Opinion How deflating seriously?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs never quit, it's even harder to coach against sabotage, this shouldn't be what watching NRL is. These guys can be used. It's not over, the timing and confidence is down

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I'm mostly disappointed that we beat ourselves today rather than Manly playing better than us. Burton has to cop most of the blame for today's loss. He put the team under a lot of pressure with his kicking game.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bulldogs never quit, it's even harder to coach against sabotage, this shouldn't be what watching NRL is. These guys can be used. It's not over, the timing and confidence is down
Why it is down is the problem.
We know it's down. It's been down for nearly a decade.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
I'm mostly disappointed that we beat ourselves today rather than Manly playing better than us. Burton has to cop most of the blame for today's loss. He put the team under a lot of pressure with his kicking game.
Flanagan gave Manly the leg up.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Deep down we all knew we going to have out 7th shit year in a row.

Just didn't know we would suck this much against a shit manly.
Your second line says it all.

Manly are indeed shit and what today proves is that we are well below the level of shit - 25 points below it to be precise. Or to put it another way, we would have to improve massively just to be shit.

ElMagicElMasri

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Most concerning is our middle rotation is absolutely cooked and I don’t think there’s an answer for it this year

Brown playing lock for 50 minutes and running for 51 metres is not going to win us a single game

Tanner was out of his depth, King RFM ok. Sutton underwhelming (not that I expected much)

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
When Panthers rebuilt how long did it take to turn around? Patience is really going to test our faith as fans of this club

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Deep down we all knew we were losing... Happy for Ciraldo to be coach, but we relying to much on being Panther instead of finding our own style. Will take beyond 2024 to be fixed imo

djdeep4172

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Connectivity should have been done with our 1,6,7,9 and 13.
All this face painting and buying into one’s culture doesn’t make a football team.
Simple rocket science.
Play with flair you’ll create more chances.
Play with skill and try stuff .
Try create chances.
Burton was so bad today I really hope he doesn’t have anymore more of these and has got it outta his system.
Flange out did Burton.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We're bottom of the comp.
Nowhere to go.
But we know this place, and we are comfortable being under achievers and losers.

Storm in Melbourne next week - another 20+ loss.

It's what the Dogs are, and nothing is going to change by the looks of it.
Jonah Pezet will likely come into Storm halves and look better than Burton.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Connectivity should have been done with our 1,6,7,9 and 13.
All this face painting and buying into one’s culture doesn’t make a football team.
Simple rocket science.
Play with flair you’ll create more chances.
Play with skill and try stuff .
Try create chances.
Burton was so bad today I really hope he doesn’t have anymore more of these and has got it outta his system.
Flange out did Burton.
What is this flair you speak of?

Today we looked like the same bat shit boring team we were under Barrett at the start of last year.

All this BS about defence and so on well we let in 31 points and our attack was also complete shit. Try by Mahony a lucky deflection off the post and just got it down by a fingernail.

Summary:

1. Defence was shit
2. Attack was shit