Hoppa re-signs for 3 years

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly. If every player put in as much effort as he does week in and week out we would be in a very different position on the table now.
Fuck you read my mind!!
Was going to type almost exactly the same words.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mixed feelings, it's a good signing but not a great signing. Foran = great signing.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Good price (hopefully) signing IMO. Not sure what's the truth in the salary cap talk though. One would hope we have room for another "Good" signing? It hasn't lost my attention the press don't ask questions of the other clubs????

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I would prefer him a centre. He is to slow for the fullback position. He is a solid and reliable player.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
good news in 2013 but this is 2017 and hoppa is miles from tedesco and boyd
Fair enough but all of our backs including Hoppa will be so much better with decent ball. How can we judge them on the shit service they get now?

good signing

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like the fact that Hoppa is staying on with us,he is still very young and looks keen to step up for our club.
Safe under the high ball and a good runner off our line.
No chance turning up hung over on a Sunday,thank god.

GUSLER

Kennel Established
Reaction score
hoppa is a solid player ... but signing players with lack of speed and flare in our backline is not going to fix the problem we have with our attack..
So Hoppa and Holland in the backline for next 3 years. Probably the 2 slowest backs in the nrl...now we are Guaranteed not to score easy points for the next 3 years.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I like Hoppa. He may not be as physically gifted as some, but he isnt that far off. I reckon he makes up for some of it with his craftiness as well, quite elisuve at times and seems to play extremely intelligently. Good positioning and fundamentals. Can't recall him having many brain snaps, if ever. Good footballer.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
Good player but not a match winner.. we haven't got any real match winners, someone where you know they can pull off a clutch moment to win a game or turn a game.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Think with what players we have coming this will be an even better signing. Foran will be Big next year, just hoping his head stays in the game. Just unfortunate that LIchaa didnt pay off as we'd hoped. Just too slow service.

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Good signing, solid player and not expensive surely.

Reynolds Gone
Kasiano Gone
Lichaa hopefully Gone
Eastwood hopefully Gone

Should without a doubt cover our 2018 buys with the increased cap.

Our team has some cheapies - holland, lee, Frawley, Elliot (?), fualolo... Tolman would think he isn't expensive.

Would be good to see what each player is potentially on next year, does anyone know?
Nobody here knows what the players earn, but we will be happy to speculate for you (just like the media do)

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hoppa is a top signing. He's still very young, he's a smart footballer, he's got great positional play where he always seems to be in the right spot in both attack and defense. Very safe at the back, puts his body on the line always. Sure he's not the fastest player or our x-factor, but your fullback doesn't always have to be your X factor. He can also cover in the centers and wing with ease. He's got plenty of experience for a young bloke, he's played origins and grand finals, and he's won a comp. he wouldn't be on massive bucks either. Top signing!!

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Happy with Hoppa staying with us. Makes me wonder what is different now, compared to last year, as far as playing Sundays is concerned. Must be something significant for a man who takes his religious beliefs seriously.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If our club is smart which they arent they will play hoppa at fb then chase rts for fb then replace jmoz with hoppa at centre

Status
Not open for further replies.