Honour your contract Sonny: Gallop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Just show him he'd get owned.

If he leaves, he'll cop legal action.

If he stays and wants to bludge and sook, enjoy NSW Cup and watching your sponsorhip deals disappear when you're audience every week is 200-300 people at the crest.

Billy Bright

Waterboy
Reaction score
Before anyone suggests the salary cap limit be increased, please note that most Sydney clubs are already struggling, should the limit be increase it will put more pressure on those clubs and I would think that quite a few would fold, something that would be bad for the game. In essence, those that can afford to pay huge amounts of money will survive, those that can't will die. The last thing I would like to see in the NRL is Sydney represented by two teams, the Delmege Sea Eagles and the Politis Roosters.
Makes you wonder how we got on 30 years ago. WE had loyaly in them days, we kind of. And clubs like mine have been at fault over the years.

Personally I liked the game when blokes worked, played footy and were not bigger than the game. We have had the same thing with football (soccer) clubs back home.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
Why would he want more money? If thats what he genuinely wants? He gets cars, clothes etc., etc. thrown at him. Why cant you be happy with what you have? I left my last employer for LESS money to be somewhere that treated me well and was a pleasure to work for. Now they gave me a pay rise. Honour your contract/club/fans and the rest will follow.

'G'

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Rove asked me who would I turn gay for a few weeks ago it wouldve been SBW. Now, meh who knows who I'd turn gay for

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes me feel better tbh. We won't let Sonny walk and nor should be. He is a naive young kid who is being brain washed and we need someone to snap him out of it. Turvey? Joey? Folkes? Moore?
Nothing will stop Sonny Bill leaving if he wants to, no contract can make him stay.

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
He cant go anywhere if the Dogs dont release him.

matodorx

SNAAAAAAAKE!!!
Reaction score
I like to think I'm a nice guy - but if I ever see Khoder Nasser in public I will spit on him lol. Seriously.

Is Gallop gonna pony up the dollars like he did to keep Joey in the NRL when Union were knocking on his door?
Good point,cant see it happening though.

Moe

Moderatwhore
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If Rove asked me who would I turn gay for a few weeks ago it wouldve been SBW. Now, meh who knows who I'd turn gay for
Hahaha classic.

G

Gladiator.

Nothing will stop Sonny Bill leaving if he wants to, no contract can make him stay.
no thats where you are wrong.

the law is the law, if we dont release him and he leaves, not only will he be hearing from the dogs legal team, khodder nasser will pick up and leave, sonny will be fined heavily, wont be allowed to play anywhere and if any club agree's to terms with him while still under contract they may also be sued, thats why he isnt getting any intrest from other clubs.

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
no thats where you are wrong.

the law is the law, if we dont release him and he leaves, not only will he be hearing from the dogs legal team, khodder nasser will pick up and leave, sonny will be fined heavily, wont be allowed to play anywhere and if any club agree's to terms with him while still under contract they may also be sued, thats why he isnt getting any intrest from other clubs.
Sonny has stuffed himself up TBH. I am pretty sure that the Dogs will not let him go anywhere but now with all this crap he has lost a lot of loyal fans.

If he had a decent manager, Sonny would have been told that a contract is a contract and there is no way of getting out of it unless the club lets him(which is highly unlikely and if curious should have spoken to Bulldogs management in privacy.)

But instead he has this pathetic manager who has lost Sonny a lot of fans.

My respect for Sonny Bill Williams has diminished quite a bit. And that's just being honest.

G

Gladiator.

Sonny has stuffed himself up TBH. I am pretty sure that the Dogs will not let him go anywhere but now with all this crap he has lost a lot of loyal fans.

If he had a decent manager, Sonny would have been told that a contract is a contract and there is no way of getting out of it unless the club lets him(which is highly unlikely and if curious should have spoken to Bulldogs management in privacy.)

But instead he has this pathetic manager who has lost Sonny a lot of fans.

My respect for Sonny Bill Williams has diminished quite a bit. And that's just being honest.
Sonny knows a contract is a contract, and everyone around knows thats why there is no intrest, if he gets released watch how all of a sudden he will be taken offers from every joe **** and harry running a football club.

