Opinion Hetherington and Thompson vs Latrell…

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
any other nrl bad boy will and would have been treated very different to latrell, for 1 latrell for god only knows why is considered a pin up boy for the nrl
our players are automatically guilty in the eyes of the officials
I know why for 1 he plays for a glamour club and 2 he is part of the ‘demographic’ they want to appear to be supportive of in the woke era. Politics have hijacked the game unfortunately.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m definitely not a Latrell hater, in fact, I think he’s an incredible athlete, but, I like to see justice served and consistency with these types of infringements across the NRL… from the data, he should be getting 6-9 weeks, I’m guessing he’ll get the minimum 6 for an early plea since it’s indefensible in my view.
I agree, but the tendency in some players is once they get the benefit of the doubt or somehow continue to slip through the judicial gaps, they keep doing it. Why shouldn't they if nobody keeps pulling them up? All I want is consistency & do not pre-judge players & incidents based on previous behaviour.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
NRL legend Wendell Sailor takes aim at Latrell Mitchell after horror hit on Joseph Manu
By WWOS staff - 2 hours ago
Latrell Mitchell has been sent to the bin for a high shot on Joey Manu.

NRL legend Wendell Sailor has taken aim at Latrell Mitchell for "borderline arrogance and entitlement" following his horror hit on Joseph Manu on Friday night.
South Sydney superstar Mitchell is staring at a season ending 6-9 week ban after the high shot that left Roosters gun Manu badly injured.
Sailor said that Mitchell's trademark swagger was starting to take the shine off his game and reputation.

Latrell Mitchell of South Sydney. (Getty)
"It just got personal," Sailor told Triple M radio on Saturday.
"I know they've (Mitchell and Manu) won premierships together, they're really good mates. But I just think sometimes with Latrell, his confidence can get the better of him.
"There's that little bit of borderline arrogance and entitlement.
Wendell Sailor. (Getty)
"Latrell has played some really good football this year but a couple of things have crept into his game.
"I can tell you right now (Rabbitohs coach) Wayne Bennett wouldn't be real happy. They can't win it (the premiership) without Latrell."
NRL guru Phil Gould, however, had a degree of sympathy for Mitchell.
The panel dissects Latrell Mitchell's hit on Joey Manu and the consequences yet to come for the Souths star.
"Latrell Mitchell, there will be a lot of people at home calling for his head," Gould told Nine's Friday Night Footy post-show.
"But it's from people who have never played the game or been in that position like he was defending his try line there.
"He's got this wrong, he's made contact with the head and that's what it is. But we're certainly going to hear more about it because given what we've seen this season. The fact that he's made contact with the head, it won't matter why or how it's happened, the fact that Manu is so badly injured and he's got loading, I can't see how he won't be spending time on the sideline."
Roosters centre Joey Manu fires up at Rabbitohs fullback Latrell Mitchell after the brutal hit. (NRL Imagery)
Another NRL legend, Cooper Cronk, agreed the Rabbitohs couldn't win the premiership without Mitchell.
"I love Latrell and I've played a lot of football with Latrell and he is a heavy competitor and South Sydney need him in their side to win the grand final," Cronk said on Fox Sports.
"He has already had one similar charge with David Nofoaluma in round six and missed four weeks. He has got priors."

I know it's Wendell but he makes a valid point on Latrell's attitude, arrogance and entitlement.
That hypocritical coke head knows all about arrogance and entitlement.

w00t

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This happens all the time, it's on our club to actually make a huge fuss about it in the media/take legal action.

The more we stay silent the more problems we are going to have

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
There was another incident last night, not as bad, Cheese hit Niakura high, drew blood from his mouth, only resulted in a penalty… I think it was close to a sin bin personally, but the issue I have was the penalty only came because the on-field ref pleaded with the bunker to re-review his original decision of no foul play…. “I think you need to check it again mate” - the Bunkers gone off the rails.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
There was another incident last night, not as bad, Cheese hit Niakura high, drew blood from his mouth, only resulted in a penalty… I think it was close to a sin bin personally, but the issue I have was the penalty only came because the on-field ref pleaded with the bunker to re-review his original decision of no foul play…. “I think you need to check it again mate” - the Bunkers gone off the rails.
Was only just a penalty. Barely touched him. I wouldn't be surprised if he already had the bleeding mouth or if parra were using old school blood capsules [emoji1787]

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Obviously the bunker was been given "directions" to turn a blind eye "this" week....but after Latrine, someone forgot to update them about the media woo har.

