Hetherington, Staines and Burton

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
I feel for Flanagan. Robinson shattered the young kids confidence. A few weeks ago he boasted to the media that he dumped him rather than show more diplomacy. Now he's pinned it all on Kyle of the reason of been denied a three peat.
Robinson has been exposed again after Maloney left and now Cronk. Flanagan will be a good one if he comes to us. He will have a coach who can turn a good honest halfback into a better one.
THIS x 100 !

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I feel for Flanagan. Robinson shattered the young kids confidence. A few weeks ago he boasted to the media that he dumped him rather than show more diplomacy. Now he's pinned it all on Kyle of the reason of been denied a three peat.
Robinson has been exposed again after Maloney left and now Cronk. Flanagan will be a good one if he comes to us. He will have a coach who can turn a good honest halfback into a better one.
But... is it true?

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
But... is it true?
Sorry nasheed. Not sure what you're referring to about it being true. If it's referring to your original post, I do agree with you there's a lot of rawness in two inexperienced halves. An experienced half would be of more value. Only thing is burton and Flanagan seem to be on the cusp of being great to a team that's been lacking a solid combination. And they have youth on their side.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
Sorry nasheed. Not sure what you're referring to about it being true. If it's referring to your original post, I do agree with you there's a lot of rawness in two inexperienced halves. An experienced half would be of more value. Only thing is burton and Flanagan seem to be on the cusp of being great to a team that's been lacking a solid combination. And they have youth on their side.
I'm referring to how you feel for Flanagan be sad he was hung out to dry as the scapegoat for the failure.
whilst that's true from a moral standpoint at all, from a recruitment perspective, was he that impotent?
If so it's a concern l, regardless of Robinson's public response.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'm referring to how you feel for Flanagan be sad he was hung out to dry as the scapegoat for the failure.
whilst that's true from a moral standpoint at all, from a recruitment perspective, was he that impotent?
If so it's a concern l, regardless of Robinson's public response.
I can only go by the performance of the whole roosters team over the last month. They looked so burnt out. None had the ability to do that xfactor play that they had the luxury in the past. Flanagan was trying to steer a side that had lost its mojo. And in turn his game possibly suffered.
The kid only had 10 games experience and was asked to fill a void that was left by a champion multi premiership halfback in Cronk. In any case I can only put my trust in guys like Tbaz and ex footy player experts alike who believe he's a talent and he'll represent good value.

Nasheed

Banned
Gilded
Reaction score
I can only go by the performance of the whole roosters team over the last month. They looked so burnt out. None had the ability to do that xfactor play that they had the luxury in the past. Flanagan was trying to steer a side that had lost its mojo. And in turn his game possibly suffered.
The kid only had 10 games experience and was asked to fill a void that was left by a champion multi premiership halfback in Cronk. In any case I can only put my trust in guys like Tbaz and ex footy player experts alike who believe he's a talent and he'll represent good value.
And this is why I'm worried as it will be the case with us.
It'll be worse as he will have to play senior half.
We need a proper experienced half next to him to help his game. Hence Townsend. But then what about burto?
Maybe Benji for a year
Flanno has to be secondary half not primary. As does Burton and averillo.
Green would've been great.

oldpuppy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
IMO I think benji on 1 year deal has upside. Particularly if we get Burton and/ or Flanagan. Wonder though what decision the club makes then when they have a glut of young halves like Wakeham,Averillo and Lewis as well. Who all need a lot of work. I wouldn't want to be doing the job of recruitment.
It needs to be careful who it let's go as it could turn sour on us.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More of the same. Now they added naden to the list.

With no word from the Panthers, Rothfield believes Naden could be on his way out — but he may actually be scooped up by Barrett, currently an assistant at Penrith, to go to the Bulldogs with him.

He also says promising half Matt Burton is on Barrett’s radar. The 20-year-old has plenty of talent but is stuck behind Jarome Luai and Nathan Cleary.

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
More of the same. Now they added naden to the list.

With no word from the Panthers, Rothfield believes Naden could be on his way out — but he may actually be scooped up by Barrett, currently an assistant at Penrith, to go to the Bulldogs with him.

He also says promising half Matt Burton is on Barrett’s radar. The 20-year-old has plenty of talent but is stuck behind Jarome Luai and Nathan Cleary.
Naden isn’t going anywhere at the moment, just unlucky not to be in the team

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Naden isn’t going anywhere at the moment, just unlucky not to be in the team
I was reading the Panthers forum one of there posters who said he got contacts with the club reckon he good as gone and most of them reckon his of to storm

Daustin

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was reading the Panthers forum one of there posters who said he got contacts with the club reckon he good as gone and most of them reckon his of to storm
I know people pretty close to him, I haven’t heard anything yet. He might be a casualty of their stacked team but I’m sure I’ll hear if he signs somewhere or is getting pushed out

bradyk

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
2 x NF H2H Champ
NF Top Scorer
Reaction score
I've heard the Storm too.