How do you reward kids?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I have agreed with my kids that whenever they get a certificate from school they get to pick something like as follows.

- Choose dinner, either home cooked or go out for pizza / ribs.
- Go to the cinema
- Go to the park for the day
- Good weather, good to the beach / pool
- Buy some arts & crafts stuff from the shop
- Make a cake at home (they love doing it & eating it)

My daughter has really caught on & is costing me a bomb but thats great. My son not so much so I need to find more ways of determining great behavior for him. (Maybe clean his room, pack away his toys, etc)

Anyway do you guys have some other ideas for great behavior or rewards that go with it?

This is something I really would like to work on...

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Turn the WiFi back on.
I have one girl who thrives on me taking interest in her school work.
The other thrives on more material things like soft drinks and mcdonalds

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sorry guys if these 2 threads are becoming like a mothers group. I think I really need some help here.

My daughter even asked "Why are you so nice to my cousins & never get angry with them. Why are you not like this with us?"

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I give him dog treats, Works for the dog.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Usually go to dinner ,we are sick of cake the Mrs is a cake decorater we see to much cake

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
My kids keep asking for a dog. "Dad, we all support the Bulldogs so lets get a Bulldog"

**** that. I couldn't be bothered feeding & cleaning the backyard for dog shit. Also I don't want my beer fridge to smell like dog food!

I bought them a battery powered dog. When it gives me the shits I just rip the batteries out.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
My kids keep asking for a dog. "Dad, we all support the Bulldogs so lets get a Bulldog"

**** that. I couldn't be bothered feeding & cleaning the backyard for dog shit. Also I don't want my beer fridge to smell like dog food!

I bought them a battery powered dog. When it gives me the shits I just rip the batteries out.
Lol I got a bullarab couldn't afford a bulldog but now you reminded me I think I'll look into it again fukk what the Mrs says

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I reward kids with candy after they leave my van

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol I got a bullarab couldn't afford a bulldog but now you reminded me I think I'll look into it again fukk what the Mrs says
My mate just paid 3k for his bulldog. Lil ball of muscle.

Stoofy

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Hahaha. Im not a parent, but if i ever have kids il raise them like i raise a dog
Well they are similar I suppose...

Dogs crap in the yard while kids crap in nappies. Kids grow out it of though.

Last edited by a moderator:

Slick

Young Gun
Reaction score
Give 'em a fiver/a raise in chore money or something for every 100% they get at school if you want them to excel in school (bribery hehe)

If you want 'em to be better at home, maybe say they can have friends over if they clean their room or finish all their chores well or something (effectively bribery)

If they suddenly keep getting 100% in all their schoolwork then you're in trouble haha.

Probably bad ideas, just my two cents.

Slippery

¯\_( '~')_/¯
Reaction score
Stoofy - I love how some of your rewards are things you should be doing as a parent anyway, lol.

dogie

thruthick&thin
Reaction score
gnaawww that's harsh not to give your kids a dog for the sake of a smelly beer fridge. Dogs mean so much to kids and teaches them a lot about responsibility, love, friendship etc. growing up. I couldn't imagine how much it would suck to grow up w/out a dog looking back.

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Stoofy - I love how some of your rewards are things you should be doing as a parent anyway, lol.
Hahaha, don't do too much and don't do too little!

Nano

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Stuff that - I'd give my kids everything I didn't have.
I'd want to do that after the way I grew up (I had jack shit growing up except a bike and footys) but then you run the risk of them turning into fat spoilt brats, I will limit my kids access to electronic shit and make sure they develop into physical units so life is easier for them after teenage years.

Status
Not open for further replies.