Opinion How long will Averillo last at 7?

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
BBO is a long way from ready. He has been good but he's barely match fit. After 20 minutes on the field tonight, he couldn't even stand up to play the ball
Whole team still unfit mate. Burton has been blowing by 60mins and even JAC couldn’t stay on his feet. I’d rather an actual halfback play 7 then someone like Avo.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Its going to be painful to watch him "develop" into the role. Hes way off being a 7 at FG level. You just dont notice hes there most of the game.

Baz has to try Flanno or Wakeham surely. Can Odo play half, he looks like he has spark and some strength? Strength is a big problem for Avo.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Whole team still unfit mate. Burton has been blowing by 60mins and even JAC couldn’t stay on his feet. I’d rather an actual halfback play 7 then someone like Avo.
I agree that the whole team isn't fit. But BBO almost collapsed after 20 minutes. Any which way you try to twist it, if a player can't play 20 minutes then he's not going to play 80 minutes as our key half.

It does make me wonder why he's so unfit though. If we had plans for him then we should have spent time getting him match fit. Why haven't we?

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I agree that the whole team isn't fit. But BBO almost collapsed after 20 minutes. Any which way you try to twist it, if a player can't play 20 minutes then he's not going to play 80 minutes as our key half.

It does make me wonder why he's so unfit though. If we had plans for him then we should have spent time getting him match fit. Why haven't we?
can only guess it’s lack of minutes with his time on the bench last 18 months. Whole team still has to improve dramatically in that area though

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Avo has been that ordinary I'd rather give Flanagan a crack than pick Avo next week. He needs time in reserves. It pisses me off the amount of actual halves we have overlooked. Clune, O'Sullivan, Ash Taylor, Hastings to name a few that were probably realistic targets. Yes we are going to address the 9 that we have been begging for but, we need to solve this issue this year or we will be in the same spot next year. Fast car, shit driver

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
To everyone that thought I was death riding or hoping for him to fail. You all finally see what I’ve been saying for over a year now.
You’ve been calling it mate and saying what a few have, that he’s not a halfback, but for some reason a couple of people on here have got super butt-hurt when you’ve said he’s rubbish and should be tried in another position…

I don’t know why he shouldn’t be exposed to criticism like anyone else.