Hit list 2021

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. First and foremost a hooker, probably the hardest position to fill, and may not a possibility this off season (I would actually look at Ben Hunt for the right pice to play hooker)

2. Half or 5/8- Offer Burton as much as he wants.

3. Lachlan Lam (see whether he bites, having seen him a lot, he is a very good halfback)

4. Fullback (raid Penrith, they have about 10 in reserve grades that are good enough, the best one scored 4 tries on debut last weekend)

5. Forwards, wouldn't worry too much other than a genuine prop, Napa to go off the bench as an impact prop where he played well for the Roosters.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cotric won’t be comming know, was thinking of comming due to dollars and relationship with Pay.
fuuuuuukkkkiiinnnggg Kuuunnnttt on NRL 360 was pushing CHN to the Raiders, so if we still have CHN on our books we may be able to negotiate a swap CHN for Cotric, mind you I would like to have both.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
fuuuuuukkkkiiinnnggg Kuuunnnttt on NRL 360 was pushing CHN to the Raiders, so if we still have CHN on our books we may be able to negotiate a swap CHN for Cotric, mind you I would like to have both.
To be fair put yourselves in CHN's shoes...

As a club we asked him, exactly why exactly? A 3 month ban was always more than enough.

Would you want to stay at a club that didn't stand up for you?

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Watson is garbage
As a half or fullback he's average. As a hooker or utility, he's quite good and looked his best there last season.

But we're talking about picking the best of a bad bunch as Friend and Mahoney will stay where they are. The club screwed up by not getting Api, Grant or Robson last year.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
Hopefully the new coach can clear the deadwood contracted past this year.

Napa, JMK, Lewis, Britt, Crichton and Katoa are the main ones that have got to go.
All those players are contracted for 2021, so unlikely. It’ll be more like Holland, Montoya, Cogger, Sue and of course Harper is leaving who’ll go first.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

As a club we asked him, exactly why exactly? A 3 month ban was always more than enough.

If they let CHN join another club, they have to get someone in return. It would be criminal to let a talented player like him leave for nothing.. Especially when you consider he has two more years left on an affordable deal and numerous other clubs are chasing him.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
All those players are contracted for 2021, so unlikely. It’ll be more like Holland, Montoya, Cogger, Sue and of course Harper is leaving who’ll go first.
I just assumed those players like Holland, Montoya, etc are gone.

The likes of Napa really have to have a fire lit under them. Give them permission to talk and tell them they are unwanted and hopefully something happens.

Brendan7

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If they let CHN join another club, they have to get someone in return. It would be criminal to let a talented player like him leave for nothing.. Especially when you consider he has two more years left on an affordable deal and numerous other clubs are chasing him.
I'd almost be happy he does leave the way the club failed to stand by him. I'd rather he does stay but I wouldn't complain if he personally wants nothing to do with the club

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ado Carr, Cotric, Hastings, re-sign Foran for one year. Too easy

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
I just assumed those players like Holland, Montoya, etc are gone.

The likes of Napa really have to have a fire lit under them. Give them permission to talk and tell them they are unwanted and hopefully something happens.
I don’t disagree but you can’t replace half the squad at one time and that’s going to be the challenge. Between 2021 and 2022 I think 25 of 30 are off contract so it’ll be a 2 year job minimum - potentially changing if there is a reduction in squad number for each club next year as floated.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
Would you want to stay at a club that continued to pay you even though you were deregistered?
Would you want to stay at a club that paid your expensive legal fees for the appeal?
Would you want to honour the contract that you signed?
Would you want to reward the club that saved you from reggies forever at Penrith?

Asking all the questions, not just the ones that suite your agenda, is important.

Go Dogs

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mole has come out that there will be a massive cleanout at Belmore and atleast 4 experienced players need to be recruited.

Apparently Elliott & Foran will be re-signing

RFM has already been re-signed

Casualties of clean up are - Holland, Cogger, Montoya, Sue, Tolman, Tass

Also Lafai is "close" to signing on (fml if this eventuates)

Which 4 players do you try and sign for 2021 who are off contract this year? This is my target list in order.

1. Jake Friend
2. Jackson Hastings (id replace with Foran)
3. Christian Welch
4. Nick Cotric
If it’s Barrett hopefully brings burton, win win for us if it’s him or griffin he has close ties with Penrith and broncos

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I'd almost be happy he does leave the way the club failed to stand by him. I'd rather he does stay but I wouldn't complain if he personally wants nothing to do with the club
For sure. I'd understand why he'd want to leave. But we have to get something in return as he's a valuable asset.

bowleggedwog

wogdog
Reaction score
J Maloney
B Smith( has said he wants to play hooker)
M Aubuuson
Cotric
Finucane (Prop)

Jai81

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mole has come out that there will be a massive cleanout at Belmore and atleast 4 experienced players need to be recruited.

Apparently Elliott & Foran will be re-signing

RFM has already been re-signed

Casualties of clean up are - Holland, Cogger, Montoya, Sue, Tolman, Tass

Also Lafai is "close" to signing on (fml if this eventuates)

Which 4 players do you try and sign for 2021 who are off contract this year? This is my target list in order.

1. Jake Friend
2. Jackson Hastings (id replace with Foran)
3. Christian Welch
4. Nick Cotric

why dont you like Lafai?