How has Brad Arthur not been fired yet?

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's won a total of 4 finals games in his entire coaching career & he's in his 11th season as a full-time coach.

Todd Payten has been underachieving also with the roster that he has.

What other coaches are underperforming in your opinion?

Dogs4eva13

Previously James Cochrane
Reaction score
I still think the order of most likely to get axed is:

1 Demetrio
2 AOB

daylight

3 Brad Arthur

Demetrio is gone any day. AOB will be lucky to see out the year. Brad A will see out the year and first few games next year at least. It doesn’t help him at that Junior is cooked and only good for 15min stints now.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I still think the order of most likely to get axed is:

1 Demetrio
2 AOB

daylight

3 Brad Arthur

Demetrio is gone any day. AOB will be lucky to see out the year. Brad A will see out the year and first few games next year at least. It doesn’t help him at that Junior is cooked and only good for 15min stints now.
AOB signed a new contract at the end of last year. He isn't going anywhere.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
trent Robinson for me, particularly with the roster he has and they still struggle to make the top 4
Since Cooper Cronk retired he has been underachieving big time.

Loves picking old players too much.

jof

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's all very well to call for a coach to be sacked but unless you've got a potentially better coach lined up to replace him you have a good chance of making your problems significantly worse. There's fuck all NRL quality coaches around currently, so you'd have to take your chances with the likes of failed coaches like Barrett, Furner or some unproven assistant

Last edited:

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
It's all very well to call for a coach to be sacked but unless you've got a potentially better coach lined up to replace him you have a good chance of making your problems significantly worse.
The definition of insanity is doing the same thing over & over again, but expecting different results.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Arthur and Robinson have both been coaching their teams since 2013. Robinson is protected from judgement because the media is scared of politis and he's won 3 comps. The last 5 years however have been very poor considering the team they have on paper. If it were any other coach they would be under way more pressure. Just can't seem to understand the media pushing the narrative that maybe the eels need a change after arthur being there for so long with only 1 grand final. Surely Robinson deserves to be under the same microscope

Rebuilding Phase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The trio will be sacked this year. Robinson, Demetriou and Arthur. Surely none of these guys make it through to the end of season. For the roster that they have, they have all been very poor.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The coaching merry-go-round of sacking is not a good place for any club to be.

I think because they were a complete shambles when Arthur took over and he has built their team into consistent finals footy team until last season. He must have a lot of credit in the bank with where Parra were to what they are now.

Their drop off caught me by surprise last season as they still kept the bulk of their squad. The most high profile losses were Papaalii and Mahoney. Losing Ray Stone who was also underrated at Parra. Although not sure how good he is at the Phins now. Also Niakore was another loss to Warriors.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Arthur and Robinson have both been coaching their teams since 2013. Robinson is protected from judgement because the media is scared of politis and he's won 3 comps. The last 5 years however have been very poor considering the team they have on paper. If it were any other coach they would be under way more pressure. Just can't seem to understand the media pushing the narrative that maybe the eels need a change after arthur being there for so long with only 1 grand final. Surely Robinson deserves to be under the same microscope
Arthur needs to be under way more pressure because as you said TR has won 3 comps. BA has won only 4 finals games total.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
He's won a total of 4 finals games in his entire coaching career & he's in his 11th season as a full-time coach.

Todd Payten has been underachieving also with the roster that he has.

What other coaches are underperforming in your opinion?
Agree.
Wouldn't mind seeing this coaching merry go round
Arthur to Souffs
Bennett to Cowboys
Payten to Eels
JD gone.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He has one major factor in his favour, he has kept Moses & Brown to long term contracts. While ever those two halves are there they should be competitive.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Agree.
Wouldn't mind seeing this coaching merry go round
Arthur to Souffs
Bennett to Cowboys
Payten to Eels
JD gone.
Does Payten deserve another team so quickly? I don't see him improving the Eels.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Does Payten deserve another team so quickly? I don't see him improving the Eels.
Probably not no, but I see him being better home in Sydney system.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The guy has proven that he can coach. The first couple of years it took him while to get rid of the deadwood left behind by Stephen Kearney and Ricky Stuart.
They've probably would've beaten the Panthers in the week 2 finals had Reed Mahoney not got injured.
It took Ivan 14 years to win a GF.

BlackJackBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Also depends on what sort of contract current assistants are under.

Highly doubt Benji would want Morris going anywhere ATM, Barrett and Furner not sure anyone would want them taking over.

What other notable assistants are going around? Is Dymock still looking for a gig?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Trent Robinson has underachieved way more. But I doubt Arthur is their coach next season. As others have said though, there aren't many good options to replace them with which is probably why they hang onto their jobs longer than they deserve to based on results.

senshidog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parra seem to hate change, and like AOB have excuses for underperforming this year now.

Arthur and Robinson have both been coaching their teams since 2013.
Bellamy has been coaching Storm for 22 consecutive years now. Since 2003.

In that period Storm (despite being cap cheats), have only missed the finals series in one year (when they got wooden spoon).

Lil Ms Fabulous

Is Trollin
Reaction score
Bennett to Cowboys
Hows about no. Can see Wayne leaving the club in even more deep shit like the others he’s been involved with in recent times.

I‘ve been saying for a while that what is needed at the Cowboys is a Craig Bellamy type coach who doesn’t stand for that kind of shit whatsoever. Ffs, I can even see Jimmy Maloney stepping into Toddy’s job sooner rather than later.