News Hooper: D-Day looms for Pay as Dogs to decide coach’s fate in next 48 hours

Matthew G

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You can’t be rational with certain posters on here with the shit they spew honestly, our club is hanging by a thread and still don’t see the problem
Exactly, its a mess , the club continue to make the wrong signings, buy a quality 9,1,6 and 7, literally the spine of a team and we have no decent players in any of them positions

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly, its a mess , the club continue to make the wrong signings, buy a quality 9,1,6 and 7, literally the spine of a team and we have no decent players in any of them positions
Understatement but yea very correct. But also has been very obvious for a long time now.!!!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Barrett?

Record of 29 wins from 73 starts with a strong Manly roster at his disposal. No thank you.

Unless they’re gonna pull Bellamy out of a hat then we should be sticking with Deano to see what he can do under fairer conditions next year.
You know what Horse, I would be thinking the same thing but I have no confidence in Pay anymore. Just making really dumb decisions like putting Reimis in the centers instead of wing, Meaney is a much better fullback than DWZ especially under the high ball. Cogger in one game at dummy half looked 100 times better than JMK. Napa should be on the bench, Renouf is ten times a better player than Napa. In 2018 when holland and Reimis were both playing right side and were killing it, round 1 the following season he decides to break up that combo, the list goes on and on over the last 3 years. He even dropped CHN at one stage in favor of duds like Priest. The guy has no idea. When all you hear is “run hard, tackle hard” with no real game plan it starts to get worrying. What about that game at Belmore against the storm, the master plan was to kick to JAC on the last all the time, JAC destroyed us! These are just 1% of the crap he’s pulled.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Barrett is probs the next cheapest option for the cheap ***** at the club.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Yes so with the same squad (actually losing two good players in Kelly and Lane) Des went from 15th to 6th. I'm helping my case massively actually.
Nah Des had a way better squad. Added Garrick, had the Fainu and Koriosau rotation
I truly believe no one would of "earned" a contract extension coaching our roster. That's from what the majority of fans expected anyways (not me, you and everyone know my thoughts in regards to that). Even if we bring in Barrett next year he'll look better just because we'll actually have a competitive roster. This is why it's unfair on Pay because it makes him look shit. The Knights at least gave Nathan Brown one year with a competitive roster. We're the "family club" and we're just going to throw someone who took on a suicide mission to the curb for a sideways swap in coaches.
Disagree, show promising sings in attacking structure like Holbrook has with a shit roster then yes. Regress like Pay has then no.

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Or calling him the messiah
I get that, but why throw in another failed head coach in Barrett then? My view is that the club was working towards 2022 when there are more/better coaching options available but the pressure of the media noise and poor on-field results may be forcing the club to act sooner. If it goes that way I can’t wait for carnage on TK calling for Barrett’s head if he delivers the same set of results as he did at the Beagles.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
You know what Horse, I would be thinking the same thing but I have no confidence in Pay anymore. Just making really dumb decisions like putting Reimis in the centers instead of wing, Meaney is a much better fullback than DWZ especially under the high ball. Cogger in one game at dummy half looked 100 times better than JMK. Napa should be on the bench, Renouf is ten times a better player than Napa. In 2018 when holland and Reimis were both playing right side and were killing it, round 1 the following season he decides to break up that combo, the list goes on and on over the last 3 years. He even dropped CHN at one stage in favor of duds like Priest. The guy has no idea. When all you hear is “run hard, tackle hard” with no real game plan it starts to get worrying. What about that game at Belmore against the storm, the master plan was to kick to JAC on the last all the time, JAC destroyed us! These are just 1% of the crap he’s pulled.
Spot on

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Massive hypothetical. Drawing a very long bow to say that starting Katoa over JMK was a key reason to why we lost. I’d argue it had zero impact on the result. Again, I think the errors and general weaknesses of our players played a far greater hand in the result.

If we’re gonna have both JMK and and Katoa in the 17 then I’d be starting with the bigger bodied Katoa to weather the opening stanza anyway. Allows the sharper JMK to come on and be more of an attacking threat against some tired legs.
Hypotheical? Pay hooked him because he realised it was a fcuk up! Lol.

If u think having an bigger bodied underdone hooker who CANT DEFEND is better than a hooker who has proved he plays above his weight then your right up Pay's ally and its no wonder you defend him.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Hypotheical? Pay hooked him because he realised it was a fcuk up! Lol.

If u think having an bigger bodied underdone hooker who CANT DEFEND is better than a hooker who has proved he plays above his weight then your right up Pay's ally and its no wonder you defend him.
Amen to that, like it !!

this thread is off the HOOK. One of the best in a while, and gaining great momentum compared to pays coaching lol.!!!