Highs and Lows of 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
What were your personal highs and lows of the 2007 season? This can be on the field, to a moment in the stands, something to do with the crowd or anything about the dogs. We all know we had ups and downs so lets see what everyone has to say. My highs and lows for 2007 are:

Highs:

- Rnd 1 @ Newcastle: Yes i know we lost, but to put in an effort like that with 12 men and still should of won the game with a dropped ball from Mcilwain was good to see, the army of dogs fans were vocal and after the game i remember a few knights fans congratulating us on our efforts to cheer the boys on, they said its the best away support they have seen in newcastle.

- The souths game: Alot of hype and souths were being arrogant bastards, so the doggies do what we do best and belt them into submission, awsome game.

- El Masri making Origin: I know its not bulldogs but i was so proud and happy to see him get a start and earn what he has deserved for a long time, seeing how happy he was just shows why i love him and the dogs so much, just loves to play footy.

- Against Manly at brookie: Another big game occasion and the boys showed what we are capable of, was a destructive performance and the army at manly just kept all the manly fans quiet.

- Dragons at WIN: Being apart of a terrific atmosphere and the rivalry that is bulldogs/dragons is always good. To win the way we did and to see the reaction of the dragons fans was priceless, awsome moment.

- The year of Luke Patten: He is a pleasure to watch and i wouldnt trade him for any other fullback, a deadset champion.

- Rnd 2 @ Penrith: Yeh we got smashed but the way we in the crowd kept cheering even though we were not in the game was good to see and we were still louder then the panther fans.

Lows:

- Not playing to our potential: there was no consistency at all and this year will go down as one of the most frustrating.

- Injuries robbing us of seeing a full year from Te Maari, am a big fan and believe he has a great future, was disappointing seeing him injured.

- All talk, no walk: Talking it up with articles pretty much every week and never delivering, should just shut there mouths and play some footy.

There are plenty more highs and lows but thats enough for now lol

K

kennyy

Highs for me were the atmosphere we created at each and every sydney away game. Was the best this yr

low was obviously sat night

done

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
yeh, agreed..the away games throughout all NSW venues was awsome and much better then home games, the way everyone gets behinds the boys and become louder then the home team is a joy to see.

jimmy_the_greek

Bulldogs Fanatic
Reaction score
I just hope the club finds some way to keep both Te Maari and Kouparitsas (both off-contract next season.)

disappointing part of the year:
Have had a very poor display on Saturday night games, i think we have only won 1 Saturday game and that could be classified as an ugly win (against the dragons).

Positives for next season:
Can't wait to see how players like Sullivan, Groom and Barba etc will go, Looking forward to the kennel creating plenty of atmosphere next season. When we will have players missing for origin it seems we will have players who are capable to step up.

Özil

Hava Nagila
Reaction score
Highs: RD 6: v Parra @ Parra Stadium
RD 4: V souFFS @ Telstra
RD 13: V Seagulls @ Brookie

Lows: about a dozen of games this year

K

kennyy

in order (for me)

Brisbane - They won on my birthday. Couldnt have been sweeter if there was a script written!
Cronulla - Wasnt a huge crowd, was **** weather but we were loud and proud.The celebrations on the hill at fulltime and when we scored that last one were insane!
Brooky - We played so well that night. Our best game of the season by far. Taking up the 2 sides of the pathway and giving it to every manly fan that walked past at the end was crazy.
Win - The pre game sledging, the mad chants we had going (with organisation for once) before the game, during and up till the end. There was almost a landslide when we started jumping when cutler put the ball down. Wont ever forget that. Going nuts with the horn in the car leaving!
Parra - Wasnt that good chanting wise but was awesome to get the win. Crazy atmosphere outside with the drums going and giving it to the parra fans who all they were saying prior were "remember last time u guys came here". Was pretty sweet
Penrith - Got flogged but we were louder than the home ground crowd.

Ulven

Ulven
Reaction score
What were your personal highs and lows of the 2007 season?

- El Masri making Origin:

- The year of Luke Patten: He is a pleasure to watch and i wouldnt trade him for any other fullback, a deadset champion.
Ditto;)

El Masri was so impressive in Origin. Even my father said so (and he's a non-Buldogs fan, and a Queenslander). El Masri was so at home under that pressure.

My views on Patten are expressed in his tribute thread.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
High: Game V Parramatta when Roberts got dropped after the making his debut for the Kiwi test

Low: Watching Kenny ball after the loss on saturday night :(

scot

I'll unleash these on you
Reaction score
Highs: Bursting the Souths bubble; the emergence of Te Maari, Koup, Millard and Briggs; the ongoing briliance of the General; seeing the real, injury-free Sonny Bill; Hazem getting a crack at Origin; beating St George and The Roosters

Lows: Losing more games than we won; sticking it out with players that probably should have been pissed off; Holdsworth not being able to repeat; Willie missing alot of games due to injury; Hazem not playing at his best because of injury; Poor refereeing costing us a number of games

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
one of the highs of this season for me was definately the away support within NSW...the way we supported the boys...best example was the game in wollongong against the dragons...that was one of the best games i had been to in a long time and then followed by the game out at brookie...the major low for me was the lack of consistancy during the whole year and our poor execution

Hodgo007

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I just hope the club finds some way to keep both Te Maari and Kouparitsas (both off-contract next season.)
Mate I disagree with you Jimmy...

I think the club can afford to lose one of the backrowers...

I'd rather us target some speed merchants (depending if Bott can prove that he is up to FG standard again)...

We have plenty of backrowers at the moment....

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
im more worried about our backline...we have plenty of forwards....i hope that nanai gets a chance next year

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
mine were the introduction of:

Heka Nanai:didnt do much but u can see he will b a gun soon
Fredd Briggs: gained alot of confidence, not sure if he has signed up but he can get a permanent role in FG if he has
Lee Ta Maari: Was playing awesome until he got injured, hopefully he and Sonny can link up next yr on the field more often.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Highs: Smashing Manly @ Brooky
Smashing Souths and Roosters
Miracle win VS Dragons

Lows: Too many. Mainly our last 4 losses for the year!

Matty B

Reaction score
Highs:
Round 3 vs Titans. Seeing the Ring of Champions inducted with a fitting ceremony for 20 odd Canterbury legends, followed by out 1st win of 2007.
Round 4 vs Souths
Round 15 vs Manly
El Masri's Origin debut and great performance.
The great form of Andrew Ryan and Luke Patten. The Bulldogs best two of 2007. Both utter professionals who give their all every week.

Lows: Saturday night and many other dismal losses throughout and up and down season. But saturday night was an empty feeling.

Hopefully we see some improvements in 2008 and the boys canright a few wrongs and hit back.

Chicharito

DOGGIES ARMY!!!
Reaction score
id put sonny up there with patten and ryan...though ryan has had afew shockers but overall these 3 were out best this year imo

Status
Not open for further replies.