money he signed on for. He started off playing well for us but the slack efforts crept into his play as well that he caught off the rest of them.

Then he has been under a heavy cloud of being shopped rumours.

Under those circumstances, no wonder he is now part of the plodders club at the Bulldogs.

By the same token he, and he alone, is accountable and to blame for his own performances.

SPEARTAKVIDREFS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hence why Gus keeps reiterating that it's gonna be a long haul to get back to some sort of respectibility, let alone Top8, then Top4 and Premiership.

I hope all us fans will now accept the stark reality of the mammoth job ahead and realise we are at the bottom of an abyss and only now formulating a difficult plan to claw our way out, remake the roster and coaching staff and poor skills and confidence and the loser stench.
Thing is the bottom of the abyss was 5 years ago. The dying games with Des of 2018 when we came to realize we were stuffed for the foreseeable future.
I simply cant comprehend it.
Des gone, 3 years of sitting, waiting for time to pass due to salary cap decimation.
Than war chess. Where/what happened to it?
1.5 years later no coach fast tracking towards a second year for the spoon.
5 years of utter shit and the so called rebuild has just begun.
Yet everyone thats been at the Club that have let us down, told us to be patient, earnt the big bucks have moved on to other things whilst we still here left in the shit.
Talk about a love hate relationship.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Thing is the bottom of the abyss was 5 years ago. The dying games with Des of 2018 when we came to realize we were stuffed for the foreseeable future.
I simply cant comprehend it.
Des gone, 3 years of sitting, waiting for time to pass due to salary cap decimation.
Than war chess. Where/what happened to it?
1.5 years later no coach fast tracking towards a second year for the spoon.
5 years of utter shit and the so called rebuild has just begun.
Yet everyone thats been at the Club that have let us down, told us to be patient, earnt the big bucks have moved on to other things whilst we still here left in the shit.
Talk about a love hate relationship.
It's tragic hey :(

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Agree, but still a lot of shit in that forward pack.
Apart from Sutton whom I'd put a ? mark on, I be ok with the rest, not sure why so many don't rate Hetherington, although hasen't shown much at prop, he has proved hinself playing on the edge

Last edited:

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I hate bringing it up again but the Anderson era included signing Barrett plus Thompson and Cotric. There’s a lot of work to clean those players you mentioned.
Their has been a lot of desperate signings, hope we have reached the point where we wont have to do it any more.
As much as I would like to part ways with Thompson ASAP, his signing "may" have attracted others.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This opinion also has almost nothing to do with tonight, it's been from the start of the season, poor. You can't have your big money players being flops.
Yep, breeds laziness.

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Thompson a prime example of a high paid player playing like he is on a holiday.
Piss weak cap management