How can we rescue season 2008?

Status
Not open for further replies.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I can't believe at the half way point of the season that we are just about out of the running.

Who, how or what needs to happen THIS season to turn it around and put us back in the mix?

Lord Almighty

The Wogerator
Reaction score
Pamela Anderson and the other Baywatch chicks, life jackets and those cool floatie things and we're good.

Srsly tho we don't deserve to be in the 8 and in light of the injuries a bottom 3 finish is pretty much on the cards. Besides, you can't rescue shyt if the basics can't be done correctly like: keeping handling errors to a minimum, completing sets, discipline in defence etc...

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
less handling errors...getting rid of holdsworth...completeing our sets...having a decent home ground to play at

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
I can't believe at the half way point of the season that we are just about out of the running.

Who, how or what needs to happen THIS season to turn it around and put us back in the mix?

a miracle

2 many injuries and the top 8 is too crowded as it is if easts lost tonight i think at the end of the round they may of dropped to as far as 8....

xeno

xXxeno
Reaction score
Hazem to prop and hickey to wing!

Winning combo there\

Actually hickey will outrun haz!! lol

TOPDAWGZ79

Dont hate *****
Reaction score
They need their confidence back first and foremost. Im sure with the SBW drama finally taken care of this will hopefully lift the morale of the boys.
Its our attitude in attack and defense which is lacking and they need to play for each other. If they play with a bit of passion and to the best of their ability and string some wins together they can sneak into the 8. We need momentum and luck to go our way

Matty

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
win our next 3 games as we should be doing would be a good place to start...we'd move up to 18 points after 17 rounds and be right in the mix

B

BULLDOG GEORGE

get our full squad back on the paddock and a whole lot of luck.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
As already said: keep the errors to a minimum. Hold the ball, tighten the defence, and better 5th tackle options.

viking63

CANTERBURY BULLDOGS
Reaction score
Let's go back to Belmore Sports Ground at least for a few games a year it would be great.

ThatsNikkisTeam

Reaction score
we are only two wins from the 8
Need to win 3 due to F/A

Tigers, Broncos, Sharks and Roosters are the 4 teams above dogs who have still not had 2 byes.

Below you, there is Warriors and Cowgirls. Cowgirls and Souths will stay below doggies.

The next 3 games are winnable.

Raiders - Have a fair few injuries like you guys
Roosters- will have 4 possibly up to 6 out for origin
Souths- Well LOL they are souths

That Still would not put you in the 8 though because Tigers and broncos are on 16 without their 2nd bye and you would assume dragons would win at least 1 from their next 3-4 games

Then again You saw Roosters turn around last year we just missed the 8 and we were pretty much last at this time of year... but the table was no so jumbled in the top 8.

Dogs have signed smart and will kill it next year imo

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
sick and tired of this blame DJ crap. Sure guys crack a joke once in awhile but seriously some ppl here actually believe its DJs fault. If we have an awesome forward pack DJ and co would kill it in the halves. that goes 4 most unless u are darren lockyer or andrew johns. Even JT is some what struggling for the cowboys.

Look at wallace, he killed it in SOO1 cuz the forwards out muscled the qlders, however the tables turned in SOO2 and wallace went missing.

Its all about the forwards. Forwards win u footy matches. Not the halves, not the backline. FORWARDS.

philartnihil

Waterboy
Reaction score
nothing, its already gone, we should be looking to next season..

start playing groom over holdsworth( who lets face it is going to struggle to find a spot next year,
Give that Kite guy a few runs,

put BaBA in at fullbaqck ( untill patton returns,

and for phuck sake bring Nani back into the team immediately.

I'd start trying ryan at either prop,

Or i would move the 3 around

11 matuia
12 Ryan
13 SBW

Not playing SBW at lock is a disgrace.

this season is over we need to start focusing on next season,

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
I'm thinking that we don't cover enough religions at the moment. So I think someone should talk to SBW and see if he is interested in becoming a buddist. We could probably get a few of the other guys in the team to convert to other religions, and have all our bases covered.

Cause really the only way 2008 will improve is with a lot of prayer.

K

kennyy

Injuries were always going to **** us up. I've been saying this since last year. We had a thin squad as it is

Status
Not open for further replies.