Host of nrl talent and we are linked to no one!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oatley Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
In all honesty the best way to build a team is with the best 16-17 year olds in the game. Get them in young and try to develop them. Fair enough not all will make it and some will leave but for long term success it's the best way.

Fair enough you can recruit players. But 800-900k for Mitchell Moses is obsurd. If you pay that much over for a player based on potential you are playing with fire (we already have another moses on big coin).

Hats off to the panthers and the roosters though. The team they have developed/recruited which are full of young kids coming through. You would think they have 4-5 strong years coming up.
Hats off to them?? How do you get there? Merrin, Tamou, Martin, Whare, Hiku, Peachey, Cleary,Latu and Harawira-Naeru are all imports. This from a club that has the biggest junior nursery on the planet and there just the ones I can remember. Gordon, Keary, JWH, Carter,Aubusson, Guerra, Tetevano have all been bought from memory. The reality is that every side probably with the exception of the warriors buys the bulk of their players from somewhere else. Has nothing to do with development and everything to do with talent identification and luck. We had the choice of Hokko on one leg or a young Mbye with a lot of potential and we made the right choice. I've always liked Hokko as a player but the future is in Mbye. Same argument with Lichaa and Ennis. $350K for a hooker is pretty cheap these days and he will get there.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
See my further comments

Yes... yes I am... I am just sick to death of seeing clubs like sharks signing segeyaro, we didn't even bother... bird close to signing with eels... warriors sign Foran, we have Hasler and that's not even enough!!! And now all these quality players are off contract, we won't attract any because of our situation with des being off contrac
I dis read the rest of your post. Warriors signed foran last year. Its not a new signing. Other then clubs resigning players there hasnt been a whole lot of players being signed. I really dont think any club can do much until we know what the cap is next year. I also dont really think we need to go out and spend a bunch of money on a heap of new players as some people have suggested on other threads. all we really need is a half. but not just anyone. we need the right fit.
You watch, the current team will do well this year. Im certain of it!! Just wait and see.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What the hell are you talking about dude?

We are about to re-sign our megastar number 6 for the bargain basement price of $800k.

ALX25

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Start winning games.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Your whole paragraph is based on one comment I made regarding bird... rest of my article are facts mate
Okay I'll adress the rest (Foran and Seggy)

Foran: Hasnt played a game yet bud so who knows.. and we were linked to him.. hes been to Belmore... What are you on about?

Seggy: Hot and cold player. Can be a gamebreaker but him signing with the sharks doesnt bother me... Questionable character as well.

Why do you care if we are linked to players? That doesn't translate to signings... and a lot of the reports are hot air

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Why not have a crack at this Carlin Anderson kid? Goal kicking fullback stuck in QCup - no NRL contract.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
The big 4??? Hahaha... dogs aren't linked to Foran, Hasler is linked to Foran... he could be coaching Knights and it would be the same story... point is, who have we signed, i am talking big name player? Nobody... and we aren't going to sign anyone till we resolve our coaching situation
So what do u expect to happen? An original idea like sack Des or castle maybe? I think we have seen enough threads about our recruitment tbh. Im more interested in footy tbh, im over whether we should sack Des castle or the board for now. Thats offseason talk.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our recruitment is pretty slow, our retention is good so management are showing faith in the current squad who admit they fell short last year, the boys will be playing for their jobs this year, we all know what they are capable of when they wanna do it.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nah i dont think so...he/she doesnt start every paragraph with "It is understood..."
And to add to that of it was a reporter they wouldn't be complaining about a lack of links to players, they would be actively starting rumour to link us to every player.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I wonder if this guy is happy now that we are linked to Foran, Cronk, Woods and Tedesco

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We will get Aaron Woods... because we need more forwards... and Parra, Roosters, Dragons and Souths look to get meaner and better... I would love to know how Roosters are under the cap and can get their hands on Tedesco whilst our dud squad is close to full on salary cap... it's rather mind boggling. Something's just not right at the Dogs.

Status
Not open for further replies.