Opinion How deflating seriously?

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
16 errors 9 penalties 3 ruck infringement 30 missed tackles. We only completed 23 sets from 38 wtf were we doing all off season.
Add- a man short, thanks to Flanagan, when Manly scored two easy tries to put the game away.

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The right edge looked infinitely better than the left and they got practically zero quality ball. Ennis mentioned it late in the second half, we had Brown, Flanagan and Hayze all setup to the left and Mahoney goes left to Burton...
*right

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
We're bottom of the comp.
Nowhere to go.
But we know this place, and we are comfortable being under achievers and losers.

Storm in Melbourne next week - another 20+ loss.

It's what the Dogs are, and nothing is going to change by the looks of it.
Bottom is where we belong over the last 7 years

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
It’s so frustrating how accurate this is!

I atleast have some hope, but it turns into disappointment when none of our boys can fucking hold a ball, attack, play the ball or kick a ball.
It's the same play we have always done. Have done for years. Looks like we can't change old habits.

By the time the Dogs start to look like they can play, they have given away a dozen losses, and a points differential of minus 200.
All academic by then.

Next year, rinse and repeat.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
6 all when flanno gets sent for 10 because golden boy got a finger on him. Aprt from the rediculous sin bin that ref called no try on the Mahoney try, try on the John's no try & try on another no try by Manly. Then look at the ruck and manly knees in & hold downs with no action & the Cola effort where he was 5 metres offside to dislodge a ball while we were on the attack with not even a blink by the ref. You cant win games when the ref has already decided a winner before they run on. That is how bad the refereeing and the bunker are currently

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Whilst NSW cup were dominant - cant see any of middles forwards who played will help -

Doge

Kennel Established
Reaction score
We need to learn by now to not buy into any of the hype. Be realistic with our expectations because even then we're going to do much worse. Until the team shows and proves itself we're going to be in grim season time and time again.
Everyone was blowing their load over a you tube series and puff pieces about the rebuild

KakkaDog

Banned
Reaction score
Wait, wait, lemme pretend to be the opposite of reality.

Hey mate, it's just one game. Manly were looking the goods in the pre-season challenge, hence why they won it lol. It was always going to take while for our squad to click. Don't give up hope. Burton will come good, flano is due. Everyone knows what's going on. Relax. Chill.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Was there. Worst stadium, those ***** were real quiet considering they pumped us.

Ciraldo spending too much time with kook shit and not actual football coaching it seems. Whole left side sucks dick. Writing the entire season off because I can.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Had a **** of a day. Work fuck up, mate fuck up in a bad way. Recorded game because I couldn’t watch live due to rushing to him. Come home to this. Deadset so deflating.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score

Hey mate, it's just one game. Manly were looking the goods in the pre-season challenge, hence why they won it lol. It was always going to take while for our squad to click. Don't give up hope. Burton will come good, flano is due. Everyone knows what's going on. Relax. Chill.
All we can do is put this game behind us, and start next week afresh.
Unfortunately, we are up against the Storm in Melbourne.
Hard to be positive.
Even the game against the Tigers is at Belmore - a guaranteed Bulldog loss.

I fear we will be winless for some months.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Thanks for the chuckle I’m honestly gutted though. Can’t believe we played the way we did, didn’t really matter if we won or not but the way we played is really depressing.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Had a **** of a day. Work fuck up, mate fuck up in a bad way. Recorded game because I couldn’t watch live due to rushing to him. Come home to this. Deadset so deflating.
rough day. Be thankful you didn’t have to watch it. Whole game can be summed up by Manlys last try beautifully set up by Burton

rand0m3r

Since 1994
Reaction score
I'm more curious about what exactly did we did all off season!?!

Seems they had a school camp in Campbelltown where we all held hands around a campfire, did some cuddling practice at a dojo, and learned how to pass by someone who has never played Rugby League, only to completely misfire in the trials, and in Round 1.

Meanwhile other teams were busy doing military training camps, and focussing on the game on field.

Did the club screwup by having too much "offseason" stuff featuring all grades, and not enough focus on first grade perhaps?
exactly my thoughts when i watch the kennel youtube series, all this connection talk while the cowboys are running up hills in the heat. no wonder kiks looked tired after 50 mins.

Moey91

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's the same play we have always done. Have done for years. Looks like we can't change old habits.

By the time the Dogs start to look like they can play, they have given away a dozen losses, and a points differential of minus 200.
All academic by then.

Next year, rinse and repeat.
Exactly! How hard is it to fucking hold a ball and charge? We lacked in direction, no one wanted the ball and we gifted Manly all the ball possession! It’s fucking humiliating for a great club.

All the signings we did still couldn’t deliver. If we tried today and gave it our all, I would have shut the fuck up, but if this is what we’re expecting for the year then this is rubbish.

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
rough day. Be thankful you didn’t have to watch it. Whole game can be summed up by Manlys last try beautifully set up by Burton
Oh I did. I got home and watched it. Fast forwarded at 20 whatever