Not open for further replies.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
SBW is a once in a lifetime player.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The thing with Sonny Bill is he can do it at both ends. He can score the most remarkable trys, put on the massive hits, set up players, split teams open at will and can pull out an offload out of nowhere.

On his day SBW can shut down a team. And i think his defence and his aggression are his best 2 assets. When fired up he pulls of 2-3 tackles a set. And pins the opposition team within their own half.

The man is an animal but no one player is bigger then the team.

`-KING-`

Count Down Is On
Reaction score
It isn't thew SBW show ffs. It's teamwork. Everyone else busts their asses too.

Parra_Power

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, Kouparitsas, El Masri, Sherwin, Mason(Out), Patten & afew other household names all pitch in uinto the Team not just Sonny.

kebbo

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
ahh more praise for our boy sonny
keep it coming :D
love ya sonny

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Team shouldnt be get cocky. We played well but it was against a depleted raiders team that struggles to travel well...
The next 3 games will show how good we really are

AC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And i think his defence and his aggression are his best 2 assets.
I have to laugh at that - try watching his failed shoulder charge attempts, only in the last two months has the guy learned to actually make a tackle rather than attempt a shoulder charge.

Maza

Reaction score
It's awesome that Sonny is stepping up for the Dogs, and it's definitely good to watch as a fan.. However imo theres too much limelight on it. I'm just praying he doesn't get jinxed from all this attention.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Folkesy is doing the right thing by playing it down. SBW is also doing the right thing by asking that he doesn't get all the attention. It is a team effort and despite the fact that he has stood out. You cant say that the whole team didn't beat the Raiders last week. Hopefully SBW can keep his form up till the day after the grand final though.

If i were Folkes, this week i would have SBW running more as a decoy runner close to the line with Shifty and Roberts feigning passes to him. I think it would result in some easy tries to whoever he was decoying for. It seems the Broncs have focused on defending him if the media stories are anything to go by. I'll be spewing if we lose this one.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
its important that everyone performs....i mean it was a great performance from sonny but there was others in the team that contributed to the team having a good game...it wasnt SBW Vs the raiders...even though he did have a field day but still...the team needs to be clicking and understanding what their role is within the team so that we can be successful week in week out

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
Hmm, I think we would be in more trouble if Sonny were out for the season rather than Willie or Bobcat. That is not a slight on their ability - SBW just makes differences. He kept us in that Parra game and was nearly man of the match.

Lets just acknowledge that an injury-free Sonny Bill will be the best player we will ever see. he literally can do it all - belt blokes when falling backwards; pick up kicks from his ankles (a feat for a tall guy) he can even kick in play if need be - and he is usually the first one back to take the ball up when we have had the ball kicked to us. I don't like talking people up but while he is fit, we are a chance of winning the competition. he really is to us now what Johns was to Newcastle.

iWahash

Hannant
Reaction score
Hmm, I think we would be in more trouble if Sonny were out for the season rather than Willie or Bobcat. That is not a slight on their ability - SBW just makes differences. He kept us in that Parra game and was nearly man of the match.

Lets just acknowledge that an injury-free Sonny Bill will be the best player we will ever see. he literally can do it all - belt blokes when falling backwards; pick up kicks from his ankles (a feat for a tall guy) he can even kick in play if need be - and he is usually the first one back to take the ball up when we have had the ball kicked to us. I don't like talking people up but while he is fit, we are a chance of winning the competition. he really is to us now what Johns was to Newcastle.
hey champ i agree with everything you said but the last sentence. i believe even with sonny out, we can still fire up and do damage.

having said that, i agree that an injury free sonny bill, while in the mood, is one of the best players anyone this generation will get the pleasure of seeing. he's in the second row but sets up as many tries as a half back and scores as many as a speedy winger/fullback - alot!

he also defends like - if not better than - any other forward in the game. his hits are always strong and he isn't scared to take anyone on.

he has the kicks, he has the offload, he has the speed, he has the agression, he has it all. who ever picked sonny up for us deserves a nice big fat cheque for it and the best thing any c.e.o could have done for the bulldogs is re-sign this guy fr 5 years. imagine that.

we still have him until 2012. he will be 27 by then. he will continue to get better from here on in. he will gain more experience. as long as we sonny, we will be a successful team. i can't wait.

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
I fear for the well being of some of the Broncos players this weekend.

halfcast

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
that performance on sun was 'mark graham like' plus the BIG HITS!

H

Haztrick

The thing I'm most scared about is all this hype surrounding us and Sonny Bill.. With all the hype, all the positive press, all the articles, it just makes me think that it can't last and something bad is going to happen, particularly to SBW.

Status
Not open for further replies.