Hope renewed... Maybe... surely... maybe

DOGSOFWAR2013

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the Canterbury team of 2020 was a dog it would have a severe under nite, be riddled with rabies, flee's, arthritus,blind from cataracts and severe dementia forgetting how to win week in week out.
It would be animal cruelty to let it continue living and would have been put out of its mercy.

Back in 09 atleast we had a big rebuild.
Here's hoping we can be rebuilt to stop.being the joke of not only the NRL but the Australian sporting world.

coach

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Holland/montoya/lafai/lewis/tolman/foz need to go
When lafai was off we turned to dog shit on our left edge

But do agree we need a signing to replace him, or hoppa at centre n sign a quality fullback it doubt any of that will happen

Bullpit

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Andrew Hill and the Board should apologise. We are their ultimate stakeholders. After 40 years of supporting this great club, I am really ashamed of what we have become. The current and recent custodians of the Club have brought us to where we are. Past players, club greats and us fans don’t deserve this.

spscand

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Actually... maybe we might just avoid it. Cowboys just lost taumololo for possibly end of season. And are also on 6 points. Maybe we can jump them. As broncos probs have a win in them coming soon.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
When lafai was off we turned to dog shit on our left edge

But do agree we need a signing to replace him, or hoppa at centre n sign a quality fullback it doubt any of that will happen
Lafai was absolute crap also. Had a good hand in the first try.

But made a piss weak attemp to catch the ball and let Warriors score an easy 1st try.
Then gave up another try with poor defence.
And then got hooked.

That Averillo can't tackle a slow moving bag of marshmallows is another story.

top-dog

bulldog 4 life
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Seriously don’t these clowns get embarrassed honestly they should be trying there guts out to avoid the spoon but nothing changes what a disgrace these ***** are .

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bull frog would be rolling on his grave given the spoon happened on his daughters watch very disappointing

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I don't think the club deserves it. The club has performed pretty well considering we are using about 1/3 of the salary cap. If any team deserves it, it is the Broncos. I know that every team's supporters but the Broncos want them to win it. It might help if we get some penalties throughout the game rather than 5 minutes from the end & a few set re-starts would be nice rather than the 1 we had on Sunday.

Dogs Of War

On the Warpath
Reaction score
Actually... maybe we might just avoid it. Cowboys just lost taumololo for possibly end of season. And are also on 6 points. Maybe we can jump them. As broncos probs have a win in them coming soon.
Broncos and cowboys play last round.

Anyway. What I'm scared of is the team we can make next year with the players we have signed so far. Even with a new coach he would be battling to make anything worthwhile. Bring on some signings to give us hope. Otherwise it's another year where we will be getting the spoon.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Broncos and cowboys play last round.

Anyway. What I'm scared of is the team we can make next year with the players we have signed so far. Even with a new coach he would be battling to make anything worthwhile. Bring on some signings to give us hope. Otherwise it's another year where we will be getting the spoon.
And yet another year where we are asked to be patient and wait another year to see some improvement.
At least, getting the spoon in 2020 means 2021 can't get any worse - we might even chalk up 3 wins.

Chris Harding

Steam Powered Dog
Premium Member
Reaction score
Who are we going to beat, to get off our 4 points?

The only side I can see us beating is ourselves - we have a good record doing that.