Hoppa Performance

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now first of all Hoppa had a terrible start. But I just had a look at the stats and it said he had 27 runs for 327m. At first I was like WOW!!! But then you look at his runs. He didn't do much. He lacks enough pace to bust a line. He doesn't get involved. He is not a first grade FB.

And also about Fualalo. He started the game and I thought he was strong. But once he came off, he didn't come back on did he? Why is that?! Why leave Tolman on for 80 instead of letting Fualalo sit on the bench for 50 mins.

Had enough of this shit. Hasler has gone nuts. Our game plan stinks. We have not evolved. We are so fucking slow it's not funny. We are boring to watch.

The worse thing for me though is the emotional attachment. There is none left anymore. Last night I dragged myself to the game. Couldn't get into it. Couldn't get excited. Literally just sat there shaking my head because we are literally the most boring and the dumbest footy team in the comp. Blind Freddy can see our problems. All the fans know it, everyone knows it except the ***** des and dib.

I'm calling it now. We won't win another game all year!!!

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He's safe without being a strike weapon. We need his in our FB position. Just cant see who we can slot in there at the moment. I like the Mbye experiment but cant see it happening.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You can get away with a fullback like Hoppa if the rest of the spine has weapons in it and we don't. His lack of pace is a major problem in attack and defence.

Last edited:

JackDog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can get away with a fullback like Hoppa of the rest of the spine has weapons in it and we don't. His lack of pace is a major problem in attack and defence.
Yep, like Michael Gordon without the goal kicking. If He was behind our pack, he'd struggle the same as Hoppa.

We are just a below average team that cannot be fixed with our present roster .

I dip my lid to those still going to games, the effort to watch it on tv is bad enough

Calibra

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
The worse thing for me though is the emotional attachment. There is none left anymore. Last night I dragged myself to the game. Couldn't get into it. Couldn't get excited. Literally just sat there shaking my head because we are literally the most boring and the dumbest footy team in the comp. Blind Freddy can see our problems. All the fans know it, everyone knows it except the ***** des and dib.
This is what sux for me too... I really feel this is what my experience is like for at least the last 12 months, you're at the game and there is hardly anything to get excited about so you're sitting there shaking your head for 80% of the game

Malla

Reaction score
He's an average fullback but an excellent centre. Unfortunately we don't have anybody else capable enough in the team to play fullback.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
he is Sam Perrett Mark II, solid but wont win you a premiership as a fullback.

His position is centre, but cancer des loves to play players out of position.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Now first of all Hoppa had a terrible start. But I just had a look at the stats and it said he had 27 runs for 327m. At first I was like WOW!!! But then you look at his runs. He didn't do much. He lacks enough pace to bust a line. He doesn't get involved. He is not a first grade FB.

And also about Fualalo. He started the game and I thought he was strong. But once he came off, he didn't come back on did he? Why is that?! Why leave Tolman on for 80 instead of letting Fualalo sit on the bench for 50 mins.

Had enough of this shit. Hasler has gone nuts. Our game plan stinks. We have not evolved. We are so fucking slow it's not funny. We are boring to watch.

Fox commentators were perplexed over what they called our slow passing, noting that we lacked the crisp passing of other teams; telegraphing our passes and making it easy for the defence to read our play.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He got so many meters because we had them trapped in there half so he would receive the kick on the 20m and run it up to the 40m-50m line before he met any opposition players.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He gifted the Eels 6 points (hospital pass when Montoya got binned and drop ball Semi try resulting)

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He is solid but not the super star FB that we have been promised.

Dog Till I Die

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Who cares.
To a man, we looked thoroughly disinterested last night.
The passion has gone, as has the grunt, not to mention the fear we once instilled in others.
This is a rabble of a team that has lost its focus, mojo, intent, desire and purpose.
And why? Because we rushed with indecent haste to tip ourselves over the cap and leave a dozen existing contracts in limbo.
Nice work, Dib. If we've learnt anything from history, it's that we've learnt nothing! Self preservation always comes at the expense of the greater good.
Never have I felt so depressed about the fortunes of our once proud club.
Stuff your 2018 membership, Dib. You've lost me. And, before the doomsayers accuse me of abandoning the ship, remember, loyalty is inevitably a two-way street!

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
He would be ok if we had a gun 7, 9 & 6. I though he was good last night. I mean running for 300m plus is huge.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whilst he is considered safe, He ball hogs
deluxe...

Also has the odd tendency to run it up soft and gets smashed which causes him to fumble in some games.

He's a centre/winger, end of story.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
He gifted the Eels 6 points (hospital pass when Montoya got binned and drop ball Semi try resulting)
He was out of position for Bevans try as usual. When that whole play unfolded down the blind side 40 metres out what the actual fuck was he doing. He had ample time to already be there but was too busy hanging around the posts adjusting his magic underwear.

You cant blame him for not always being there to cover the wing when a play unfolds 10-20 metres out. But when the break happens 40 fucking metres out and you dont even lay a finger on the tryscorer you can go fuck yourself.

BlueStar

Waterboy
Reaction score

I know what you're feeling. I always get to the games that I travel to about 1 hour to 30 minutes early to soak up the atmosphere but last night I arrived and sat down at the 1 minute mark and I wasn't even angry that I was late. The team use to always make the weekends much better to look forward to but not anymore. I've gotten use to the losing feeling and don't know what it's like to win anymore

FACT:
Canterbury have won only 6/16 games played this year. THAT'S 37.5% OF GAMES WON!
Pathetic record

DT

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He was woeful last night

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No speed
No positional play
Hardly catches it on the full and when he does he goes straight to ground
No footwork
No passing game
No support play
No last line of defence heroics
He's effort on mamalo last week was amateurish
I didn't expect him to stop him cold but that effort was Saturday park footy standard

He's not safe and not remotely close to it
He's as safe as a house being built in mount druitt with no locks or Windows!

Status
Not open for further replies.