News Hooper: D-Day looms for Pay as Dogs to decide coach’s fate in next 48 hours

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
If you want to compare it, then at least Barrett got them to 15th, Pay has us dead last lol.!!
15th with a competitive roster. There's no reason to want Barrett over Pay. Pay finishing 12th last year with our roster is better than anything Barrett has ever done.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Who hacked the zoom meeting?!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
15th with a competitive roster. There's no reason to want Barrett over Pay.
Actually there is, in the fact that a fresh face with a new coach will give a much different approach. Pay has lost it, does not matter how you look at it, pay can’t stay, and weather it’s Barrett or not it’s change..!! All we can ask for, we are desperate.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Barrett?

Record of 29 wins from 73 starts with a strong Manly roster at his disposal. No thank you.

Unless they’re gonna pull Bellamy out of a hat then we should be sticking with Deano to see what he can do under fairer conditions next year.
Im with you horse but in all honesty it is extremely evident Pay does not have the tactical nous to be a head coach.

There have been glimpses of a good footy team but wihtout a doubt Pay has lost games on the back of some stupid decisions.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
Actually there is, in the fact that a fresh face with a new coach will give a much different approach. Pay has lost it, does not matter how you look at it, pay can’t stay, and weather it’s Barrett or not it’s change..!! All we can ask for, we are desperate.
I don't think you're thinking through what you're saying. You just can't get anyone because they'll be replaced the following year. Then the next coach. Then the next coach, etc. It isn't healthy. Wait for the right person to coach us if it comes to replacing Pay (who's a rebuild coach). Do you really want Barrett long term? We need a top coach.

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay so we may as well chuck @AlzzBulldog in as head coach with you as his trusty assistant under that logic.

Change for the sake of change isn’t the best of policies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Barrett is a huge roll of the dice I’m not convinced he is the man to lead us out of this mess. I think having a experienced assistant with him is vital and I really hope he brings one in if he joins the club. There’s little doubt Pay has to go though and it’s the right call you can’t keep having performances like last night every couple of weeks.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think you're thinking through what you're saying. You just can't get anyone because they'll be replaced the following year. Then the next coach. Then the next coach, etc. It isn't healthy. Wait for the right person to coach us if it comes to replacing Pay (who's a rebuild coach). Do you really want Barrett long term? We need a top coach.
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Thought it through? 3 years of dean as coach and your telling me I’m not thinking it through .. I can say who I’d prefer, and I have , but hey if they get Barrett all I’m saying is he will be better than pay and that’s how it is, until whatever coach we get next fails, then it’s all better than our current.!!!

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Okay so we may as well chuck @AlzzBulldog in as head coach with you as his trusty assistant under that logic.

Change for the sake of change isn’t the best of policies.
And myself an Alzz will still have a better record than 16th with one win after 9 :tearsofjoy:

until my theory is proven wrong an all of us are asking for change then a spade is a spade deano..!!! Can argue all day, but we all have our own thoughts on this asshole mess we are in.!!!

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Im with you horse but in all honesty it is extremely evident Pay does not have the tactical nous to be a head coach.

There have been glimpses of a good footy team but wihtout a doubt Pay has lost games on the back of some stupid decisions.
What stupid decisions are you referring to that aren’t just hypotheticals?

Week after week I’m seeing points leaked and ultimately games lost directly attributed to crucial errors made by a variety of players who just aren’t up to it, which includes our marquee men. Tough gig for the coach.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Thought it through? 3 years of dean as coach and your telling me I’m not thinking it through .. I can say who I’d prefer, and I have , but hey if they get Barrett all I’m saying is he will be better than pay and that’s how it is, until whatever coach we get next fails, then it’s all better than our current.!!!
Nah Scoooby, I know most are pissed off and convinced Dean Pay is not up to it.( me included) But Trent Fucking Barrett?? Seriously mate so many on here have said that our supporters are becoming settlers of mediocrity.

Copping Trent Barrett to replace Pay is a perfect example of that.

The club is totally fucked if they do.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Nah Scoooby, I know most are pissed off and convinced Dean Pay is not up to it.( me included) But Trent Fucking Barrett?? Seriously mate so many on here have said that our supporters are becoming settlers of mediocrity.

Copping Trent Barrett to replace Pay is a perfect example of that.

The club is totally fucked if they do.
Bro.. It doesn’t mean I want Barrett, I’ve never said yup he’s the answer, he wasn’t even on my list or in my thought of when it came to replacing pay, I would much prefer griffin or Toovey or even Kevin Walters, fuck even Holbrook would be great, I’m just saying that if the noise is that loud about Barrett then fine, until he proves he is a failure if he takes over then so be it,I can’t control who they get in, and yes this whole situation is FUCKED.. main point an reason of all my replies as always has been is

Pay Must Go, simple .. END OF.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score

Week after week I’m seeing points leaked and ultimately games lost directly attributed to crucial errors made by a variety of players who just aren’t up to it, which includes or marquee men. Tough gig for the coach.
Happened again last night as did against the Sharks and Tigers:

DWZ dropped ball -> Ponies try next set
Tols dropped ball -> Ponies try next set

20 more missed tackles than the Ponies.

Basic errors at crucial times costly.
I just can’t pin that all on the coach.

Pay might not be our long term future but a Barrett band-aid isn’t either in my view.

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’ve backed Dean previously but when you hear players are saying there’s some parts to his coaching that are missing...that’s a big worry and explains why the players just don’t seem to be on board or motivated

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Week after week I’m seeing points leaked and ultimately games lost directly attributed to crucial errors made by a variety of players who just aren’t up to it, which includes or marquee men. Tough gig for the coach.
Oh its a tough gig no doubt not including the circumstances but he has definitely made it tougher for himself.

Stupid decision, how about the latest one... Starting Katoa underdone instead of bringing him on later in either half? That is ridiculously stupid.

He has done a massive job by getting the boys up every week but his team selections and use of the bench displays major weaknesses in his role.

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score

Pay might not be our long term future but a Barrett band-aid isn’t either in my view.
There was at least two of everything before the Broncos first try (errors, 6 again, penalties, etc). I started a review of the game but I couldn't bring myself to finish it.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score

I think two things can be true in our case we have a mediocre playing roster and a mediocre coach. You should have to earn a contract extension and IMO Pay hasn’t earned one.