How many penalties did Corey actually give away?

Status
Not open for further replies.

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
I know many of you at the game might of thought the first two penalties that were awarded for the Sharks were given away by Corey Hughes. I was one of them. Because at the game, the stupid cameraman focused on Corey both times after the penalty was given. After watching the first half early this morning on the replay on NRL.com, neither were Corey's fault. The first penalty was given away by Grimaldi, and the second by someone who was inside the 10, to the left of Corey who was at marker.

I don't think he gave away any penalties during the first half, not sure about the second half, I fell asleep.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
what the hell are you on about? Corey was giving the sharks player a facial massage to prevent him from getting up to play the ball after a good defensive set keeping the sharks in their own 20 on the 3rd tackle. Next penalty grimaldi was penalised for an infringement in the ruck, and the next penalty Holdsworth is sin binned. Corey had one of his worst games in first grade and keeps his spot.

Premiers04

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That penalty for the facial rub was in the 2nd half I believe. Cljuniour was talking about the first half. It still doesnt stop Hughes being a grub though

Bulldogs50

Justin..
Reaction score
Since this shi* game he played on the weekend.. and the fact that folkes still picks him! i have decided to change my custom nickname until my wish comes true. Feel free to join me

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
Habib said:
what the hell are you on about? Corey was giving the sharks player a facial massage to prevent him from getting up to play the ball after a good defensive set keeping the sharks in their own 20 on the 3rd tackle. Next penalty grimaldi was penalised for an infringement in the ruck, and the next penalty Holdsworth is sin binned. Corey had one of his worst games in first grade and keeps his spot.
I'm talking about the very first two penalties of the game, naturally in the first half. Like I said i haven't seen the second half on video, its hard to see why penalties are given at the game, there was no replay of the facial massage incident. If you read my post, it clearly states that, what the hell are you on about?

Corey didn't play great, but I don't think he can be blamed for DJ getting sent off.

There are so many f'in facial massages in every game, Corey just gets pinned for it because the refs know his reputation.

JK eh?

Waterboy
Reaction score
I can't get over the fact you fell asleep during a Dogs game...

cljunior

Sherwin departs 2007
Reaction score
JK eh? said:
I can't get over the fact you fell asleep during a Dogs game...
It was late, it was like 3am, plus i'd already seen the game. I'm sorry I offended you.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hughes has alott of experience, does give away penalties... but hes a smart player and stron defensively. Also plays witha lot of passion - He should be in the 17 somewhere.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
About the dj sin bin. I think the hughes penalty gave the warning and then DJ penalty landed him in the bin from constant infringments in the ruck.

Hughes always plays dirty in the ruck. By doing this he gets away with it 3 or 4 times as he gets warnings like leave him alone hand off the ball etc. But he still does it then after the warnings come the penalties. And if it is a particularly sloppy game people will go to the bin (like sundays game)

With out hughes in there doing his dirty deeds the dogs will have a lot more leneancy and will be able to get away with some things (for example Dj would have only been penalised instead of binned)

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
watch the game again notice a few minutes before giving that "facial rub" penalty away, that matt hilder did one to corey hughes himself and it was pretty bad as well

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hughes yet again gave away stupid penalties. There was no need for him to trip Lockyer over while Hughes had the ball. He turned what was a good attacking oppertunity for us into a Broncos penalty. I'm not blaming our loss on Hughes as it was a bad performance by most of the team but jeez, this isnt the first time he gives away stupid penalties. So when will Folkes and the team finally draw the line and say enough is enough... I guess we just have to wait and see.

midas

Kennel Established
Reaction score
the Bulldogs gave away a lot of penalties tonight (Armit, Grimaldi, Williams etc.) but Hughes continually gives away stupid penalties thru bad discipline and he never seems to learn

Evette

•°o.O Mz Maitua O.o°•
Reaction score
i swear that playa will neva learn. wat was the point of grabbing lockyer's foot it didnt prove a damn thing all it did was give us a penalty. he seriously needs to learn some discipline or get dropped period.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Giving away penalties in a game of football is inevitable but Hughes continually gives away STUPID penalties which are easily PREVENTABLE. Someone really needs to give him a hell of a lecture as this cant go on. His stupid penalty didn't cost us the game today as we were abysmal in just about every department but I believe it is only a matter of time until his brain snaps actually do cost us a game. WAKE UP COREY!

dawg

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Corey is finding new ways to give away penalties every week. If this self pro-nounced Beautician is giving facials whilst on defence, he'll give a penalty away while were attacking the line for good measure. :whacky:

Status
Not open for further replies.