Shows their agendas have nothing to do with player welfare.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Latrell has taken the early guilty plea and will miss 6 weeks.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Latrell has taken the early guilty plea and will miss 6 weeks.
He and South’s were going to look really bad challenging it. 6 weeks is a good result but 8 would have been fair. It’s crazy Latrell and Manu used to be mates… you just wouldn’t go in that aggressive with someone you call your mate.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Trell is a grub

Hethro is a lunatic

Thommo wants a few days off every so often to freshen up and enjoy Australia.

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
I know why for 1 he plays for a glamour club and 2 he is part of the ‘demographic’ they want to appear to be supportive of in the woke era. Politics have hijacked the game unfortunately
I‘m not sure how to say this without it being interpreted in a way that I don’t intend it to be. Here goes anyway, 2 x Bulldogs anglos, Thompson and Hetherington without doubt get treated differently. Is that because they are Bulldogs players or is there some reverse discrimination going on in the NRL. Maybe it’s both, but there is a bit of evidence, Mitchell, Cody Walker, Ferguson, Gagai, Hodges, Thaiday etc all seemed to get away with pretty much anything on the field. Undeniably the NRL does go out of its way to brush some things under the carpet, on field and off field. That doesn’t seem to happen to others, too often to be a coincidence.

Always a Bulldog

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I‘m not sure how to say this without it being interpreted in a way that I don’t intend it to be. Here goes anyway, 2 x Bulldogs anglos, Thompson and Hetherington without doubt get treated differently. Is that because they are Bulldogs players or is there some reverse discrimination going on in the NRL. Maybe it’s both, but there is a bit of evidence, Mitchell, Cody Walker, Ferguson, Gagai, Hodges, Thaiday etc all seemed to get away with pretty much anything on the field. Undeniably the NRL does go out of its way to brush some things under the carpet, on field and off field. That doesn’t seem to happen to others, too often to be a coincidence.

Always a Bulldog
It’s a fair observation and you can add Will Chambers to that list but look at Cam Smith and Billy Slater, on the pitch, two of the biggest grubs you’ll find and they were somewhat of a protected species… I highly doubt it’s got anything to do with race.

I just think it boils down to human inconsistency with an element of unconscious bias.. take Jack Hetherington for example, how can he not have the reputation he has with refs given the sh!t he does on the field.. we love his fire and aggression but the bloke is a loose cannon, he often flies out of the line with a swinging arm and it’s inciting a send off every time… we also saw him desperately burrowing through a pack of Manly forwards for a slice of action albeit he was sticking up for his Captain in JJ, but that you can excuse, Jacko did get donkey kicked in the face by Aloai and you would expect them to have each others backs in that situation.

Actros

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
M
I can accept human error, but surely the rule for contact to the head under the policing of the game right now is clear, contact made with a very high degree of force is a send off and medium-high is a sin bin, low-medium penalty sufficient.

They have made Crusher too broad, any sort of pressure in that neck area it’s a penalty all day if, and only if, you stay down because the refs have no idea. To get it right, the rule needs to be evidence of forceful neck pressure, not for a mere hug.

I’m still struggling to see where Luke Thompson went wrong in that supposed crusher tackle last week, he gets 2 weeks for it… wow.
[/QUOT
Maybe because he is wearing the blue and white and he is English

TwinTurbo

Kennel Legend
Gilded
Reaction score
It’s a fair observation and you can add Will Chambers to that list but look at Cam Smith and Billy Slater, on the pitch, two of the biggest grubs you’ll find and they were somewhat of a protected species… I highly doubt it’s got anything to do with race.

I just think it boils down to human inconsistency with an element of unconscious bias.. take Jack Hetherington for example, how can he not have the reputation he has with refs given the sh!t he does on the field.. we love his fire and aggression but the bloke is a loose cannon, he often flies out of the line with a swinging arm and it’s inciting a send off every time… we also saw him desperately burrowing through a pack of Manly forwards for a slice of action albeit he was sticking up for his Captain in JJ, but that you can excuse, Jacko did get donkey kicked in the face by Aloai and you would expect them to have each others backs in that situation.
Rocks and diamonds is our Hetherington, stopping the TT try (we all know he did) was an exercise in tenacity, he doesn't give up easily. Sure he has a few brain fades, but eliminate the red mist and I believe there is a good player underneath.

Always a Bulldog