Hoppas form at Parra

Status
Not open for further replies.

Abzsalam99

Waterboy
Reaction score
I was talking to one of the trainers at the dogs and he was telling me that Hoppa was playing with a groin injury at parra and he didnt train at all because of it He also told me that he is much more explosive and faster than Lafai when fit. Butvhe still believes that letting lafai go was the wrong decision.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Any players form at parra is irrelevant ,they ruin players ,watch foran go backwards this year ,although signing perrret was a weird decision

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Did he mention how his groin was now? Is he going to train? Ffs the trainers don't with Des, I sense a mutiny

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Both slow. Both physical. Lafai better footwork and stronger/larger. Hopoate probably smarter.

It's an exact draw in my eyes. Why bother.

Both were terrible last year.

Would have preferred to keep Lafai at centre, Hoppa on the wing and Perrett into NSW Cup to lead the young guys.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
never ever thought I'd see that posted with that surname anywhere even if being compared to a potato
But his dad is a spelling bee champ tbh

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Pressure is on both Hoppa and Des IMO. I expect Lafai to play really strong this year which means Hoppa MUST perform or dud signing. Considering Hoppa hasn't played well for like 4 years (2 years chasing the fairies).....even more pressure!

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Put Lafai at left centre at Penrith and he'll be sensational.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I reckon Lafai will replace Walker at SouFFS.

Hoppa had his best season in 2011. The highlights package for that was all *catches ball from Lyon / Stewart and falls over line*. Des was happy not to resign him and let Parra pay overs for him after 2011, so I'm puzzled as to why he'd want him back again (then again he did the same with Hodko).

I'm wondering if perhaps we took up Hoppas contract on $weetFA, because nobody else wanted him. Then released Lafai who was on a higher pay packet, so we have more room in the cap to secure other players. Sign up Hoppa for a few years until Abbey / Holland / Okonbour / etc are ready, and then release Hoppa and Perrett.

This will be really interesting if Hoppa and Perrett are signed to end deals the same year!

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score

Hoppa had his best season in 2011. The highlights package for that was all *catches ball from Lyon / Stewart and falls over line*. Des was happy not to resign him and let Parra pay overs for him after 2011, so I'm puzzled as to why he'd want him back again (then again he did the same with Hodko).

I'm wondering if perhaps we took up Hoppas contract on $weetFA, because nobody else wanted him. Then released Lafai who was on a higher pay packet, so we have more room in the cap to secure other players. Sign up Hoppa for a few years until Abbey / Holland / Okonbour / etc are ready, and then release Hoppa and Perrett.

This will be really interesting if Hoppa and Perrett are signed to end deals the same year!
Des didn't let him go lol..the **** ****ed off on his moron mission and signed with parra on a ridiculous deal that no one would ever think of matching.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

It's not the same situation as DCE was coming through for Manly, and also, hodkinson was playing for the bulldogs in 2011 so Des didnt sign him. Hodko has been let go by des twice for a younger half

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Des didn't let him go lol..the **** ****ed off on his moron mission and signed with parra on a ridiculous deal that no one would ever think of matching.
Parra released Hoppa on his mormon mission after they signed him, not Manly.

Legend23

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Parra knew well and good he was going on his mission when they signed him Mr I

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hoppas form at Parra..........what form?

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I was talking to one of the trainers at the dogs and he was telling me that Hoppa was playing with a groin injury at parra and he didnt train at all because of it He also told me that he is much more explosive and faster than Lafai when fit. Butvhe still believes that letting lafai go was the wrong decision.
What great news. This is a two way win for the Dogs:

1 Perrett will probably be able to keep up with Hoppa if he can't run
1 JMoz wont feel so bad about his dud knee with Hoppa nursing his groin

Well done Des, you've got us in reverse gear wihout really trying.:anvil:

Dawgfather

Banned
Reaction score
Why are people still going on as though the club should have kept Hodkinson? The bloke is a single injury away from being useless, which I agree is tough, but that's NRL these days - it's a tough sport and business.

I do agree there is a case for whether we should kept kept Lafai, but from what I'm hearing, Des has good reason to be making the switch now. Hoppa was treated like a door mat by Parra last year and his form followed suit.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Why are people still going on as though the club should have kept Hodkinson? The bloke is a single injury away from being useless, which I agree is tough, but that's NRL these days - it's a tough sport and business.

I do agree there is a case for whether we should kept kept Lafai, but from what I'm hearing, Des has good reason to be making the switch now. Hoppa was treated like a door mat by Parra last year and his form followed suit.
Their is no reason for letting lafai go. Lafai still had 2 years left on his contract des is just looking after his manly buddy's . perrett was of contract then gets sign for 2 more years is that the master plan for a stronger side I don't think so

Izzy Forreal

Much Loved Bulldogs Member
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Pattenator;3078591[B said:
]Why are people still going on as though the club should have kept Hodkinson? The bloke is a single injury away from being useless,[/B] which I agree is tough, but that's NRL these days - it's a tough sport and business.

Agree with you about Hodko. Sure, he had ability plus as a footballer but his knee injury almost entirely negated his ability.

Along the same line we have JMoz who is still nursing his old knee injury, BMoz who looks like he's been through World War 24 every time he gets tackled, Josh Reynolds who has has his own run of shoulder/ arm injuries and Sam Kasiano whose fitness/ injury condition is always a question.

And now we've pissed off Tim Lafai who hopefully was over his shoulder and knee injuries only to land Will Hopoate who currently has a groin injury. A great bit of recruitment.

So summing up, when we include Slow Sammy on the wing half our backline is a rooted unit (or close to it).

Status
Not open for further replies.