Opinion Hetherington and Thompson vs Latrell…

Psycho Doggie

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

It appears they want the coaches to address it, but with the coaches continuing to allow there players to do it & the referees doing nothing it's time to step in.
Brad Arthur a complete failure in that regard.

belmore_utd

Pro Golf Hack
Reaction score
Looked like he was trying to drop an elbow on Varellis head when he scored a tried aswell

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I’m definitely not a Latrell hater, in fact, I think he’s an incredible athlete, but, I like to see justice served and consistency with these types of infringements across the NRL… from the data, he should be getting 6-9 weeks, I’m guessing he’ll get the minimum 6 for an early plea since it’s indefensible in my view.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Based on his last offence that got 4 weeks plus other precidents no way can he play again this year. If he does it’s because the nrl want him in the finals and they are playing favourites

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
If that’s a grade 2 you’d have to decapitate someone for a grade 3 going off that grading. 6 weeks with the early plea is getting off very lightly.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If that’s a grade 2 you’d have to decapitate someone for a grade 3 going off that grading. 6 weeks with the early plea is getting off very lightly.
Agree, Thommo gets 2 weeks for a standard grapple to the ground with zero aggression tied to it.. he got 5 weeks for a bite that left a mere imprint… what’s breaking someone’s face worth after all the hoo-ha on player safety???

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Brad Arthur a complete failure in that regard.
At the same time, the NRL needs to think ahead before it acts. It’s the Players and coaches job to take any competitive advantage that is available to them within the rules of the game, a “code of ethics” goes out the door when playing for 2 competition points or a finals game.

transporter

Waterboy
Reaction score
Mitchell’s was far worse than hetherington. I can’t stand Mitchell,always gets away with things. Rub him out for this year and part of next.

Bazildog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I hope the morons fight the charge and fuckhead gets 9 weeks..

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Almost forgot about that, Latrell insights an issue from his “touchdown” parallel to the Rooster Players face, Teddy merely walks over to say why would you do that, no aggression and Teddy gets the lecture… Latrell should have been sin binned a second time for that, could have sparked anything given the context of how the players were reacting to incidents out there…
If only players could punch on i bet LaSmell Bitchell wouldn't be acting half as staunched as he does knowing a big forward would punch his lights out at any minute. Fuckin grub of the highest order.

D.O.W.

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Michael Ennis was blowing up deluxe about the incident broadly targeting the Bunker (Perenara) & the NRL administration.. have to agree with him but disagree on his view regarding Ash Klein (he felt there’s too much going on live) as the on field ref, he did FA when it was pretty obvious what transpired.

Hulk76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I mean the amount of weeks he gets given. Whether it's the minimum or they throw the book at him. They do and will consider its the finals and he is a marquee player.
How could a free pass be justified tho?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
I mean the amount of weeks he gets given. Whether it's the minimum or they throw the book at him. They do and will consider its the finals and he is a marquee player.
Know what you're saying but they shouldn't. He is no better than anyone else regards dangerous play. Thompson is our marque player. Gone.

Manu is a finals player and a marque player as well. It wasn't an accident.

6 weeks better than being let off but not sufficient.

ddt192

The Blue N White Butcher Stripe
Reaction score
Did anyone see Ennis giving it to Annesley & co? Sick ****

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
NRL legend Wendell Sailor takes aim at Latrell Mitchell after horror hit on Joseph Manu
By WWOS staff - 2 hours ago
Latrell Mitchell has been sent to the bin for a high shot on Joey Manu.

NRL legend Wendell Sailor has taken aim at Latrell Mitchell for "borderline arrogance and entitlement" following his horror hit on Joseph Manu on Friday night.
South Sydney superstar Mitchell is staring at a season ending 6-9 week ban after the high shot that left Roosters gun Manu badly injured.
Sailor said that Mitchell's trademark swagger was starting to take the shine off his game and reputation.

Latrell Mitchell of South Sydney. (Getty)
"It just got personal," Sailor told Triple M radio on Saturday.
"I know they've (Mitchell and Manu) won premierships together, they're really good mates. But I just think sometimes with Latrell, his confidence can get the better of him.
"There's that little bit of borderline arrogance and entitlement.
Wendell Sailor. (Getty)
"Latrell has played some really good football this year but a couple of things have crept into his game.
"I can tell you right now (Rabbitohs coach) Wayne Bennett wouldn't be real happy. They can't win it (the premiership) without Latrell."
NRL guru Phil Gould, however, had a degree of sympathy for Mitchell.
The panel dissects Latrell Mitchell's hit on Joey Manu and the consequences yet to come for the Souths star.
"Latrell Mitchell, there will be a lot of people at home calling for his head," Gould told Nine's Friday Night Footy post-show.
"But it's from people who have never played the game or been in that position like he was defending his try line there.
"He's got this wrong, he's made contact with the head and that's what it is. But we're certainly going to hear more about it because given what we've seen this season. The fact that he's made contact with the head, it won't matter why or how it's happened, the fact that Manu is so badly injured and he's got loading, I can't see how he won't be spending time on the sideline."
Roosters centre Joey Manu fires up at Rabbitohs fullback Latrell Mitchell after the brutal hit. (NRL Imagery)
Another NRL legend, Cooper Cronk, agreed the Rabbitohs couldn't win the premiership without Mitchell.
"I love Latrell and I've played a lot of football with Latrell and he is a heavy competitor and South Sydney need him in their side to win the grand final," Cronk said on Fox Sports.
"He has already had one similar charge with David Nofoaluma in round six and missed four weeks. He has got priors."

I know it's Wendell but he makes a valid point on Latrell's attitude, arrogance and entitlement.

sgodllubsti

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
any other nrl bad boy will and would have been treated very different to latrell, for 1 latrell for god only knows why is considered a pin up boy for the nrl
our players are automatically guilty in the eyes of the officials