Opinion How good is Schoupp?

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
When tested he was good. Floppa on the other hand was his routine self sweating like a slave, clutching wt thin air with poor misses and conceding tries.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Walsh isn't some kid that came out of nowhere, he played for the Australian schoolboys in 2019 that belted the junior kiwis alongside guys like Sam Walker, Hamiso Tabuai Fidow, the Feagai twins, Topine, Brendan Piakura, etc and he was a stand out, he also played in a trial earlier in the year and was impressive
Well there you go and where where our talent scouts to spot him ?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Our left edge should be sorted for years to come now with Schoupp looking good.

Burton / Topine / Schoupp / Addo-Carr

Either way it falls Topine and Schoupp need to be on the same edge. I'm sold on them being left edge as I balances the CTW pairings and Naden has been playing right centre in reserves

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
why is it that the warriors recruitment manager was able to identify Reece Walsh as a talent to replace their gun fullback and we couldn't? isn't Peter O'sullivan in charge there? So they were able to identify him as a super talent yet we couldn't. We cannot afford to miss pit on superstar players like Walsh. This guy is 18 years old and is ready to play NRL. What happened to the club promising to identify the best young talent? if we are going to be competitive, we need to get better at spotting the best young talent. It's hard enough recruiting high profile experience players but signing players like Walsh at their stage of their career wouldn't cost the earth. i'm sick of our club missing out on the best young talent. We need better recruitment scouts who have an eye for talent. It's been happening for too long and nothing has been done about rectifying this problem. Sick of hearing the hype around Wakeham and Averillo and Flanagan and yet they can't produce the goods when competing against men.
They picked up this guy called Montoya for this year. It could be argued that it makes their recruitment hit and miss.

QLDdogsfan

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Very solid debut looked great in defence had limited attacking opportunities but looked likely. We have a few good young kids the likes of Topine, Doorey, Schoup, Atoni. It's hard for them to stand out in a dud team they aren't as lucky as some who debut/play in star studded teams, there gunna make errors but hopefully they play a bigger role next year.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Possesses a lot of leg strength, rarely gets dominated and was good coming out of trouble, has enough speed at centre and defensively solid, done his family proud who are keen Doggies fans.

A couple of times he could have looked for a pass or support player as he found himself in space but that could be TB giving him simple instructions to tuck it under the arm and run.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When tested he was good. Floppa on the other hand was his routine self sweating like a slave, clutching wt thin air with poor misses and conceding tries.
You described Floppa very well.

Malla

Reaction score
He’s a good player who trains hard. I think his future is in the back row

Apex Cedar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He’s a good player who trains hard. I think his future is in the back row
Exactly my thought Naden and Alamoti will be our centres next year hopefully Schoupp can be a strike back rower