Holgates feelings hurt

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
One Million Buckeroo's.
AUstralian Politics is a fooken joke, how does that la de da get a million because the PM upset her?
The PM should be sued personally.
One day...

Gene Krupa

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
One Million Buckeroo's.
AUstralian Politics is a fooken joke, how does that la de da get a million because the PM upset her?
The PM should be sued personally.
One day...
She did nothing wrong & fuckwit Morrison threw her under the bus. She wasn't a lapdog for the government.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Didn’t she gift some flops Cartier watches with tax payer money?
No.

She turned Australia Post (AP) into a profitable company, so while yes it is publicly owned, it's profitable hence not tax payer money. She sought approval, from the AP board, to buy watches as a bonus for executives for the profitable outcome they had. She was granted approval by the AP board to buy those watches as a bonus.

From memory there were 3 executives who received a watch and the total cost of the watches was $20,000. In the corporate world, that's a pittance of a bonus for executives.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
No.

She turned Australia Post (AP) into a profitable company, so while yes it is publicly owned, it's profitable hence not tax payer money. She sought approval, from the AP board, to buy watches as a bonus for executives for the profitable outcome they had. She was granted approval by the AP board to buy those watches as a bonus.

From memory there were 3 executives who received a watch and the total cost of the watches was $20,000. In the corporate world, that's a pittance of a bonus for executives.
Thing is, if these bonuses were paid in cash or as part of a payrise nobody could have batted an eyelid.

Funny also how a conservative pm got involved in this. Surely getting a CEO sacked for this sort of behaviour is a leftie/commie thing to do?

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Thing is, if these bonuses were paid in cash or as part of a payrise nobody could have batted an eyelid.

Funny also how a conservative pm got involved in this. Surely getting a CEO sacked for this sort of behaviour is a leftie/commie thing to do?
From memory, it was Labor who first raised this issue and tried to use it as a political wedge. But Morrisson took the bait and went overboard with it, however there are also questions in regards to whether he took the bait or an attack on Holgate was already in the works. Ronni Salt (independent journalist) had provided references to a multitude of articles from the daily mail and daily telegraph (in which it was obvious the government were leaking against AP) in trying to say that AP was no longer a viable business to be supported by the public purse, i.e they were looking to sell it off. However Holgate had turned around the fortunes of AP and made it profitable.

So a lot more investigation needed to see what really is the story behind all of this.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
The watches were an excuse.
Whilst she has runs on the board for results, her style and strategy were not appreciated by all. But that’s often the case by leaders who push hard for results. I know a guy who worked with her at Telstra who describes her as ‘aggressive and corrosive’. I can’t speak from personal experience, just what he said. Either way the situation wasn’t well handled and there was no way her contract was going to be terminated without compensation, even though she originally said she didn’t want any when she offered her resignation. Not a great look for all involved.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
I quite like the girl, just thought the Government had canned mass payouts.
Massive fist up the PM.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Seen her walking around a bit near me her black eyes freak me out.