Khanzeera

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
kharra nasser.
khanzeer nasser.

anyone feel free to add anything else.

Bulldog Bandit

Kennel Established
Reaction score
he can either stay here , be merry and STFU or , go somewhere else , face legal action and play park football , either way , if he stays in the blue n white , i wont look at him in the same way again .[/QUOTE

I feel the same way no matter the result, I will never feel the same about Sonny, I was hoping he would end up as a loved club legend like Haz, Turvey & Ba.

I hope he gets booed on the field on Monday night, I know he is still a Bulldog but he doesn't want to be nor does he deserve to be.

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
If players were allowed third party deals than this would all go away. What sucks is that a player should receive as much as he likes from sponsors. Its nothing to do with the clubs. This SBW thing is ridiculous. No wonder players are leaving. Wake up Gallop.

jasetd

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
If players were allowed third party deals than this would all go away. What sucks is that a player should receive as much as he likes from sponsors. Its nothing to do with the clubs. This SBW thing is ridiculous. No wonder players are leaving. Wake up Gallop.
the whole thing sucks.....Imagine if you were a Ceo of a company in australia and there was a limit on what australian Ceo's could be paid...say $500 000 per year...yet a ceo in england or america could get $20 000 000 per year.....there would be industrial action because it is limiting someone's earning potential in their profession.....thats exactly whats happening here....we have a bunch of warlords (NRL) trying to tell proffessionals that they are not allowed to earn anywhere near their potential....I reckon if the players got together and took it to the courts, the salary cap would have to go as it is taking away the opportunity for a professional to earn his potential....

As for sponsership, thats even more of a joke....why dont we make a rule that NRL players can only build houses with a maximum of 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms.....

Doggiez08

Kennel Established
Reaction score
One thing Sonny doesnt seem to care about in this mess is the kids.
They all want to be like him and be the next Sonny Bill but now i told my son he will be leaving to play elsewhere so now my son wants to play soccer instead because he is my sons fav. player and without him in the team is not the same. When he is older and knows the reason why he left he will be glad that the money hungry prick never wore the blue and white again.

DOGGOD

Blue Guru
Reaction score
Nice touch. That whole players taking the game to the courts would probably open some wounds in the short term but that i think gaurantees success in the future. It must be done or this game will die and all our elite will be playing rugby, afl and 4th division union in belous drinking champagne. Scary thought........Champagne that is. Oh yeah thats right, thats all souths players drink these days.

Game Breaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
the whole thing sucks.....Imagine if you were a Ceo of a company in australia and there was a limit on what australian Ceo's could be paid...say $500 000 per year...yet a ceo in england or america could get $20 000 000 per year.....there would be industrial action because it is limiting someone's earning potential in their profession.....thats exactly whats happening here....we have a bunch of warlords (NRL) trying to tell proffessionals that they are not allowed to earn anywhere near their potential....I reckon if the players got together and took it to the courts, the salary cap would have to go as it is taking away the opportunity for a professional to earn his potential....

As for sponsership, thats even more of a joke....why dont we make a rule that NRL players can only build houses with a maximum of 4 bedrooms and two bathrooms.....

I wouldnt scrap the salary cap, because it still has a purpose. Maybe lift it every few years.

But easing sponsorship agreements for players definately needs to be done

robdog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
One thing Sonny doesnt seem to care about in this mess is the kids.
They all want to be like him and be the next Sonny Bill but now i told my son he will be leaving to play elsewhere so now my son wants to play soccer instead because he is my sons fav. player and without him in the team is not the same. When he is older and knows the reason why he left he will be glad that the money hungry prick never wore the blue and white again.
--------------------------------------------------------------------
I think we should send these stories about how SBW is affecting the kids,remind him how the kids look up to him like his some kind of super hero...If his got a heart he will make the right decision and tell nasser what to do.In a way i dont blame SBW but its nasser that put the thought of money to the front of his head.SBW feels like his carrying the team with the players we lost...........lets help him make a better decision,send thousands of kids letters hit his soft spot.

Status
Not open for further replies.