Opinion How deflating seriously?

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'm with you Psycho Doggie.. all you others put your razors away. FMD new coach, new players same sh!t decisions at crucial times from the ref. I think we done OK considering. We were also missing four front rowers plus Burton and Kikau were underdone. Well done to Mahoney, he kept us in the game for along while and Flanagan wasn't disappointing.
Mahoney was fantastic, he at the least provides something for the team to springboard from, get some confidence from.

Benno Bulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
One positive is that this is the final year for alot of deadwood still floating around.
Another positive is that all the positive people can fuck off. Gus goes to training and reads the riot act to these guys and just asks them to apologise to Reed for not showing up today. While Reed sits in the Chinese having as much sweet and sour pork as he wants.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s beyond FUCKED..it’s like Desball has fully fused its fucking DNA into us until the end of time.
des was smart , yes he played des ball and lost it at the end BUT he knew what he wanted to play and got players that suited that’s style . That’s why I’m semis every year bar his last one and made 2 grand finals .

potter saw what the side was like and had them play accordingly . Barrett andnow Ciraldo are trying to implement systems for players not suited to it

Hound Dog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
800k for Crichton won't help either... Sad times indeed
It's just going to take A LOT of time, many games, even seasons, no question about it, don't even bother blaming coach it's deeper than that and they're working it out. Just woosa and ride it through.

tyl0r

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
How do we keep getting it wrong.... Are we really on the way up, or going in the right direction? I was hoping top 8 this year but i think 9 to 12 is more of a realistic goal. So disappointing. So much hope. Seriously you'd think we would have at least got our defence right... even if we can't score points, not conceding 5 tries a game. Im devo

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
How do we keep getting it wrong.... Are we really on the way up, or going in the right direction? I was hoping top 8 this year but i think 9 to 12 is more of a realistic goal. So disappointing. So much hope. Seriously you'd think we would have at least got our defence right... even if we can't score points, not conceding 5 tries a game. Im devo
With you mate. Gutted. Reality is we know we need a 7 and a prop badly.

Burton kikau Jac etc will come good. The first two did well last year and have all their careers. Kikau will no doubt too but shocker today.

Mahoney was outstanding. King is good. Some other guys are solid.

Flanagan is a liability and fuck we miss a big body like tpj.

Kung fu man

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not going to worry about first game of the season at Manly , players injured for 40 mins we were ok , i thought the turning point was the non knock on call when we were attacking it was actually TTurbo who knocked on but no challenge FFS we were 5 meters out, we had to challenge everything they called because most of the time the reff was guessing

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
My only hope Is that manly have turned it around in the off season and are actually one of the gun sides?
Very disappointed with todays performance.

707_2Belmore

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s game one of a long season. No combinations at all, everything looked clunky, to be expected and we have no big boppers up front to lay a platform.
We will get better

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Ummmm we have been shit for 7+ years....we are still here.

Not directed at you but fucking hate when simps have sooks when fans RIGHTLY call out the bullshit being served up then resort to "you're not a fan" bullshit.

Anyone that's on a only Bulldogs forum is a fan.
fuck we are shit. I watched the first half then turned it on near the end and just shook my head.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It’s game one of a long season. No combinations at all, everything looked clunky, to be expected and we have no big boppers up front to lay a platform.
We will get better
the fact that we were hamnered by the ref was a major contributor to our performance.....it that stifling heat we just had nothing in the tank

My Shawarma

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I'm drawing up a list of our 2016 roster vs our current one now. 2016 is the last time we played finals I think. I am seeing who from our current squad would get into that team.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We need to stop hearing about culture and belmore and just start pulling our sleeves up and ripping in.
Too much talk and trying to suck up to the fans.
We shouldn’t have let Vaughn walk.

burton
Ado Carr
Both we’re very disappointing and Waddell is a waste of a bench spot.

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
The wives of ancient Gallic and Germanic tribes would accompany their husbands to war, hurling abuse and threatening them of the consequences, should they lose.

We, on the other hand, cope and seethe. The fact we aren't tying our young to the ends of carriages speaks to our lack of conviction.