Opinion How deflating seriously?

Kenya

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The hype is bullshit - I can’t stand the club’s ‘mid week interviews’. Talking shit, losing focus and putting pressure on themselves.

I like the old school. Lamb and Mortimer never hyped. Hazem never hyped, or Badger or O’ Meley.
Tbh I found the comment about good luck tackling us (on the left side) childish and boastful.

In short shut the fuck up and do your job players. We were so clunky we gifted them two tries. And the one where they ran through the middle is as you know, humiliation.

The club, it’s media team is misleading players into the media circus and are making fools of themselves.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
There were some incredible brain snaps out there today.

What can Ciraldo do about that?

Kikau kicking it... why is he kicking?? Then kicks it out on the full

Addo-Carr going for the miracle play at half time almost results in a try for Manly (Max King thank you)

Kicking out on the full from a kick off after conceding points

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Actually now that I think of it who the hell in their right mind would want to be a coach??? Seriously, Ciraldo must be pulling his hair out with some of the things he saw out their today.

The crazy thing was even with all the silly plays we were only 12-6 at half time.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Sutton got through a stack of work tbf, issue is that we have no play one props and we're relying on him to fill that void when that's clearly not his go. Having so much money in TPJ and Thompson has really fucked us.
Kind of, it’s more that we didn’t chase props and desperately seek an enforcer pack leader. Thommo is a victims of circumstance and TPJ is poor Haas in a wig.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
We could have been watching a replay of any game from the past five years.
I couldn't watch the game live but my brother, who is the ultimate eternal optimist Dogs supporter, text me "more of the same, another long year" and my heart sank. Things will improve but any fanciful hope we will "do a Cowboys" like they did last year and turn into a smart, entertaining ruthless football team is a way off yet awhile.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sutton got through a stack of work tbf, issue is that we have no play one props and we're relying on him to fill that void when that's clearly not his go. Having so much money in TPJ and Thompson has really fucked us.
It's going to be a thorn in the side, once that is rectified it will be a huge step in the right direction.

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Manly looked very beatable today, the 10 in the bin where they scored twice was a massive confidence booster for them and we helped continue to boost that ourselves by handing them field position through dumb decisions and mistakes, but I didn’t think they were overly impressive.

We still have the same problem we had last season, we struggle to make metres, I don’t know where they’re going to find them but Gus needs to go out and find 2 angry aggressive metre eater props, the Dogs pack has always dominated and been feared, we haven’t dominated or been feared for years and because of that we’ve been losing for years.

We need bigger body’s, until we get them these other bigger teams are going to continue to smash us and we’re going to continue to make mistakes and get penalties because we’re fatigued.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
It's a lot of money I know. If we had to get a rough estimate how much cap is tied up in Thompson & TPJ what would it be?

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
The hype is bullshit - I can’t stand the club’s ‘mid week interviews’. Talking shit, losing focus and putting pressure on themselves.

I like the old school. Lamb and Mortimer never hyped. Hazem never hyped, or Badger or O’ Meley.
Tbh I found the comment about good luck tackling us (on the left side) childish and boastful.

In short shut the fuck up and do your job players. We were so clunky we gifted them two tries. And the one where they ran through the middle is as you know, humiliation.

The club, it’s media team is misleading players into the media circus and are making fools of themselves.
When he said goodluck tackling us on the left, he actually meant that goodluck because Burton won't get us the ball lol.

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's a lot of money I know. If we had to get a rough estimate how much cap is tied up in Thompson & TPJ what would it be?
$1.5m would be underestimating it, I reckon. Add Patolo and the other FRF and it’ll be $2m in FRFs injured.

John Matrix

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
accoring to zero tackle which is trash, this year between the two 1.725m (800 Luke and 925 TPJ).

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Gutted is a understatement.

we need to face facts and stop making excuses like we have at the start of every season. The off season is for players to gel and learn to play with each other.

When

accoring to zero tackle which is trash, this year between the two 1.725m (800 Luke and 925 TPJ).
SHOCKING!

That is marquee level of pay for not a lot of return.

Ok think of who we could get for that money. NAS, Keppie & Bullemor. We could sign 3 for the price of two.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Was there. Worst stadium, those ***** were real quiet considering they pumped us.

Ciraldo spending too much time with kook shit and not actual football coaching it seems. Whole left side sucks dick. Writing the entire season off because I can.
They were quiet when Mahoney scored it was the loudest it was all game. Don’t get how our players can serve up that shit when the entire fan base is willing to get behind them after years of crap.

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Forgot the Burton intercept pass on fulltime on the brain snap list, that is 4 insane level brain snaps.

I certainly would not want to be an NRL coach lol

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Was there. Worst stadium, those ***** were real quiet considering they pumped us.

Ciraldo spending too much time with kook shit and not actual football coaching it seems. Whole left side sucks dick. Writing the entire season off because I can.
Wish Preston got that last try, the fans went up in the corner. Would have been nice to land something on them at the end there.