How good is max king?

nassman

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the second coming of Ben Hannant! Haha

How good is it to have proper forwards again..

turveys asthma puffer

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I love him but am happy for him to play off the bench. First change prop is an important position. Thats how we used Asotasi for a while when we had Ogre and Price starting.

The__GM

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He's fantastic - he's who Aaron Woods wishes he was. It takes 3 blokes to bring him down and always manages to get his arm free for an offload. Once the rest of the players wake up to his and TPJ's threat of the second phase we will be able to put a tonne of pressure on the opposition. This is what Averillo needs to do instead of the forwards offloading to one another.

T-Rocket

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Needs to be upgraded and re-signed asap. Big frame, workhorse and loves an offload

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
I like his no nonsense approach to the game

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Wayne Bennett will be on the phone imo
Bennett is sure to be sniffing around......but King feels that he owes us for helping him resurrect his playing career, no other team was willing to take a gamble on him, no other team even considered him. King was contemplating retirement.... King was out of the game for up to 18 months. He thought his playing career was over until Baz and Gould threw him a life line. I'd say when the time comes for an upgrade or when others come sniffing around King will always take into consideration what our club has done for him. He is an intelligent kid with a good head on his shoulders.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One has a contract after his year and the other doesn't.

Always a Bulldog
NRL contracts written on toilet paper mean absoutely nothing. Thomo will be moved on. Even if we have to swallow a part of his contract. He simply is not worth the money he is on.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Cant believe we finally have players that offload
That was one of the most pleasing aspects of the game..20 offloads in a single game....

It was amazing the offloads we got away and the fact that they were actually planned and not panicked as in the past. If we can keep that going and make them count we will be right up there.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Max who? I bet we all said when we signed him. Well he has more than announced his arrival at Belmore and he has become one of my favourites. Punches well above and puts some of the more established names on notice..

Bulldog1966

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Bennett is sure to be sniffing around......but King feels that he owes us for helping him resurrect his playing career, no other team was willing to take a gamble on him, no other team even considered him. King was contemplating retirement.... King was out of the game for up to 18 months. He thought his playing career was over until Baz and Gould threw him a life line. I'd say when the time comes for an upgrade or when others come sniffing around King will always take into consideration what our club has done for him. He is an intelligent kid with a good head on his shoulders.
Spot on I said similar the other day, strikes me as an appreciative young bloke who would absolutely have the above at the forefront of his mind..
Great story so far, Gus will be all over securing Big Maxy to the Dogs for a couple more years at least.