Not open for further replies.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
image.jpeg Indiandog we have now won this many home games

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
His kicking was great today but he doesn't offer much else although I would rather Holland in team over that ball hog morris

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
he was good, kicking was great, he has to be in the team on the wing when morris and hopa return, and yes Morris is a hog , he passed it once and rona was away. Morris has blinkers on most of the time, he has lost his pace, he needs to add some other dimensions to his game
I think with jmoz, his focus is on scoring try's (possibly to try and catch up to his brother). It looks psychological or mental, you can see its on his mind. when he has the ball 10 meters out, He wants to score and will take on 3 defenders instead of giving the ball to his outside man who is unmarked.

Even the try he dropped over the line. He was thinking more about scoring then how he got it down. He had no reason not to score that. But stuffed it up.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More like murdered it. If he gives better service to Rona, he would easily be the leading try scorer.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holland just might be a must for our season. His kicking today was superb.

We won by one try today, and the Roosters had a couple disallowed.

I'm sure his kicking will be the difference n a game or two
But when Hopa and Brett Morris come back he's gonna get dropped so then we're back to Moses unfortunately
B Moz
Perrett
J Moz
Hopa
Rona
Reynolds
Mybe

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Dutchy liked my tweet saying he def didn't mean to do that reverse swing hehe

Really like this guy. I laugh at the people who said he would never make the run on squad before the season.

blueyedsamurai

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I dont know how many games we won just on the back of Hodkos goal kicking but it was allot. If we are to have any chance with Des's style we need a good goal kicker.

Reactions: DT

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
The question is: IMO Holland must stay in the side and TBH so does Phillips on form so I think Hoppa should have to play his way back into the team after his break OR either Perrett or Hoppa gets dropped.

Doga

Father Figure
Reaction score
Holland isn't that good a player. He is solid and a good goal kicker.

Chase Stanley is far superior but could only last 15 seconds per game.

Morris is now the worst centre at the club

Last edited:

marsh43

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Holland isn't that good a player. He is solid and a good goal kicker.

Chase Stanley is far superior but could only last 15 seconds per game.

Morris is now the worst centre at the club
Chase is the better overall player but ia definitely a risk as we don't know how long he'll last. Leave him in reserve grade for a few more games. Gets some games and confidence under his belt.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I can't see poor old Chase Stanley having an argument to get back in over him.
Des has stated many times that the first choice team comes first. When Holland first came in he said something along the lines of "He's a good kid and has a good future with the club, but the team I picked at the start of the year takes priority"

Sauce Head

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des has stated many times that the first choice team comes first. When Holland first came in he said something along the lines of "He's a good kid and has a good future with the club, but the team I picked at the start of the year takes priority"
We struggle enough to score tries so surely he can't underestimate the value of an 80% kicker. Then again, trex has played 1st grade for the last few years so not sure how much logic is followed.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
We need this guys kicks, Hoppa stays at fullback and BMoz battles it out from NSW Cup for form with Perrett.

Allan

Man of Steel
Reaction score
Well done to Holland. It was a day he will remember for a long time. Des has a good problem, one we haven't had for a long time: all of our backs are firing. Perrett is in career best form, Holland a sharp shooter, Stanley a great attacker and defender, Rona picks himself, JMoz just made SOO, BMoz (if) when he comes back will be fully fit for the first time in 2 seasons, Hoppa has been sensational. Add to that the performances of Mbye, Klemmer and Jackson. Starting to look like our recruiters know what they are doing, that must piss off many of our Kennel posters.

Status
Not open for further replies.