How bad has phil gould been for panthers?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Not yet, they got to win the premiership first and they wont win it while soward is in the halves.
I wish we had Soward..

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I wish we had Soward..
I dont.. he is playing well and he is doing exactly the same thing he done in 2010 at the Dragons. Strong kicking game and the team playing good defense. But i would much rather Reynold and Hokko. Just my opinion.

DOGGIESSTYLE

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont.. he is playing well and he is doing exactly the same thing he done in 2010 at the Dragons. Strong kicking game and the team playing good defense. But i would much rather Reynold and Hokko. Just my opinion.
The thing with soward is he knows how to close out a game when his team is dominating unlike hodkinson

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Soward has been awsome this year, buy of the year. He can kick, run, pass, create, organise and kick goals. I would trade Reynolds or Hodko for him easy.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Soward has been awsome this year, buy of the year. He can kick, run, pass, create, organise and kick goals. I would trade Reynolds or Hodko for him easy.
strange, considering he was playing shit at the dragons before he left and played bad in england as well. I remember Inu playing awesome in 2012 but then went back to his old self I wonder if soward we decline again?

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Stuff that I'd trade both. Soward and Mbye would be a great combo. Mbye would be allowed to be creative trust his instincts and inject himself when he sees something and Soward could control the kicking game and steer us around the park.

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Saw him speak at the Narellan Chamber of Commerce last night. Extremely well spoken and everyone was memorised by everything he said.

A lot of people won't know that the Panthers were nearly $100m in debt and close to disbanding from the NRL altogether just a couple of years ago. It's amazing where the Panthers are on and off the field at the moment.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
mate i think your allright but please delete this comment

**** jaime soward the ****ing cat **** that little ****wit cost a game by being a ****ing little bitch

i hate that ****face

use your own words for all the ...... i just received in this post

PS FUC JAIME SOWARD THE ****

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

**** jaime soward the ****ing cat **** that little ****wit cost a game by being a ****ing little bitch

i hate that ****face

Have to agree, it doesn't matter if Soward comes out the greatest player ever to have played the game next year (which, there is no risk of that happening), I'd cut my eyes out before I saw that prick in the blue and white.

bLaQDoG..

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
If the Panthers were the Bulldogs, we'd all be sucking Goulds grey wrinkled-up zub right now.

And when the Panthers suffer second year syndrome next year, that's when the after taste of Gould's manhood sets in, and we'd all be demanding he get sacked and try to lure Des Hasler to the club.

Such is the Kennel.

Last edited by a moderator:

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

i hate that ****face

Some may say the same about Reynolds. I still hate Soward but he has been great this year and he has backed his ego up with form and skill, unlike someone else.... I do farking hate when he does his lil rifle amd pistol thing aha

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Some may say the same about Reynolds. I still hate Soward but he has been great this year and he has backed his ego up with form and skill, unlike someone else.... I do farking hate when he does his lil rifle amd pistol thing aha
Sowards a cat... But our team would win more games if we had Soward instead of our guys. Its the same as the people who said they didn't want boyd. A few weeks into next season when we were noticeably better they would all be lining up to fellate him.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
Oh mate I'm sure everyone hates Reynolds

jo_95

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Oh mate I'm sure everyone hates Reynolds
I can only speak for people I know who support other teams but none of them seem to hate Reynolds the same way they hate Soward. They just think he sucks.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If the Panthers were the Bulldogs, we'd all be sucking Goulds grey wrinkled-up zub right now.

And when the Panthers suffer second year syndrome next year, that's when the after taste of Gould's manhood sets in, and we'd all be demanding he get sacked and try to lure Des Hasler to the club.

Such is the Kennel.
Next year? Nah. We would all worship Gould until we lost our first game then we'd demand his head on a pike.

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Have to agree, it doesn't matter if Soward comes out the greatest player ever to have played the game next year (which, there is no risk of that happening), I'd cut my eyes out before I saw that prick in the blue and white.
I'd pay to see that :D

Croc

Kennel Established
Reaction score
The fact that they got this far with Soward in the halves, without their main halfback and the fact that Soward is actually playing well shows that someone is doing something right at the club.

The thing Gould does well is the old school tactics and old school mentality. When every other coach will tell you to overlap, use the backs more, etc, Gould will tell you to put the ball under your arm and run. I know one of the trainers at the Panthers and he tells me that even though Gould is not coach he turns up to training sessions and talks to players about simple things like how to hold the ball so you won't lose it.

It encourages an old school Origin style mentality of winning games through good traditional football. Knowing that if your team is struggling you can quickly drop back to traditional tactics and rebuild fast.
I know a former forwards coach and I asked him what do you have to teach them at that level? He said a lot of first graders can't even pass the ball. I couldn't believe it

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I know a former forwards coach and I asked him what do you have to teach them at that level? He said a lot of first graders can't even pass the ball. I couldn't believe it
It really stuns you sometimes. You'll see them play on the field and you think that they can't be that bad then you meet some I'm real life and it really makes you wonder how they remember to breath. Fortunately they're not all like that. Many of them are quite smart.

Status
Not open for further replies.