How long has everyone been a bulldogs fan for

Holbi49

Waterboy
Reaction score
1958, there were a couple of local blokes who played for the Berries. From memory Kenny Rowland's rings a bell. The Berries was my local team and just about everyone else was supporting St George and I was happy not to be a sheep.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First game I ever attended was the 1974 GF. Could not see anything as I was only a small boy, so we left at half time!! I remember seeing Phil Charlton before the match and thinking what a HUGE man. This was when the Dogs were the Berries.

I was a Magpies fan cause we had our school athletic carnivals at Lidcombe oval. I remember asking my mum to get me a jersey from Mick Simmons Sports store in Parramatta, only one they had they fit me was the Berries. I had a number 9 ironed on the back.
Those were the days. So a fan since 1974.

OldDogFan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
First recollection 1960 as a toddler in a pram (3 yo). Juno Pde kid.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
1976 for me.
I remember dad watching the 1974 Grand Final.
But I got interested in 1976.

All Hail Mitch

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Born into a Bulldogs family in early '77 and would have been sent back if I supported anyone else. Parents, grandparents, uncles, aunts, etc. all supported the dogs as they were from the area.

Robbothedestroyer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1975 moved to NSW from NT never seen a game of league before in my life and my family were all from Victoria so mad Aussie rules supporters.
Sitting in a caravan park at Brunswick heads northern NSW watching tv saw this dynamic red headed skinny bloke wearing a bulldogs jumper set the field alight, the great Turvey, and been a dogs supporter ever since.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Grew up on Sharp St. 50 metres from the ground.
Whole family were from the area.
Dr George was literally my Dr.