Daily Telegraph/Rothfield Holbrook, Hill and Coach Consolidated Mega Thread

AlzzBulldog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We never lost our major sponsor, their deal ran out this year and they chose not to renew.

Use are looking for problems, where there are no problems.

Our biggest problems were the juniors were neglected over the years, and it is now starting to repair slowly.

Another issue, was our cap was blown out, and it has almost been repaired.

So far;

The board advised everyone that we are in dire straights with our cap till 2021. No lies there

They said they are going to put more money and resources back into our juniors. They have and are.

They said we are rebuilding in 18,19 and hopefully in 20 we will be in the mix for the 8

The board has not broken any promises thus far.

Its quite amazing the amount of uneducated children on the kennel who cannot read and comprehend.

At the end of the day its a few salty Dib supporters who are still not over being totally wiped out at the previous election.

You want this mob to come out and tell everyone we will win two comps by 2021 and that our rockstar fullback is just around the corner.

So far, the board has done what they have said they will do.

I will judge the onfield results as of the 2021 season when they have a full cap to manage with.

By all means, continue to whinge and bitch as you're only dissapointing yourselves, while providing comedy to others.

ALL HAIL THE ANDERSONS!
FUCK THE ANDERSONS

Horse

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Never in doubt.

You morons did this to yourselves by pedalling this Holbrook to the Dogs nonsense when there was never any credible evidence to say that we even made an enquiry.

#PayIn

Crack open the champagne gentlemen.

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We never lost our major sponsor, their deal ran out this year and they chose not to renew.

Use are looking for problems, where there are no problems.

Our biggest problems were the juniors were neglected over the years, and it is now starting to repair slowly.

Another issue, was our cap was blown out, and it has almost been repaired.

So far;

The board advised everyone that we are in dire straights with our cap till 2021. No lies there

They said they are going to put more money and resources back into our juniors. They have and are.

They said we are rebuilding in 18,19 and hopefully in 20 we will be in the mix for the 8

The board has not broken any promises thus far.

Its quite amazing the amount of uneducated children on the kennel who cannot read and comprehend.

At the end of the day its a few salty Dib supporters who are still not over being totally wiped out at the previous election.

You want this mob to come out and tell everyone we will win two comps by 2021 and that our rockstar fullback is just around the corner.

So far, the board has done what they have said they will do.

I will judge the onfield results as of the 2021 season when they have a full cap to manage with.

By all means, continue to whinge and bitch as you're only dissapointing yourselves, while providing comedy to others.

ALL HAIL THE ANDERSONS!
Could of fast tracked on field results with a decent coach.

Do you honestly think pay is doing a good job?

Raja dirani

Waterboy
Reaction score
If this is true why not release Pay first? No use having a coach at the club who knows his time is numbered.

I almost expect an article by Rothfield/Weidler/Mole before close of business today "EXCLUSIVE: Andrew Hill heads to England to headhunt Justin Holbrook".
Holbrook to coach gold coast

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
On NRL Tonight says Holbrook is most likely the Titans Coach

What Now for our coach if Holbrook goes to the Titans?

Costa84

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Board really dropped the ball... both Dogs and Titans had their coaches signed through to end of 2020 yet the Titans had the foresight and the cohoneys to cut their losses and go out and sign the best coach available...

Last edited:

BulldogsNRL

Kennel Established
Reaction score
For me the Walker Brothers who have success but solely for the fact that they TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT IN ATTACK we need it

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
dobbo is nearly always on the money and hes saying he will be announced titans coach tomorrow

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Never in doubt.

You morons did this to yourselves by pedalling this Holbrook to the Dogs nonsense when there was never any credible evidence to say that we even made an enquiry.

#PayIn

Crack open the champagne gentlemen.
I don’t understand this post?

We discussed things like adults earlier so will try again.

Why would yo “crack open the champagne” there is nothing to celebrate here. We haven’t done anything impressive at all. If this is true at the very worst a potential coaching option is off the market. Irrelevant if he is the next best coach or just mediocre. It’s one less option.

He at least offered a direct contact to overseas talent we likely aren’t adding.

We have instead appeared to be content with a coach that has what 13 wins from 50 Rounds?

26% win ratio?

He hasn’t shown improvement in last year.

He hasn’t developed anyone at all to improve.

He hasn’t shown to have a game plan that resembles anything remotely successful.

He hasn’t shown to have a good eye for selections, rotations.

He has shown he likes to play pets to players who aren’t worthy of constant minutes/selections.

He hasn’t shown anything that is worth opening champagne over.

Unless you enjoy us being an irrelevant team or are somehow prospering/benefiting from their employment...

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
It was only speculation we were chasing him to begin with. I actually doubt we even tried. I reckon they will give Pay 1 more year. He's fucked if we fail next year but imo.

Juicydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Could of fast tracked on field results with a decent coach.

Do you honestly think pay is doing a good job?
I was never in favour of Pay taking over from Hasler.

Giving a rookie coach a below average squad is very dangerous and more often than not does not pay off.

Holbrook is another untested rookie for the NRL. I do not care what his % strike rate is in the ESL.

You cannot compare the NRL to the ESL.

Trent Robinson was provided with a cracker squad and every year the squad gets better and better.

Paul Green was gifted a cracker squad and since JT retired the Cowboys have been below average.

We need an experienced hard head as coach and for me thats a Flanagan, Griffin or Toovey - no rookies

GreenTurd

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But pays doing such a great job according to some on here, nothing’s gonna change

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Board really dropped the ball... both Dogs and Titans had their coaches signed through to end of 2020 yet the Titans had the foresight and the cohoneys to cut their losses and go out and sign the best available coach available...
Really really disappointing.