Opinion How good is Schoupp?

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
With his strength and build we should throw him in the amongst the forwards.....guaranteed he'd out preform Elliott hands down.

Dogs4Eva&Always

Waterboy
Reaction score
ive never seen him play properly, can anyone tell me how good Shoup is? How old is he? Should I be worried that with the curren state of our centres, its taken him this long to get a shot? Is he a star or just an average junior?
He’s big fast and strong, strong hard carries and can break tackles and looks good in space, not sure how he will go in grade but hope all the best for the young kid and for our own sake, not sure about his defence but time will tell

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hope he goes well, deserves a crack at FG not sure how he will measure up though..ball is in his court.
If he is 2/3rd's as good as Bradman Best we would be stoked...buildwise they are quite similar and they are the same age too, their poles apart in ability at this stage imo.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
When he was signed 3 years back, he was considered one of the most in demand players at the time, similar to how we are hearing about Reece walsh now.
he was the australian schoolboy centre and saints werent happy to lose him.

he apparently hasa bit of josh dugan about him, hrd body, thats all i know.

I have no idea why he wasnt included this year in our top thirty and to me we ran a huge risk of losing him. (un)lucky for us, i dont think he set the world on fire in mounties this yer and thats why it was probably avoided.

the_insider

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Nasheed here,
When he was signed 3 years back, he was considered one of the most in demand players at the time, similar to how we are hearing about Reece walsh now.
he was the australian schoolboy centre and saints werent happy to lose him.

he apparently hasa bit of josh dugan about him, hrd body, thats all i know.

I have no idea why he wasnt included this year in our top thirty and to me we ran a huge risk of losing him. (un)lucky for us, i dont think he set the world on fire in mounties this yer and thats why it was probably avoided.
He wasn't an Australian schoolboys centre, he made a merit team at under 15 level, I don't see the Dugan comparison, I'd say Bradman Best but not quite as good or in my opinion a better comparison is Tom Opacic from the eels

craigo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hope he is lives up to the hype of the people on here and isn’t a flog like averillo.

Roger the alien

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I know he hasn't played a game yet and It's been a rough couple years for us fans, but the best thing these rookies like him and topine are doing are making us believe again.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He looks good, A strong running centre that doesn't slow down like meaney when he takes the ball up into the opposition. He looks like a tough defender as well. I wish him the best of luck on his debut and hope he does well