Hoppas form at Parra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It doesn't say he still has a groin injury, it said he was playing with one while at Parra.

I also don't think we should take Hoppas form into account because he has been playing for the two of the worst teams in the last ten years, Parra and NSW LOL. Seriously though they, IMO, they are both around the same ability. The plus with Hoppa is he can play multiple positions and we got him cheap with money to spare. Good decision by the club.

With Perret, terrible decision to resign him but I doubt it had any bearing on the decision to arse Laf.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It doesn't say he still has a groin injury, it said he was playing with one while at Parra.

I also don't think we should take Hoppas form into account because he has been playing for the two of the worst teams in the last ten years, Parra and NSW LOL. Seriously though they, IMO, they are both around the same ability. The plus with Hoppa is he can play multiple positions and we got him cheap with money to spare. Good decision by the club.

With Perret, terrible decision to resign him but I doubt it had any bearing on the decision to arse Laf.
The downside is he hasn't excelled in any since his return.

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Constantly niggling injury. Like Jamie Sowards back.
16 out of his 19 games he ran over 100 metres, some well over 100 a couple over 200. Imagine when he gets fully fit and in a good team.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For those who say hoppa has been playing with an injury - where is that kind of faith for one of our juniors? Lafai was out with shoulder and knee injuiries. It's complete garbage, des should've let perrett go and shipped off other deadweight at the club, not a promising up and comer.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Only time will tell if losing Lafai and gaining Hopoate is a good decision. Have to see them both run around in 2016 a bit first. They start pretty even. Both had their best form before the 2015 season. Either player will be a dud buy if they repeat their 2015 form (or go worse) in 2016.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Both players at their peak - hoppa destroys Lafai in every department.

Let's hope Dez can bring him back to his best cos he was a joke at parra.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
I think what has most people off side with the whole hoppa thing growing is a growing frustration with the club firstly with losing Frank and keeping She Wrecks (Losing frank was a bit like when we lost Pricey) and now shafting Lafai to sign Hoppa but keeping Sam Perret...... I think most wouldn't have given a stuff if we moved Perret on to sign Hoppa or even both perrets

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
if you recruited hoppa on form shown at parra, then he wouldnt have been picked up at all, as he has shown absolutely nothing in his time there
hes been picked up and signed on 1 good season at manly several seasons ago

pisssst

CEO
Reaction score
I

Good players still shine no matter what team they are in.

Status
Not open for further replies.