Hickey

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Is it me or is he just never gonna really make that next step. He seems to impress one game and then will just be slow, lazy and average for the next few games. I think he can be good but i dont know if we will see it, he needs to lose a bit of weight cause he is carrying a bit too much and develop his body cause he has the size.

We have all been waiting a while for him to "step up", i just hope this off season he puts in and comes back bigger and better.

Sull

Whitaker Eye
Reaction score
Minus kilo's will make the next step possible. And a little bit more agro.

Hansta

Im Bain's Boss!
Reaction score
needs 2 lose another 5 kilos. still not fit enuf

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
Everyone says he needs to lose weight but to me i just dont think he plays with that intensity and has that aggressive attitude which front rowers need, this is what he needs to change

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I don't know Byrd. I take your point and he is inconsistent but then again who isn't? There are only a select few that aren't.

You have to realise that he is still a kid, who in reality hasn't played Rugby League for very long, and has been asked to go from a bench prop, to leading the front row and be expected to play big minutes.

He has improved out of sight from last year, and yes he is inconsistent and yes he does things that are great one game and the next they are quite ordinary but I still hold high hopes for him.

The good thing about him is that he tries his ass off. He has a great work ethic and if he does lose about 5-10 more kgs and works on his game in the off season, I still think, and am fairly confident, that he can be a very good prop for us due to his very young age for being a prop and his work ethic/desire etc.

I think this experience he is gaining from having to lead our front row and such a young age in a poor team will be great for him down the road and he and the club will benefit greatly from it.

K

kennyy

Along with his weight we need to consider that he is only young as well.

Has been pushed into the front row position from an early age (think asotasi's gradual bringing into the FG side despite the 03 prelim *shakes head*)

He is only young as well. Roy carried us in 05 but this was after he was around for a couple years, Jarrad is probs a bit off that just yet

ByRd

DOGGIE ARMY
Reaction score
I don't know Byrd. I take your point and he is inconsistent but then again who isn't? There are only a select few that aren't.

You have to realise that he is still a kid, who in reality hasn't played Rugby League for very long, and has been asked to go from a bench prop, to leading the front row and be expected to play big minutes.

He has improved out of sight from last year, and yes he is inconsistent and yes he does things that are great one game and the next they are quite ordinary but I still hold high hopes for him.

The good thing about him is that he tries his ass off. He has a great work ethic and if he does lose about 5-10 more kgs and works on his game in the off season, I still think, and am fairly confident, that he can be a very good prop for us due to his very young age for being a prop and his work ethic/desire etc.

I think this experience he is gaining from having to lead our front row and such a young age in a poor team will be great for him down the road and he and the club will benefit greatly from it.
yeh true that he has improved and i know that it is hard to impress in our side this season, the one thing for me, he needs to develop an INTENSITY like that of Dave Taylor or Lauire as he is as big as those guys and if he runs with that aggression, watch out

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Everyone says he needs to lose weight but to me i just dont think he plays with that intensity and has that aggressive attitude which front rowers need, this is what he needs to change
Again, I agree with that. And the games where Hickey has been great this year (Souths and a few others) he played with aggression. When he does, with his frame, he can be quite a handful and quite destructive.

He needs to learn to bring that intensity and aggression into every hitup.

But hopefully that just comes down to youth and he will become more inconsistent with that and also alot of that will be due to fitness. The fitter he is, the more aggressive he can be. But when he is buggered, most players let their fatigue get the better of them and can't muster up the aggression for runs.

Paulina..

BrysonGoodwin♥
Reaction score
I think he has gone good this year considering he is now one of the leaders. And as others say at such a young age he has been average/good. Not amazing.. but we never know, with a great roster next year he may be a bit more aggressive.

Especially if Hannant fires up every week then I'm sure Hickey will as well..

Bakes

The REAL Bakes
Reaction score
Has potential. Look how good Josh Perry is going this year at Manly after he dropped ~10Kg

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Along with his weight we need to consider that he is only young as well.

Has been pushed into the front row position from an early age (think asotasi's gradual bringing into the FG side despite the 03 prelim *shakes head*)

He is only young as well. Roy carried us in 05 but this was after he was around for a couple years, Jarrad is probs a bit off that just yet
roy has never been a fat heap of crap like hickey. he isnt first grade material he is better off playing park footy with blokes who love a beer and ciggi at half time then head back to pub and eat all ya can eat ribs and steak.

hickey=rubbish soft cok

kimlo

ADMlN
Reaction score
roy has never been a fat heap of crap like hickey. he isnt first grade material he is better off playing park footy with blokes who love a beer and ciggi at half time then head back to pub and eat all ya can eat ribs and steak.

hickey=rubbish soft cok
That's a bit harsh you don't think? I think he has potential but atm he's probably only in the team because of how bad this team is.

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
no i dont think. he is bigger then most props and he is a wuss. he doesnt run hard ever he gets buggered in the first 10 minutes so he isnt fit enough for first grade and lacks intensity in his runs.

he should get thrashed in the off season and lose 10kgs and just be a monster and run hard every time for next year. morrin runs harder then him. yeah moz is crap and gets hammered every time but he still just keeps going hard as every hit up.

last night wen hickey came off charlie took his first hit up. it was awesome hard and plenty of mongrel. it was right in front of hickey on sideline. maybe, hopefully he'll learn a lesson from it

craig

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he'd make my bench if lucky in vb cup.

silva

Utility
Reaction score
He lacks intensity. His only played two quality games for the dogs and that was against souths and broncos this yr, and I think he was playing for a contract at the team.
Losing a few kg would help

=Sarah=

Long live MJ
Reaction score
he seems a bit rounder tbh...
stop eating all the pies hicks and u will branch out!

Status
Not open for further replies.